• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ragnarok Rising (OOC and Recruitment Thread, Rated PG-13)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Well, after my first attempt at an RP kinda failed on me, I decided to try again, with a more controllable plot and not that many people to worry about! This one will be better.

Plot:

Lately, the Pokemon world has been in shambles. Heat waves and Tidal Waves running rampant on the continents from Kanto to Isshu, Pokemon, wild and tamed have been acting feral with no provocation, and the increased number of Legendary Pokemon shows that something very wrong is preparing to happen.

Lately, sightings of a strange, cloaked man have appeared at the most random of areas, depicting him in a major metropolitan area, to a completely deserted area. Regardless of this, the pokemon around him seem to grow extremely dangerous and feral. Whoever this person is, nothing good can come of him.

It would seem the world has been thrown into chaos and anarchy, and no one knows the reason why. The very fate of the world seems to linger on the shoulders of these 5 Pokemon trainers, with no connections to one another. Can they put aside any differences, befriend one another and save the world?

…Arceus can only hope.

RULES:

1. PLEASE, and I cannot stress this enough, NO GODMODDING. No dodging EVERY SINGLE ATTACK sent at you, no guaranteed hits, no controlling other characters. I cannot stress that enough, it's a massive pet peeve for me.
    2. No excessive swearing, I want everyone involved to be as comfortable with this as possible.
    3. No flaming, no trolling, no spamming.
    4. Try to make your post at least a paragraph in length.

Setting

The setting will likely be all over the map over every continent if I play this out right. But right now, let's make the starting place Isshu, more specifically…Castelia City. You can be from other cities and other Continents of course, but let's make Castelia City the meeting point.

RATING

There will likely be some violence and some swearing, so how about we play it safe and call it PG-13? Skies the limit after all

Character Application

Name: Self Explanatory.
    Appearance: Anything out of the norm for your character?
    Personality: What make your character unique? Does he act a certain way?
    History: Try to give them a history, something unique that can show what your characters been through.
    Strengths: What are their stronger parts…
    Weakness: And what's weak about them?
    Aspirations: Once more, Self Explanatory
    Pokemon Team: Let's keep it at three for now. You'll be able to capture more, and maybe at some point be able to capture a legendary. For now…you can have one be fully evolved, but all 3 have to be AT LEAST under LV 50.

Pokemon Specs:

Species:
    Nickname: If any.
    Moveset:
    Personality: Give em something creative, don't have them be all robotic!
    History: Totally optional, if they have a history with the player.

For example, my character(s)

Name: Alexander Treehalt.
    Appearance: He's average height, usually clocked at 5'10, last he checked. Always wears a hoodie and jeans, regardless of what weather it may be. His eyes are green, covered by a pair of glasses, and has a head of relatively long, brown hair.
    Personality: It seems Alexander has 2 sides to him in terms of personality. One side has him as a very, VERY laid back kind of person, who doesn't seem to take many things seriously and thinks a productive day is laying under the tree with his pokemon. On the other side, he can grow very serious and compotent if his Pokemon, or other friends, happens to be in immediate danger.
    History: Alexander has been over shadowed by his older brother, Stephen, who is a successful Pokemon Trainer in his little, Podunk town in the middle of Johto. As a result, he's had quite a lot of preassure to be a carbon copy of his brother by his Mother and Father. He never really saw much point in hating his brother, jealous or not. No, he decided to live his own life once his Pokemon journey began, not to have his mother and fathers idealist lifestyle forced on him. So far…eh, not that bad. Fate has a funny way of working, though.
    Strengths: He has a deep, deep connection with his pokemon, and as a result can connect with them on a deeper level than most, thus helping him with Wild Pokemon as well.
    Weakness: Because of his rather "laid back" attitude, he can't take anything seriously half the time, putting him in very serious danger.
    Aspiration: "I just wanna live my own life, dude."
    Pokemon Team: Infernape, Litwick and Growlithe

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Infernape
    Nickname: None
    Moveset: Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Close Combat
    Personality: He's almost word for word the same as Alexander. Sometimes he's lazy and laid back, the other he's dangerous and willing to kick some ass. Hell, he and Alexander could be twins if it weren't for the whole being different species thing.
    History: As a Chimchar, he was around Alexander almost all the time, even before being officially caught by him. So, technically, he was indeed not only Alexanders first Pokemon, but first friend.
    LV: 46

