• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King!

better
Years
    *re-looks at sign up*
    YOU'RE DOING A BUG CHALLENGE!!!??? *hands candy-bar* Nice update :3

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
    Years
  • Yea, =P Since people said it was going to be hard so I decided to really challenge myself. xD

Phye

Years
  • Thanks, I appreciate it =)Hehe, this is really fun although I haven't gotten so far XD

The Next Step...
    After helping Wally catch his ralts and meeting some strange guy towards route 104 I went to battle some more trainers, but before doing so I bought some potions.

Youngster Billy becomes the first trainer I'll battle on the route having a zigzagoon and a seedot. As usual I switch between Fate and Destiny when either one gets 3 attack reductions.

Seedot went down easily with some poison stings from Destiny. After the battle I decided to go heal my pokémon at the Pokémon center before taking on the next trainer.

Next up is the Fisherman Darian that I battle. Having only a magikarp, he went down quite fast and easy.

After the beating the fisherman I go ahead and challenge Lady Cindy to a battle. Knowing her, she will use(waste) a Full Restore on her Zigzagoon when it is on low health. As previously, I switch between my pokémon when it have done too many growls. After the battle I grab the berries to the right and head for the Pokémon Center to heal up my pokémon yet again.

Im now entering Petalburg Forest and walks out to the right to be able to grab some items. Once which is a potion and the other a Pokéball. Both may be useful during my adventure.

Then I re-enter Petalburg forest but this time I go challenge Bug Catcher Lyle to the left. He is using only 4 wurmples as his pokémon so it will be an easy battle for my cocoons.

A paralyz heal was found just a couple of feet north of the Bug Catcher. It will really come in handy against pokémon that will paralyse my bugs.

I also saved the Devon Researcher guy in the forest. The Team Aqua Grunt's Poochyena were nothing against my bugs. The great ball as reward will maybe used to catch the next bug-type for my team if my single premier ball fails to catch it.

After my daring rescue I challenged another Bug Catcher for a battle whose name is James. This time thou the bug catcher were using 2 Nincadas in his team. His nincadas went down fairly easy but their leech life and harden slowed it down somewhat.

I grabbed the Ether above James and headed out of the forest and north to grab some items around the grass patches and get Bullet Seed from the guy walking next to the exit of the forest.

Also I took the berries inside and outside the house before challenging my new opponent, Rich Boy Winston. He also uses a Zigzagoon as Lady Cindy and even him will use(waste) a Full Restore on his pokémon when its at low health.

After that battle I run right into Lass Haley to battle her Lotad and Shroomish. Poison Stings brings the lilypad and the shroom pokémon down easily. Destiny evolves after the battle into a Dustox. As dustox it learned the move Confusion which will be useful.

Next in line for a battle are the twins Gina and Mia with their pokémon Lotad and Seedot. I focus Destiny's and Fate's poison stings on lotad at first because I know seedot will use bide. However they decided to let seedot use harden instead but they went down fast anyways. After the battle, Fate evolved into Beautifly. It's new move Absorb will really help in the first gym.

Before heading to Rustboro City I decided to grab the berries on my way and challenge Fisherman Ivan. His 3 magikarps went easily down by Fate's new move Absorb.

I grabbed the X Defend around the corner and then went directly to the Pokémon Center to heal my pokémon and where I'm now currently located.

.:Current Team:.
    Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV10
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV10
    Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Alright, since I have mono (haha and I'm doing a monotype challenge, funny!!) I've had plenty of time to overlevel and i's a good thing too!! Since I'm doing unevolved as well!! To really challenge myself!!

I'm about to challenge Flannery for my 4th Gym badge and my team is:

Mudkip
    Level 40 (no joke)
    ~Water Gun
    ~Rock Smash
    ~Strength
    ~Mud Slap

Wingull
    Level 38
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Water Gun
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Growl

Lotad
    Level 30
    ~Bullet Seed
    ~Flash
    ~Absorb
    ~Nature Power

And a level 4 Zigzagoon that I have for cut until I get a Good Rod and can catch Corphish! As well as Barboach. I decided to stop training Lotad as it kind of sucks...
    Edit: Just got me an egg. =D

Phye

Years
  • A new team member and an annoying Gym Battle:.
    Before tackling the gym I decided to go to route 116 and catch a nincada to be my next pokémon in my team. Nicknaming it Silent I also decided to battle all the trainers in the area. On a side note I think its funny that its nature is quiet as well.

