• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I will also be doing wifi battles in Pokemon Pearl for those who do not have Pokemon Platinum but have a wifi team in Diamond and Pearl. :)

Sometimes I will use my Platinum wifi team against those who have Diamond or Pearl. xD

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    i wanna get platinum but im still waiting to get it, i dunno i just havent been able to get a ride to the store, but ive only had diamond for a while too, because at first until like a month ago, i only liked G/S/C Fr/Lg R/S/E, but now i like the newer generation more, all the trading and battling, more challenging fights (in game even) so im trying to get platinum as soon as possible, but for now im just gonna keep playing diamond and ill probably keep diamond for transferring, and breeding, etc. when i do end up getting it

star88

colour blind artist [no joke]
    Years
    diamond is main [ since a few months ago i finally transfered my best ever pokemon over] and is going to stay that way but i will breed some starters and trade over to platinum at the start of that game for a comptition with my brother as to who finishes the gyms first.

Piplup112

Pokemon Coordinator
    Years
    You know what, to tell you the truth, I was not very impressed by Platinum ._. I play my Pearl a Lot more than Platinum. All the "New Features" made me think that it was gonna be awesome. But I like the outfits, storyline, and everything else the best in Pearl/Diamond, except for the "Battleground" in the Survival area. Very useful for training.

Last edited:

Piplup112

Pokemon Coordinator
    Years
    already done the switch :) d/p sucks compared to platinum!

ARE YOU KIDDING???????????
    I'd say PLATINUM sucks compared to d/p. I thought that the Storyline was boring in platinum, not to mention the new outfit was horrible, and I hated that I got Togepi egg instead of Happiny! :( You can catch a Togepi! Can you catch a Happiny? NO! D/p is better!

So has everyone else. D/P have been out for 2 years. Plat came out one month ago.

I know that. But I don't like Platinum that much, my Playtime is 31:24.
    And my pearl is 347:Something!
    And btw I got it on Dec 6 2007 and I lost it for 2 months!

Last edited:

The Red Chain

I'd say PLATINUM sucks compared to d/p. I thought that the Storyline was boring in platinum, not to mention the new outfit was horrible, and I hated that I got Togepi egg instead of Happiny! :( You can catch a Togepi! Can you catch a Happiny? NO! D/p is better!

Wrong-o.
    You can get Happiny in the Trophy Garden.

Maybe you should do research next time..?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Since my Platinum is Japanese(I got it shorty after it came out in September of '08), I use my English Pearl to find out the Natures and Abilities of my Pokemon. Moves, however, I need no help on.

The Red Chain

You get Happiny by obtaining the National Pokedex and talking to Mr. Backlot.
    It's a bit of work, but the Sinnoh Dex is cake to complete.

Years
    Of course that's what ppl are doing heck even I'm doing it that's why I got an Electavire in Platinum right now. I even trade to train my pokes and trade evo items into it so I got pokemon like Gallade, Togekiss, and Gliscor early in the game and I could have another Gliscor if I wanted.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Seeing as I have over 250 Pokemon on my copy of Pearl, I'll be using Platinum mostly to import 'mons to Pearl.

Years
    As long as you transfer your Pokemon after getting all 8 badges (or sooner if they were low enough in level) wouldn't there be little to no difference anyway? (I mean, from playing Diamond & Pearl to playing Platinum)

Just saying, is all.

Years
    Threads can only be "revived" within a month.
    A thread that has gone past an approximate month may not be posted in. For restarting topics, create a new thread.
    Please refrain from bumping dead topics.
    Thank you. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back