• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S Monotype Challenge

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    That's great. Ill trade Ledyba, Heracross and Sycther from FR to start with. How long can I use my starter for?

I normally only allow myself to use my starter before you get to Dewford Town. As soon as I reach there, I only use my starter to catch my pokemon and/or train them there (and as an HM slave). However, it says in the rules that you can use it until you get a pokemon of your type that you're going to use. Then, you can only use it as an HM slave or put it in the PC.

Transferring over is a very smart move. However, a Bug-type monotype challenge is very doable without the need for transferring pokemon over. But more power to ya. I'm doing a Bug-type challenge sometime in the future (not after my poison one, though... I plan on doing another type first...)

Anyway, I'll either edit this post with my update later or just make a new post with it. Either way, expect a big, fat, and juicy update today, as well, from me. ^.^

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    Sorry for not updating in a little while guys, I've been a little busy, and I've been a little less motivated to get this thing done. @_@

---------- Update ----------

R/S Monotype Challenge

----------------------

- Completed the New Mauville miniquest.
    - Ventured east of Mauville, meeting up with Steven again.
    - Caught my favorite HM slave: Tropius.
    - Stopped by the Berry Master's house and got a butt-ton of berries.
    - Started on my way toward the Weather Institute.
    - After some unusually rough battles (Poor luck on my side, super luck on their's), I ran Team Aqua out of the W.I.
    - Met up with May and easily defeated her team.
    - Made it to Fortree City.
    - Fixed up my team and prepared my HM slaves.
    - Moved on ahead, training just a bit before meeting up with Steven once again.
    - Went back, surfed a little, and got the Leaf Stone, which scored me an evolution of my Gloom into Vileplume.
    - Challenged the Fortree City Gym, having few problems except with the I'm-always-a-problematic-cheapshot Altaria (Supersonic FTW); I scored a victory over Winona and claimed the Feather Badge.
    - Flew back to Dewford Town, where I surfed toward the Sunken Ship, defeating trainers along the way.
    - Made it to the Sunken Ship, where, after a few battles and some maneuvering (spelling? >.<), managed to gain a very important TM: 13, Ice Beam.
    - Escaped from the ship and flew back to Fortree, where I continued onward toward Lilycove City.
    - Arrived in Lilycove City after a seemingly never-ending trek.
    - Went back and visited the Safari Zone to obtain the Solarbeam TM, which I eventually got after $1000. T_T
    - Made Omnivile a force to be reckoned with.
    - Surfed onto Mt. Pyre's shore, entering and climbing my way up, training along the way.
    - Eventually went outside Mt. Pyre, climbing the outside only to find Team Aqua atop; I defeated them and obtained the Blue Orb.
    - Trained on top of Mt. Pyre for a little while.
    - Made my way back to Lilycove, where I fought my final battle with May.

Currently: Shopping and training up for Team Aqua's base in Lilycove.

---Current Team---

R/S Monotype Challenge
    Kurabatto, Lv. 37, Female
    Jolly nature, Inner Focus @ King's Rock
    - Aerial Ace
    - Confuse Ray
    - Air Cutter
    - Bite

R/S Monotype Challenge
    Nayru, Lv. 37, Female
    Mild nature, Liquid Ooze @ Mystic Water
    - Ice Beam
    - Acid
    - Surf
    - Supersonic

R/S Monotype Challenge
    Omnivile, Lv. 37, Male
    Rash nature, Chlorophyll @ Miracle Seed
    - Sunny Day
    - Sleep Powder
    - Acid
    - Solar Beam

R/S Monotype Challenge
    Gammax, Lv. 38, Male
    Naughty nature, Sticky Hold @ Quick Claw
    - Body Slam
    - Shock Wave
    - Sludge
    - Amnesia

R/S Monotype Challenge
    Traxis, Lv. 35, Male
    Relaxed nature, Sticky Hold @ Hard Stone (No reason... for now)
    - Sludge
    - Screech
    - Minimize
    - Acid Armor

R/S Monotype Challenge
    T. Hawk, Lv. 26, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Cut
    - Fly
    - Flash
    - Strength

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Hey Rock, where do you find those sprites you put in your post? I just wanted to know for when I (eventually) do mine.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hey Rock, where do you find those sprites you put in your post? I just wanted to know for when I (eventually) do mine.