All right, first trainer to battle is Youngster Joey. His Machop was an easy defeat for Silent since she resisted all its attacks. But after a couple of Leers and a Focus Energy I had to switch out and finish it off with Destiny's Confusion.

Next up is Bug Catcher Jose with his Wurmple and Nincada. His wurmple were no threat for Silent as it easily scratch awayed on the tiny buy pokémon. Nincada was stronger thou so I switched out to Fate to finish it off with Absorb.

After that battle I went ahead and challenged School Kid Karen to the right. Her shroomish were no match against my bug pokémon except for Silent that had some troubles with its Absorbing. I had to finish it with Destiny or Silent would of died.

I ran directly to the pokémon center to heal my paralyse I got on Destiny and Silent from the previous battle's Stun Sporing.

All healed up I challenged Youngster Clark and Hiker Johnson for a double battle. Shroomish and Geodude were first out. I had to switch out Silent for Fate since her Absorb would do better against the geodude. Destiny's Poison Sting took the shroomish down. Lotad were sent out after shroomish but it went down as well with some poison stings.

Hiker Devan were my next opponent. Having two geodudes I had to use Fate's Absorb to beat them. I picked up the X Special on the mountain and then headed back to Rustboro City to challenge the gym.

Before battling the gym I healed up in the Pokémon center and then we were ready to go. First up in the gym is Youngster Josh with his geodude. Fate easily took it down with an absorb.

Next up is a double battle between Hiker Marc and Youngster Tommy. The pokémon they sent out are 4 geodudes, 2 each. I ordered Silent to use hardens while Fate took them down with its Absorb.

Last but not least, I take on the leader Roxanne. She used Geodude first, I didn't have time to switch in Fate before it got killed by a rock throw. Luckily Destiny managed to kill it off with Confusions and getting it confused really helped a lot.
    Her nosepass were another story, blocking Silent so I couldnt heal up Destiny and switch it back in hurted since that nosepass kept using harden. The only attacking moves Silent have is Scratch, Cut and Leech Life. I decided I would use harden myself to be able to withstand anything it could throw at me for safety reasons... but of course it gets a critical hit on its tackle.
    All right same tactic on Destiny, Harden because Rock Tomb really hurts. It really helped that it missed with its rock tomb everytime I healed up Destiny. Actually it were missing pretty much during the battle. After maxing the defense I ordered Destiny to try take it out with its Confusions. Of course it was going to take more than any physical moves but with Destiny's low Sp.atk and Nosepass high Sp. Defense it felt like it were taking forever. Destiny managed to confuse nosepass which helped a little but it only lasted one turn. It managed to get a critical hit, but fortunately it was just on tackle and didnt take down Destiny. If Destiny survives I hope I could take down her Onix fairly well... But unfortunately we never managed to get passed nosepass and whited out due to it getting a critical hit once again finishing off Destiny.

Before taking on her the second time I went ahead and bought 10 potions at the mart. I decided to switch Fate to the front to be able to take down geodude at least... but when I went and challenged her again I noticed I forgot to do it. Oh well... this time I switched into the HM slave to safely switch in Fate later. Luckily the rock tomb missed on Fate since her Absorb didn't OHKO it. That way fate managed to take it down without taking any damage herself. Well I thought she had an onix as well bet as it turned out she had two geodudes and a nosepass. She sent out another geodude so I decided to let Fate stay in to do her thing. This time Fate went down from the rock tomb.
    Knowing that Roxanne would heal her geodude I decided to use harden during the first turn with Silent. It took some time for Silent to kill off the geodude since it were using defense curl a lot but eventually it went down. Since silent had max harden, I decided it would be best if it stayed in against Nosepass even thou it will do less damage if Nosepass use harden itself. With it blocking Silent I have no choice but to let it stay in any ways. The only move that did decent damage were Leech Life thanks to S.T.A.B. It also helped in healing some damage to slow down when I should heal. I had to use the Ether I found since Silent's Leech life ran out of PP. Fortunately Silent critted when Nosepass was at low health preventing Roxanne to use a Potion on it.

Thus I've managed to win the Stone Badge and earn myself Rock Tomb!