Species: Litwick
    Moveset: Confuse Ray, Fire Spin
    Personality: Litwick is the shyest of Alexander's Pokemon. Almost all the time it's hiding behind Alexander, whom it sees as its father and doesn't socialize with many people it's just met.
    history: Alexander found Litwicks egg in an old haunted mansion he was staying in during a rather intense storm. As a result, he was Alexander's youngest Pokemon.
    Level: 20

Species: Growlithe
    Moveset: Ember, Flame Wheel
    Personality: The most hyperactive member of Alexander's team, always bouncing around, yapping excitedly and wanting to battle. As a result, does not like Alexander's lazy tendencies.
    History: None really, Alexander was just wandering through the woods when Growlithe decided he looked good to annoy, and followed him OUT of the woods a full day later, never losing his stride, never losing his energy. Alexander decided to catch him and bring him along regardless.
    Level: 20.

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • I'd like to reserve a place, please.
    I was enjoying the MD one, but that kind backflipped onto it's face. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    I know, and I figured the problem: WAAAY too many people. When one too many people fall out, the entire thing drops. Perhaps it would be easier if there were less people, and not so much Cluster****y goodness.

Glaceon13239

Rest in Peace
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Can i reserve a spot this is the first RP i'm ever signing up for

Glaceon13239

Rest in Peace
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Name: Haruko Suzuki

Appearance: Haruko has dark tan colored skin and unusually bright lavender colored eyes. She's 5'7 and is always dressed in a flowy aqua colored sun dress and brown boots. Her hair is long going down to the middle of her back and is always up in a ponytail it's slightly wavy and is colored a light Ebony Black.

Personality: Haruko is as sweet and innocent as anyone can be though she always speaks her mind she's kind to everyone even people she doesn't know and can't turn a blind eye to people in need. Haruko won't give up and doesn't take well to teasing her and is a very emotionally sensitive person.

History: Haruko had a tough life growing up in Castelia City in the Isshu Region. Always a victim of constant teasing because of her odd name Haruko's only friends were her Pokemon. Now at this stage in her life Haruko wants nothing more than to succeed in her journey to save the world and prove to the people who think she's nothing that they are wrong.

Strengths: Haruko is very good at forming plans and keeping people from rushing into bad situations.

Weakness: She's emotionally sensitive and if she's in danger she freezes.

Aspirations: prove to the kids who think she's nothing that she can succeed.

Pokemon Team:
    Glaceon, Kumasyun, Vanipeti

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Glaceon lvl 45
    Nickname: Jewel
    Moveset:
    Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Bite, Quick Attack
    Personality: Jewel is fiercely protective over Haruko and all of those she cares about. If someone hurts a person or pokemon Jewel cares about they are in for a ruthless beating.

Species: Kumasyun lvl 34
    Nickname: Jade
    Moveset:
    Hail, Blizzard, rest, flail
    Personality: Jade is the most timid of Haruko's Pokemon. She'd rather sit on the side lines and watch a battle than participate in it herself. She's very skittish and can be easily scared by the simplest things.

Species: Vanipeti lvl 40
    Nickname: Jet
    Moveset:
    Blizzard, Mirror Coat, Hail, Ice Beam
    Personality: Jet is the most rash of Haruko's Pokemon. He doesn't hesitate to rush forward into a situation which can get him into trouble with Jewel a lot. He's though in a battle and aspires to never give up always trying his hardest.

