• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard_2010

The Beginning Trainer
    Years
    I think that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl isn't dead because there's a good use of them for trading and I have my Pokemon Pearl with me because I just got it.

The CriminaL

Party King
    Years
    Im still using Diamond for competitive battling since it's fun...even though I suck at it...Platinum most likely will be my trading game...why won't you shine stupid Zangoose!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I'll use mine to transfer over my Diamond Pokes, then probably use it for Mono-type/species challenges ^^

EDIT: Yay 100th post! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well i think wen i get platnuim im just gona send over my pokemon...
    i might no every use diamond ever again...
    maybe just for trades and platnuim for battles...
    maybe not sure

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I'm still playing Pearl, so my brother is playing Platinum. I'm only doing so because I want to complete everything in the game, for once.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I've already restarted Diamond three times so I don't see a reason for me to start again. I was thinking of using it for EV training, but then I realized that I might as well just do it on Platinum, since whatever I EV trained would be traded to that game. I guess if I ever want to use an AR, I'll blow the dust off of Diamond and keep my Platinum clean.

UltraBlaziken

Cyber Trainer
    Years
    I'm not going to play Pearl very often, and I'll transfer my best Pokémon to Platinum, but I will surely re-transfer to Pearl them sometime to upload them to Battle Revolution.

Last edited:

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Well, maybe, if I get over my laziness and actually start sending some Pokemon to Platinum. I wouldn't send all of them to Plat though, cause it's in Japanese and I don't know Japanese.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I will still play my Diamond a lot because well . . . because I can really.
    Also that is the only game I can use to transfer my pokemon onto PBR.

Crissy xX

Years
    I don't think I am going to stop using Diamond, but I do think that Platinum will take a take the front seat in the pokemon games for me.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    Platinum may make DP obsolete when it comes to getting pokemon since PLat has 3 legendary birds plus the two cover pokemon of DP plus its own cover pokemon

However PLatinum is nice in a way, but There have been 12 games over 4 generations and i still prefer pokemon red....so its unlikely any version of any pokemon game will ever replace it

Years
    My Pearl has the best file I've ever had in any Pokemon Game to date. So i'm not trading them anywhere, i'm gonna get my own new team in Platinum. I love how there's more variety in Platinum so there's much more room for creative teams, obtainable in-game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Interesting question. I've been debating whether to send all my important Pokemon over to Platinum from Pearl. I'd like to keep Pearl as my primary game because of all the accomplishments. Like the globe in the GTS that's filled with locations. And my nearly completed Pokedex. And my underground Secret Base that's set up exactly the way I want it. Minor things, yes, but they contribute to my personal feeling of "completion." I really can't be bothered to try to fill up the GTS globe again, since the entire GTS is messed up with everyone wanting non-event Shaymin and Darkrai.

Look for me to keep active on both games, and maybe, actually, (0_O) someday leaving Platinum behind once the novelty wears off.

Years
    What on Earth are you talking about? So what if a newer game comes along with a few new features? The old games are just as playable now as they always were. I'm going to keep on playing my D/P just like I keep on playing my GenIII games. They'll probably fit into these roles:

Diamond: Chaining, SRing shinies
    Pearl: Pokédex → GTS patrolling, EVing and breeding → wi-fi trading
    Platinum: VS Recorder → Wi-fi battling

Of course, I have to finish playing through Diamond and Platinum first, and actually raise a competitive team, finally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back