After watching the Team Aqua member and the Devon Researcher run off I went to the Pokémon Center where I'm now currently located once again.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV12
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV11
    Silent the Quiet Nincada:. LV10

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Years
  • After a long way trough the victory road and hard grinding, it's finally Elite 4 time!:badsmile:

Sidney - Not too hard, Absol could easily set up a Swords Dance sweep.

Phoebe - Easy, obviously, killed everything in like two hits.

Glacia - This one was a little harder, I killed the Sealeos + Walrein with Shiftry and the Glalies with Absol.

Drake - More trouble, but slowly killed everything with different moves + lots of hyper potions.

Wallace - MUCH easier than I expected. Absol set up a SD sweep on Wailord while using some hyper potions, and then killed everything in 1 hit except Gyarados.

Swords Dance + Double Team = ownage.:D

Woot! Well, this challenge was fun guys.

Phye

Years
  • I'm sorry if my updates are huge walls of text ^^; If anyone likes I could even write a summary of events that have past.

The Next Gym Battle:.
    After finally defeating the Gym Leader I then went ahead to Route 116 again but this time I entered the cave on that route. On my way I also met the Devon Researcher which told me that his Devon Goods were stolen.

Right before entering the cave an old man told me his pokémon were also stolen.
    Inside the cave, I grabbed the Pokéball and then went ahead to challenge the Team Aqua Grunt. His Poochyena were an easy fight for Silent and her Leech Life.
    I got the Devon Goods back after the battle and the old man took his stolen pokémon back.

On my way back to Rustboro City I decided to take the cut path to battle some new trainers since I teached Silent Cut from the cutmaster before taking on the gym.

First up is a Double Battle between Lady Sarah and Rich Boy Dawson. They use 2 pokémon each, the first two are Lotad and Zigzagoon. I went ahead and used Leech Life and Poison Sting on the lotad with Silent and Destiny. The Second Pokémon for both were Zigzagoon and Poochyena. All Zigzagoons weren't too much problem except for their growls. Since it is a double battle I have to switch out one at a time because I only got 3 pokémon in my team(that I use). Poochyena went down easily with Leech Life from Silent and Poison Sting from Destiny.

After that battle is another Double Battle, this time with Lass Janice and School Kid Jerry. They used Ralts and Marill. Ralts went easily down with Leech Life and Marill went down with a couple of confusions from Destiny.

I grabbed the items on the ledge and then went back to Rustboro City. As thanks from getting the Devon Goods back I got yet another great ball. From the President of Devon Corporation I also got the PokéNav as thanks for helping his researcher twice.
    The president also gave me a letter that he wanted me to deliver to his son Steven Stone, do I look like a mailman now? Outside the building a researcher stops me and gives me an upgrade for the PokéNav, the Match Call and I have to call the President to try it out.

My bugs gets healed up in the Pokémon Center before I head over to the Petalburg Woods to grab some items I previously couldn't get due to not being able to use cut outside battle.

On my way to Petalburg Woods I talked to Brendan to register him on the PokéNav. I also decided to challenge him to a battle. First up were wingull, its Wing Attack really hurted my team. Not just that but it also confused Destiny so he took down himself.
    I had to switch out Silent after wingull growled too much. The HM slave had to sacrifice itself for that.
    With only Silent alive for Treecko the outcome looked grim. I knew that Leech Life would do much but absorb would do more against Silent. It also didnt help that Silent were confused with one growl reduction from the previous battle with wingull.
    Seeing that absorbed healed up more than what I could get its health down I decided to let Silent faint for that battle.
    I requested a rematch but this time I used Fate in the front. Leading off with neutral absorbs I hoped to at least take down Brendan's wingull to low health. It starts out with a super sonic that made Fate hit herself. This don't look good at all. I switched out to the HM slave to be able to heal Fate but Wingull then got a critical on it taking it down before I had a chance to heal.
    Finally Fate gets off an absorb and gets confused again. She also hit herself yet again. Fate gets taken down by hitting herself and from wing attack damage.
    Silent gets taken down with a single Water Gun this time.
    With a couple of potions, Destiny managed to take down Wingull with its confusions. This time against Treecko the odds looks better since Destiny resists absorb and have pretty good defence in my opinion. Absorb does almost nothing and leer + quick attack does some damage. However with a few Poison Stings + Poison, Treecko gets taken down fairly well. Destiny learns Gust after the battle which will probably help in future battles.

