• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Racism - your thoughts about it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    well Im not a racist person but at the same time I am. I dont like certain type of people becaue they abuse of it. you cant say no to them becaeu they think that its becaue they are different in their way when it is not. for example I used to know a black guy (and I knows lots of them and I have a couple of black friends) but anywywa, he asked me if he could grab my iopd and I said no becaue I dont let anyone check it but of course he thought it was becues he was black and got mad, which of course I didnt care at all. i think that some people just abuse of things.

Years
    Racism in it's purist form is wrong, no doubt about that fact. No one man, one race, one body of people should ever claim to be above another.

While it is true a lot of what we call "racism" today are just people calling it out for any sort of situation that arises. A fight between two different races? Racial war. Skipping another race in a line? Done because of their race.

It's those types of situations in America today that are one of the leading causes that racism will never die. Stupidity. Things are done between two different races not because they're being racist or claiming superiority, it's because people are asses.

Racism will never die, don't count on it.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Look on the bright side. As racism is slowly becoming less common (although I agree it will never die) homophobia is becoming more common! Yay!

:|

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Look on the bright side. As racism is slowly becoming less common (although I agree it will never die) homophobia is becoming more common! Yay!

Homosexuals are the new African-Americans, you dig?

Actually, it seems that society is treating homophobia like it treats racism. If you're homophobic, you're Chaotic Evil.

With OOOOOONE difference...

All Christians are homophobic. Therefore, all Christians are Chaotic Evil.

Because misquoting the Bible makes your point valid.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Homosexuals are the new African-Americans, you dig?

Actually, it seems that society is treating homophobia like it treats racism. If you're homophobic, you're Chaotic Evil.

With OOOOOONE difference...

All Christians are homophobic. Therefore, all Christians are Chaotic Evil.

Because misquoting the Bible makes your point valid.

Really? I have never met someone who isn't gay that thought homophobia was evil. They just shrugged their shoulders and looked the other way.

Maybe where you live the people are better. I live in a bit of a conservative place.

Also, I wouldn't call homosexual the new Africans. There is one major difference. You can hide being gay, you can't hide your skin color.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Less common? Try the other way around over here. Seems like America is slowly turning its way to hating Indians. :x

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

It's alright, homophobia will become less and less common, and pedophobia will become more common. It's already happening. :|

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    My thoughts about it? Immature, because only children would tease classmates you had black or white skin, or if you came from Russia or China, or if your culture & tradition is different.

"Therefore, all Christians are Chaotic Evil."

Say what? Without us Christians, there would be no world order and peace. You might consider the "old" Christians who kills Muslims and witches.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Do I have to spell it out for you?

P-E-D-O-P-H-I-L-E P-H-O-B-I-A! >_<
    Actual pedophiles need to be locked up, but the hysteria about pedophilia is becoming out of control. It's to the point where completely innocent people have been locked up with longer sentences than actual rapists because disgruntled employees (for instance) planted pedophilia on their computers. That's pretty messed up.

Years
    My thoughts about it? Immature, because only children would tease classmates you had black or white skin, or if you came from Russia or China, or if your culture & tradition is different.

"Therefore, all Christians are Chaotic Evil."

Say what? Without us Christians, there would be no world order and peace.

Well there is no world order, and there is no peace, really. And those things are obtainable without being religious/claiming a denomination.

Why would people be afraid of children?

I think he meant a fear of Pedophiles? Im guessing here.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years

Well there is no world order, and there is no peace, really. And those things are obtainable without being religious/claiming a denomination.

Yes, but the fact is most good values and moral standards came from religions(excluding those are obviously evil). We are thought to be morally upright and smart at the same time, which the government hardly provides.

SIN1488

Years
    Actual pedophiles need to be locked up,

Being a pedophile is not illegal, being a child molester or rapist is. Child molester is not synonymous with pedophile, in the same way that rapist is not synonymous with heterosexual or homosexual. You can be either or both, but they are not the same thing. This whole thing gets confused a lot because there are three definitions of pedophile, one is the medical definition, another is the actual definition, and the last is society's definition (Which is the most common).

So yes, actual child molesters and rapists should be locked up, but someone who is purely pedophile should not as pedophilia is not illegal.

Years
    Being a pedophile is not illegal, being a child molester or rapist is. Child molester is not synonymous with pedophile, in the same way that rapist is not synonymous with heterosexual or homosexual. You can be either or both, but they are not the same thing. This whole thing gets confused a lot because there are three definitions of pedophile, one is the medical definition, another is the actual definition, and the last is society's definition (Which is the most common).

So yes, actual child molesters and rapists should be locked up, but someone who is purely pedophile should not as pedophilia is not illegal.

? And where do you suppose molesters/rapists get their start? Because they're pedophiles.

Spoiler:

SIN1488

Years

? And where do you suppose molesters/rapists get their start? Because they're pedophiles.

Spoiler:

As I said, there are three definitions. The actual one is "Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children." And no, not all child molesters or rapists start as pedophiles, which is why I said someone could be either or both. Not all child molesters are pedophiles, and not all pedophiles are child molesters. There are many reasons why someone could become a child molester, but it doesn't always stem from sexual attraction to children. My guess is that some do it for the opportunity, or some do it for the superiority they feel over someone smaller. I'm sure there are other reasons too.

Also, you do realize that homosexuality was also thought as a mental disorder defined by the DSM? And now it's accepted as a real sexuality. I'm not saying that it will become defined as a real sexuality, but I am saying that too much of the research has been focused on "curing" it, and not enough has been done on what "causes" it or how to live a normal lifestyle with it.

Also: "And where do you suppose molesters/rapists get their start? Because they're pedophiles."

By that logic all heterosexuals and homosexuals must become rapists, as where do rapists get their start? But we know this isn't true, so you can see where I'm going.....

Last edited:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Really? I have never met someone who isn't gay that thought homophobia was evil. They just shrugged their shoulders and looked the other way.

Maybe where you live the people are better. I live in a bit of a conservative place.

Also, I wouldn't call homosexual the new Africans. There is one major difference. You can hide being gay, you can't hide your skin color.
    Ehh, I live in the Bible Belt, so I live in a Conservative place too, but...

Reading the newspapers and just stuff on the Internet, it seems that Christians (Catholics, in particular) are getting slammed for being "homophobic."

Back