• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Ok. I've been noticing a LOT of Monotype challenges for the R/S/E series, so, how about a complete challenge? Meaning, you can choose ANY ONE type and use the pokemon for that specific type. You may use them, breed them, whatever, as long as it is that ONE type you have signed for.
You may start with ANY starter, and use them to help TRAIN your OTHER pokemon, but not for trainer battles.
Ex. Training Ralts until it learns Confusion.
Some types I WILL have exceptions to. Such as Dragon and Ghost. There are not alot of either type, so if you use pokemon that are LIKE the two types (I will make exceptions on others, too), then that is acceptable.

Gardener(s) : sdfs
Plain Jane(s) :
Pyromaniac(s) : Pyromaniac45
Burrower(s) :
Dragon Slayer(s) :
Night Walker(s) :
Aqua Blatser(s) :
Static Shocker(s) :
Spirit Walker(s) :
Freezer(s) : Pikataro
Iron Head(s) :
Boulder Basher(s) :
Black Beltt(s) : ArmyGuy0628
Air Pilot(s) : MoonlightKnight
Entomologist(s) :
Magician(s) : Parabolic
Venom(s) : WKnite

The nicknames are relavant to the type so if you are confused let me know. You may use any of the pokemon from your selected type, like said before, but you must put at least ONE update each day.

If anyone wishes to join just let me know! (Or post here)

EDIT: More than one person can use a specific type. Meaning two or fifteen people can use water. Not just one.

Last edited:
Years
hey! I'd like to try this out. I'd prefer the fire type, so I guess that would be Pyromaniac?

what about dual classes? like ice and water or fire and fighting? are those allowed?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Dual are most definitely allowed.
And yes you may have the fire type! ^w^

bolmy

That guy.
Years
Why don't you get together with the others who have monotype challenges and make them all in one big ol' thread?

Or are my ideas retarded?
(Having a bad day, so take my ideas with a pinch of salt)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Why don't you get together with the others who have monotype challenges and make them all in one big ol' thread?

Or are my ideas retarded?
(Having a bad day, so take my ideas with a pinch of salt)
Meh.....idk
but no....your ideas are not dumb.
lol

Years
Start Time: 11:48 am
did all the beginning things like Brich's intro, set the clock, save Birch, got Torchic, and trained on route 101 and route 103 until I was level 10. then I pwned May. Continued on my adventure. ( I could write this whole thing kinda like a fanfic. but I'm lazy) made my way to daddy's gym, watched wally catch his pokemon (how in the world did he train that thing?).

Made it though Petalburg Woods, Got the wailmer pail! (OMG! the Wailmer Pail!! how did I ever live without it?!? -_-') Made it to Pedalburg Gym and Double kicked Roxanne's ass. boo-yeah! (perhaps I should be taking some screen shots of this shouldn't I?). anyways, I rescued the little birdie, got cut, and bought a few items. pokeballs and potions and such. I caught a Nincada, made it learn cut, then I continuted on my adventure towards Brawly.
Brawly killed me... I should have healed instead of fighting all the trainers and then him in and row... oh well. I returned to him and destroyed him!

that's enough for today.

Pokemon: Blaze/Combusken Lv. 22
Nincada: Lv. 7
Badges: 2
Pokedex: 3
End Time: 12:27 (play time: 2 hrs. 25 mins acording to the game clock. I llive for the Turbo button ^.^)

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Have fun! <3
You guys can also sign up for more than one type as well!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
like... more than one type per game, or start a new game with a different type?
more than one per game. OR once you are done with the first challenge (or you wish to redo anything) you can change your selected type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
if we can have more than one type, then what's the point of having a monotype challange?
I didnt mean in one play
I meant in one game have fire, another water, and the other, grass!
And if you beat the game with EACH of those, then you may start the challenge again with a whole new type tdifferent than your last.

Years
ooooh, I get it now. heh, I thought you ment having more than one type on a single play. good thing it's cleared up.

so this challenge goes to entering the Hall of Fame I'm assuming right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
ooooh, I get it now. heh, I thought you ment having more than one type on a single play. good thing it's cleared up.

so this challenge goes to entering the Hall of Fame I'm assuming right?
Yeah up to the Hall of Fame (Unless you wish to go further).

bolmy

That guy.
Years
Meh.....idk
but no....your ideas are not dumb.
lol

I take some comfort in this then XD

I'm debating whether joining up here and running Dark on my second copy of Sapphire, but I dunno. Seeing as I'm already doing a Dark challenge *shruggies*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back