I heal up my pokémon at the Pokémon center before heading further ahead. When I finally get into Petalburg Woods I go cut up to the right so I can grab some items. I give the newly acquired Miracle Seed to Fate to boost Absorb somewhat.

After that I head to the cottage on the next route where Mr.Briney lives. He gladly gives us a ride on his boat for helping out his Wingull Peeko.

First stop is Dewford Town! Before challenging the gym I decide to battle the trainers around the beach. A silk scarf I found in a house did I give to Silent to boost Cut a litte. I also got an old rod but I wont be using it since there are no pokémon I need to use it against.

Fisherman Ned is the first trainer I battle on the beach. He uses a Tentacool which is no problem for Silent. Silent gets a critical on cut and end it pretty fast.

The next Fisherman to battle is Elliot. He uses three pokémon, one which is a Magikarp. Magikarp is an easy victory for any of my pokémon. Next up is Tentacool, as easy as before, Silent triumphs over it. Last up is yet another magikarp. To make quick work of it I just sent out Fate for the kill.

After that battle I went into the cave to grab Flash from the hiker and the escape rope lying around. I decided to teach Fate Flash and then headed over to the pokémon center to heal my pokémon before the Pokémon Gym.

First in line to battle in the darkness is Battle Girl Laura. She uses a Meditite which goes down fairly easy.

Next up is Black Belt Takao with his Machop. Machop goes down easier than Meditite. Fate learns Gust after the battle which will really help in this gym.

Before taking on the next trainer I went ahead and healed up my pokémon at the Pokémon Center.

Black Belt Cristian is using a Makuhita which went down fairly well with gusts from Fate.

After the previous battle I ran into Battle Girl Jocelyn. Her Meditite was less threatening now when Fate got gust to deal with it.

Last trainer battle before the gym leader is a double battle between Sailor Brenden and Battle Girl Lilith. They use Machop and Meditite. Fate and Destiny easily rips them apart with gust.

I decided to heal up my bug pokémon before taking on the Gymleader which wont be too much trouble I hope since my pokémon resist fighting type attacks.
    All right time for Gym Leader Brawly! He starts off with Machop which I decided that Silent could probably take on herself. But after attacking I saw she wouldn't do much damage since it also used bulk up. Destiny's confusion would do more damage to it and resist the fighting moves it can pull out as well.
    Next up is Meditite, since confusion wont do much I let Fate handle it with S.T.A.B. gust. Meditite uses reflect which halves all physical damage done to them, argh, I guess I have to use Destiny against Makuhita later. The only attacking move Meditite seems to have was Focus Punch. After two super potions used by Brawly and a couple of gusts, Meditite finally went down.
    Last is Makuhita, I pull out Destiny so he will get some experience as well. Makuhita uses Bulk Up as all other pokémon so confusion does more than gust.

Leader Brawly goes down with ease and I win my second badge! The Knuckle badge! I also gets Bulk Up that may be useful on a future team member. *hint* *hint* =P

I'm currently located in Dewford Town's Pokémon center where I've healed up my pokémon.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV14
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV14
    Silent the Quiet Nincada:. LV13

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay everybody, I've noticed some important updates (even though I haven't read all of them), and now I am going to update the OP. :3

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Updating Now :P
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Okay I'm all done! I'm surprised I didn't get twenty more updates while I was updating...
    Um, someone had a question and I don't remember who it was. It was...um...idk. >.<
    *goes back to look*

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay, now for my under par update! mmm.... Shroomish and Makuhita evolved. (<3 hariyama is so fricking fat!)
    I beat Wattson easily. All of his Pokemon were 1HKO'd by Hariyama's Vital Throw.
    Caught a Machop. Accidentally didn't name it. Caught another. Named Geraldo. :3
    Blankey, Brella, and Makit are all level 26. Geraldo is level 19.

EDIT: Yes Zirkle, I guess that would be okay.... ;)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just beat Wattson on my Flying mono-type which took several tries, started off Pelipper Lv 28 & Swellow Lv 29.

After I beat him;

Pelipper Lv 29 & Swellow Lv. 36

Took ages!

Phye

Years
  • Beach Party!:.
    Brawly and his trainers were a breeze to go through. So I head now to the cave I previously were at. When it gets dark I use flash which I taught Fate earlier for easier navigation through it.

Inside the cave I grabbed a various of items that I could found. At the end of the cave I delivered the letter to Steven and gets the Steel Wing TM as tanks. I then exited the cave with not so many problems.