First ever SU hope this is good.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    ^^ Accepted! Welcome! However, I would ask you put at least a LV to each Pokemon. HIstory is optional though.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Name: Kobora King
    Appearence: Kobora wears many cloaks with a flame design, and white around it. The color of the flames varies depending on which cloak he's wearing. He has green eyes, and short white hair. He's 5'4, and wears blue and black boots with a blue fire design on them. He also carries around two swords.
    Personality: Around almost everybody, Kobora is shy. People always get the wrong idea about Kobora since he apparently has "those curel, green eyes". With no human friends, Kobora only had his pokemon. He's really shy around people he doesn't trust.
    History: When he was young...Kobora was always alone. All the kids who knew Kobora either feared him or made fun of him since his father used to be a dragon master...until he died. Kobora lived with his older sister, and his brother in Blackthorn City...up until one night. During a stormy night, Kobora's "family" mysteriously vanished. Enraged, Kobora went out, attacking everybody in his way up until he met an injured Larvitar. Kobora took care of the Larvitar, and it soon became part of Kobora's team. After that, Kobora set out to find his brother, meeting all different kinds of pokemon, and catching Vapor and Saber. Kobora headed to Unova, more specifically, Castelia City due to a letter he got. He had no idea why he got it, so he went to the location that the letter said.
    Strengths: Kobora and his team can use "special attacks" that are combinations of their a couple of their moves or abilities to create a powerful attack.
    Weakness: Although Kobora has good strategy in battles with pokemon, he'll usually rush into something with his swords. The downside...he rushes in, leaving himself defenseless.
    Aspirations: Kobora only wants to find his brother. That's all he wants.
    Pokemon Team: Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Swellow

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Tyranitar
    Nickname: Tyrant
    Moveset: Surf, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Ice Beam
    Personality: Tyrant is the leader of Kobora's team in terms of strength. Tyrant never likes being in his poke ball, and he's always ready for a battle.
    History: Tyrant was Kobora's very first pokemon when he was found in Blackthorn City by Kobora. Since then, Kobora and Tyrant were best friends. They battled their way through all obstacles that stood in their way.
    Level: 49

Species: Vaporeon
    Nickname: Vapor
    Moveset: Muddy Water, Surf, Ice Beam, Return
    Personality: Vapor doesn't like battling, unlike Tyrant. Although, when Vapor has no choice, he'll go all out on his opponents with a variety of attacks.
    Level: 39

Species: Swellow
    Nickname: Saber
    Moveset: Fly, Aerial Ace, Toxic, Giga Impact
    Personality: Saber is the "cool guy" of Kobora's team. He tries acting cool in and out of battle to impress people and pokemon in almost every case with his coolness.
    Level: 34

Last edited:
    Years
  • You made another one! :3 haha.
    The other one was good. Just the fact that it had too many disappearing people.

Name: Angelique Layer
    Nickname: Alice

Appearance: She has impossibly cold red eyes, often in a glare with long, wavy silver hair. Having never eaten much, she has a thin face, a pointed chin and high cheekbones. Likewise, she has a lean body build, with an average height.
    She wears a tight black dress, with 3/4 sleeves, slits on both sides to allow better movement, and edged with silver. A silver dragon is embroided on the back, the symbol of her family's crest. She has black, thigh length shorts underneath, also lined with silver. She also wears silver gloves, and has a belt for her Poke balls.

Personality: Alice is one cool character, with a level head and fights for what she believes in. Her friends describe her as aloof, sometimes sadistic and she dislikes large crowds and gatherings. Though generally mistrustful, she's loyal to those she cares about. Her nickname is based on the first letters of her first and last name, as well as that her friends like to say she's just like ice.

History: Angelique was born in Blackthorn city, from a long line of Dragon type trainers. As a cousin of Clair and sister to Lance, whom both went along to do well, her grandfather, the blackthorn elder, had high expectations for her. She was granted her own Pokemon alongside her cousins, at a younger age than other trainers. A long time ago, her grandfather had been an exceptionally strong dragon tamer, with incredibly strong Pokemon. She spent her entire childhood within the walls of the Dragon's den, her grandfather at her side, constantly watching.
    In the Blackthorn family, there are bound to be many rivals vying for the place of head dragon tamer. In a tournament within the family, Alice lost brutally to another relative. Her grandfather was disappointed, and moved on to training the winner. Wrought with fury at being cast aside, she trained harder and challenged the other to a battle, but lost again. Humiliated and ridiculed by the family, she packed up and left home.
    With no where to go, Angelique got on a ferry to Sinnoh, which then got hijacked by Team Rocket members. By then, she had resolved to begin her life anew and knocked out the Rockets, quickly, cleaning. She left only a mass of amazed passengers in her wake. She then proceeded to spend several years in Sinnoh, training, battling, forgeting. Despite her dis-interest, her reputation as an amazing battler got round and she was invited to the Sinnoh battle frontier by the tower tycoon. When a tidal wave suddenly appeared on the coast of the fight area, she was forced to help trainers escape as most of the island was swamped over with water.

