• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I will be playing all three.

Platinum will be the game I complete 100%
    Diamond will have a team based off of Dia from Pokemon Special
    and
    Pearl will be a breeding game/training game.

No reason to get rid of anything.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I don't even know if I'll ever get Platinum, so...
    Yeah, Pearl is where it's at boys and girls. Just like all of my best Pokemon are on Ruby and not Emerald.

Years
  • I'll use my Diamond to train and send Pokemon over to Platinum when I get it. It's sad, but it's convenient :)
    I'll still use it as often as platinum though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    mostly will play plat but diamond once in awhile to do somethings on it.

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
  • I will trade over pokemon from LG/FR to diamond, across to pearl, then to platinum. My wi-fi team (still in progress) will be in platinum. I will still play D/P though. Complete side-quests and such.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I will be one of the ones switching my team from Pearl over. I can't wait till the game comes out on Sunday.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • WHERE IS MY PEARL GAME?!

I lost my Pearl game, and if I find it again, I'm gonna transfer ALL my legendaries and dunk shinies into the game. If only I had another DS... (I could always ask my classmate, IF I find my Pearl...)

*sobs in a dark corner*

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes, RIP my Pokemon Pearl.. I barely ever played you anyway. >_>

Platinum will be so much more amusing, I have a feeling.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I will plan on completing Platinum and transfer my Pearl Pokemon to Platinum as well as GBA Pokemon. Then I will probably not use it anymore, but I will keep it just in case.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • I'm just going to spend about 4 hours of my life transfering everything to platinum because im cool like that :P besides. I like platinum sprites and differant clothes :P

This, sadly. =P
    Urgh.. it makes me feel queezy just thinking about it.

I think I might still keep a good team of 6 on there, cause you know.. it'd be pretty stupid to have 999+ hours and have nothing to show for it! xD

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • Considering I haven't even reached the halfway point of the main adventure of Diamond.. I may go either way, actually. I might try to just turn in Diamond for a few bucks, and put that towards Platinum's new features.

Years
  • I'll use my Diamond for training mostly ^^"
    I really injoyed my time in Diamond but each game has it's time T-T
    it's one of the best games I've ever played ^^ .. no doubt in that ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I'll probably play D/P more. Platinum is just like D/P wiht a few changes.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I've enjoyed my tiime and Pokemon with Diamond no doubt, but Platinum will take up my time. Maybe eventually I will use my Diamond to transfer some Pokemon over. It was a fun ride on Diamond though I must say!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    im just gonna use my pearl for trading over my good pokemon. i might use it for breeding. i wont be on it as much as im on platinum. my pearl is broken anyways.

Years
  • I've bred for the team of six Pokémon I plan on using in Platinum.

I'm excited to start over again, but at the same time, I'm not letting go of Pearl's file because it's been there since the morning that the game came out.

(I may not even transfer my actual team of Pokémon over to Platinum, opting instead for the team I've made)

Years
  • well. im kinda in a jumble. Platinum i would want to be like the game that i have everything and keep playing, but i suspect it has such a great new storyline that if i only play it once, i feel i will be missing out on stuff everytime i play Pearl over and over (maybe for monotype challenges, to get specific pokes, etc). So right now i kinda wanna use Platinum as the trade over kinda thing.

BUT. Now i think ive changed my mind. Cuz of the BattleFrontier! :P

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Well... I have 2 Diamonds and a Pearl, so of course I won't stop using them. I plan on this: I'll use 1 Diamond and my Pearl as playthroughs, so I can get the version exclusive pokemon and stuff. My other Diamond (as well as Pokemon Ranch)will be used to store my pokes, and Platinum will be used as a playthrough and for competitive battling (if I ever do it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back