I restore my pokémon at the Pokémon Center and then head over to Slateport City with Mr. Briney's boat. At the beach there are many trainers to find and battle.

Sailor Huey is the first trainer I battle on the beach. He starts off with my nemesis for the current team, a Wingull! I decided to let Destiny do the killing since he got the highest defences. I got a lucky crit on wingull with Confusion taking it down with one hit. Huey's last pokémon is a machop which gets taken down by Fate's gust.

Next up is Tuber Hailey and Sailor Edmond with Wingull and Marill. Argh that wingull will hurt my team a lot. After a couple of absorbs on marill and confusions on wingull the battle was over and done with.

Directly after Tuber Ricky challenges me to a battle. When he pulled out a zigzagoon I remembered that these things got surf on this beach so I had to switch out silent immediately. Destiny could probably take it on with confusion.

Without further delay I ran into another double battle on the beach. Tuber Lola and Tuber Chandler. They used Tentacool and Azurill. Silent couldn't stay in because of Azurill so I decided to switch in Destiny instead. Tentacool goes down with Confusions and Azurill gets down from gusts. Their second pokémon are a yet another Tentacool and Azurill. Same strategy there as just before.

After the battle I run over to the pokémon center to heal up my pokémon. I then go ahead and challenge the Seashore House on the beach.

First up is Sailor Dwayne with his Wingull, Machop and Tentacool. Because he starts out with wingull I have to switch to Destiny since Silent is first in my party. Wingull went down after a couple of confusions. Next up is Dwayne's Machop. I decided silent could try to take it own herself to gain some exp. Dwayne's last pokémon is a tentacool, I let Silent stay in but then I directly switched to Destiny for the fast win and exp. Silent learned Fury Swipes after the battle.

The second trainer in Seashore House is Beauty Johanna with her Goldeen. I switch out Silent for Fate to absorb the gold fish pokémon's health. On a side note, her golden almost took Fate down with peck since it critted. Fate barely hold on to 5 hp.

Last trainer in the house is Tuber Simon. He uses two pokémon and his first one to take out is Azurill. This time I decided to let Silent stay in since the water move it knows is bubble which isn't as strong as a S.T.A.B. water gun from a Marill. Simon's next pokémon is Marill though, so I have to switch out for Destiny or Fate. I go with Fate since she need some health from absorbing it.

As prize from defeating the trainers I get 6 Soda Pop from the man next to the soda pop machine.

I'm currently located inside Slateport's Pokémon Center and my pokémon are fully healed.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV15
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV15
    Silent the Quiet Nincada:. LV14

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Years
  • Hi, I'll take the challenge too :P
    Name: Rantis_
    Game: Ruby
    Type that I use: Bug (almost changed my mind when noticed that Cpehix has taken it already, but I wanted a good challenge)

The pokemon I'm going to catch are probably Wurmple(->Silcoon->Beautifly, not Cascoon and Dustox), two Nincadas (->Ninjask and Shedinja) and Heracross. Maybe also Volbeat. Going to take Mudkip as starter because it's good HM slave and Treecko is the easiest foe for bug pokemon.

Phye

Years
  • You dont have to catch two nincadas for Ninjask and Shedinja. Just have one space open in your party when you evolve it to Ninjask to get Shedinja as well. =D And best of luck to you! Hehe I have nightmares for Flannery =P I won't be able to get any new Bug Types before I beat her XD Won't be using Illumise or Volbeat.

Years
  • Oh, thanks, I had forgot that even though I had Shedinja once before =D I'm also little afraid of Flannery, it's gonna take long time before beating her, but Winona is other one who might be a "little" annoying with her Altaria :D Now I'm going to start the challenge so bye for the moment ;)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Team Update

Both Taillow & Wingull evolved :D

Pelipper Lv. 33

- Water gun
    - Protect
    - Wing Attack
    - Swagger

Swellow Lv. 37

- Endeavour
    - Wing Attack
    - Quick Attack
    - Double Team

- Next update coming soon

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I promise I'm still here guys. You might have remembered my last post saying something like "well, I was challenging Wattson, and thought I saved, so when I casually turned the game off and back on, all my beuatiful progress was gone" or something like that. Well, yesterday I was playing again (and doing much better), and I went downstairs to check my laptop to see what my team was, and my dad got on the computer and turned off the game. Hmph! So, take three will occur tonight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back