Use:

www.pe2k.*com

Up at the top of the page click sprite resource and then you can use D/P sprites [what I use] or R/S/E sprites or even sprites from FR/LG R/B/Y and G/S/C

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    Here is where I get the sprites from, the same place that symphony said, but this link is directly to the sprite source. I use the Emerald (animated) sprites. They look nice, don't they? ^.^

I'll update sometime soon, hopfully. Merry Christmas, guys! :3

Circuit

Years
    I have found the R/S ones but not animated ones. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Saphira, look under Emerald Animated sprites, not R/S sprites

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    Hmm...I was thinking about steel, but theres like what, 1 steel pokemon until near the pokemon league? I also might do ghost, Sableye, Banette, Shedinja, and is Dusclops available?

Someone give me what one i should do :(

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    First post as bug type monotype run

1. Picked girl, named Hayley.
    2. Saved Birched, picked Treeco, named him Geon (It sounds cool)
    3. Went all the way up to Brendan, have not folught him yet, I'm too tierd. Geon is on Lv 6

Might play today, so much for motivating me to finish Ruby!
    So Team is:
    R/S Monotype Challenge

Geon/Treeco Lv 6, Male
    Pound
    Leer
    -
    -

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
    Hmm...I was thinking about steel, but theres like what, 1 steel pokemon until near the pokemon league? I also might do ghost, Sableye, Banette, Shedinja, and is Dusclops available?

Someone give me what one i should do :(

Dusclops is available and I think Ghost because it is a good type.

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    I'm probably going to do psychic next (there isn't a limit on how many runs I can do, is there? I want to do them all. ^.^), but I might do Steel. It's doable: Aggron will of course be the star, along with a few others.

I dunno, though. Ground's real doable, too... @_@

Eeither way, Poison is what I'm doing now, so I must finish it! I'll edit this with a small update after Lilycove Aqua Base and make another post later with a full update. ;3

That's all depending on whether or not I get motivated to play it again. xD Come on, guys, get me motivated! ^_^

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    I'm probably going to do psychic next (there isn't a limit on how many runs I can do, is there? I want to do them all. ^.^), but I might do Steel. It's doable: Aggron will of course be the star, along with a few others.

I dunno, though. Ground's real doable, too... @_@

Eeither way, Poison is what I'm doing now, so I must finish it! I'll edit this with a small update after Lilycove Aqua Base and make another post later with a full update. ;3

That's all depending on whether or not I get motivated to play it again. xD Come on, guys, get me motivated! ^_^
    Yeah, it sounds sooooooooo fun at first, but when you're nearly half way through the game, it kind of almost gets old. :P

I think I'll do ghost, just I need to know if I can use emerald, because if i use an emulator, I'm always wanting to hit that space bar to make it go faster lol.

Ghost seems so interesting, I don't think psychic owns ghost does it? Just Gengar because of poison. Shedinja would make this a breeze for me, let's see, fighting gym it's immune to, electric gym, normal gym, psychic gym, and water gym (most of it, unless they use ice beam) so that's 5 gyms, and a regular ghost is immune to 2.

Just want some clarification though.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Can I start Psychic on Ruby? I've been busy with FR/LG Monotype, Christmas, new games, and I realllllly need to traine my flying team.

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    nvm, appearently I can't trade, my wireless thing on my gba isn't working, any tips on how to get a gastly on emerald?

Circuit

Years
    Can I start Psychic on Ruby? I've been busy with FR/LG Monotype, Christmas, new games, and I realllllly need to traine my flying team.

One at a time. Sorry.

nvm, appearently I can't trade, my wireless thing on my gba isn't working, any tips on how to get a gastly on emerald?

Are you trying to trade from diamond? You can't you know. Otherwise, no I don't know how to get a Ghastly.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

There are absolutley no Gastly on R/S/E, and you can't trade from FR/LG without completing the game first. But one way would be to have a completed FR/LG and a completed R/S/E and trade a Gastly from the completed FR/LG to the completed R/S/E and with the completed R/S/E you can trade it to your Emerald whitch you are doing the challenge in. I hope that made since, and if it did, I hope it made since///

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    Well, hey guys, I'm gonna have to take a break from my Poison Run until I get my computer fixed (which will hopefully be today). If it does get fixed today, I'll try n' play some and post an update.

However, if it isn't, then I probably won't be posting for a little while. It should get fixed today, however, if not, no more than 2-3 days.

Back