Strengths: Logically impressive. A natural in offense-style battling.
    Weakness: Ignores her feelings and emotions, doesn't understand nor care about other people.
    Aspirations: "I can only be...the best. Nothing more, Nothing less."

Pokemon Team: Empoleon Lv43, Shelgon Lv47, Hoiiga Lv 39

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Empoleon
    Nickname: Empress
    Moveset: Steel wing, Ice beam, Mist, Agility
    Personality: Empress is arrogant and prideful, like most of her species, but is incredibly loyal to her trainer, taking offense at insults aimed towards Alice, even if Alice herself doesn't particularly care.

Species: Shelgon
    Nickname: Darjeeling
    Moveset: Dragon Claw, Iron Defense, Dragon Dance, Rock Slide.
    Personality: Darjeeling is calm and serious, just like his trainer. He's pretty mellow though, and because he's her first Pokemon, he's the strongest in her team.

Species: Hoiiga
    Nickname: Cyren
    Moveset: Hard-roller, Protect, Poison Jab, Earthquake.
    Personality: Fiesty and curious, Cyren is Alice's most active Pokemon, often out of her Poke ball and rolling around. Most of the time, she's the first on the team out because of her impatience.

Question. Do Pokemon that can surf naturally know how to? and likewise with Flying Pokemon?

Last edited:

wonderstruck

hi i'm awesome.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Aaahhh, sorry it took so long! But here it is in all of its rambly glory, finally. |D I hope my reservation held my spot till I got this on? :o

Name: Naida (NAY-duh) "Nai" Evans (either Naida or Nai is fine)
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

Strengths:
    Spoiler:

Weakness:
    Spoiler:

Aspirations:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Team: Caramel (Furret), Kaleidoscope (Kingdra), Domino (Roselia)

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Furret

Nickname: Caramel
    Moveset:
    Slash, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch
    Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

LV: 41

Species: Kingdra ♀
    Nickname:
    Kaleidoscope (Leida [LIE-duh] in some cases)
    Moveset:
    Surf, Smokescreen, Draco Meteor, Agility
    Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

LV: 40

Species: Roselia ♀
    Nickname:
    Domino
    Moveset: Petal Dance, Magical Leaf, Toxic Spikes, Sludge Bomb
    Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

LV: 40

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Name: Kalen Animus.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:

Spoiler:

Strengths: Kalen is very good at swordfighting, and has complete and utter confidence in battles.
    Weakness: Kalen does not have much brute strength, and his confidence can lead to loss.
    Aspirations: Kalen aspires to find out who the Mysterious Figure is, why and how he can appear in places including building tops, and why he appeared to him before the whole world noticed him.
    Pokemon Team: Herdier, Oshawott.

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Herdier. LV 19
    Nickname: None.
    Moveset:
    Takedown, Bite, Tackle, Odor sleuth.
    Personality: Very playful, wanting to have fun and enjoy battles.
    History: A pet from Unova, once kidnapped by Team Magma, due to being rare in Hoenn.

Species: Oshawott. LV 18
    Nickname: None.
    Moveset:
    Razor shell, water gun, focus energy, tackle.
    Personality: Determined to become strong, and frequently swordfights with Kalen, attempting to better him.
    History: Given as an egg by a friend in Unova.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! And don't worry Wind, the reservation sticks until you tell me you don't want anymore.

Queen, good to have you back on the RP! Your gal is accepted, welcome! ^^

Wonder, BRILLIANT Sign up you have there! Accepted! Welcome. ^^

And with Wonders SU, and while we wait for Winds (Don't worry, you have time) the Sign up is now

CLOSED.

3 Guys to 3 Guys, I like it.

And wind is accepted! Now we can get this ball rollin!

Last edited:

wonderstruck

hi i'm awesome.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Awesomesauce! (: Just so you know, this'll be the first official RP in which I've actually participated, so sorry in advance for any screw-ups on my part. :x

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Ahhh, I'm sure you'll do fine, no worries. ^^ I sent in the RP to the RP thingy, so once it gets accepted/is up, I think the first post we can each do is at least our characters and their Pokemon arriving in Castelia City, or what they're doing in the City...ya know, character establishment and what have you.

Back