• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raikou, Entei and Suicune are now live in Pokemon GO

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08...-2-legendary-pokemon-raikou-entei-and-suicune
    Niantic and The Pokemon Company have announced that Legendary Pokemon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are coming to Pokemon Go starting today.

Each of the three will appear in raid battles in one region at a time. From today until September 30, Raikou will appear in gyms in the Americas, Entei will appear in gyms in Europe and Africa, and Suicane will be in gyms in the Asia-Pacific region. On September 30, the Pokemon will swap locations for a month, and then swap one more time to their last remaining region on October 31, making the full set eventually available worldwide.

From the looks of things, we'll be getting Entei to start off with before they rotate to another location. What do you think of this now that the legendary gerbils beasts have now made their way into GO?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Using your thread for linking to the article.

Whole month per legendary is way better than before.

There's more info about Exclusive Raids in the article too.. For instance, they're called EX Raids now!
    While these Legendary Pokémon are traveling the world, we'll also begin an EX Raid Battle (formerly Exclusive Raid Battle) field-testing phase at select Gyms before the feature is made available globally. We have collected some valuable early feedback on the new EX Raid Battle feature and will look to further test and hone the experience through the feedback of the dedicated global Trainer community. During the field test, we'll be making periodic adjustments to EX Raid eligibility requirements, frequency, times, locations, and durations with the goal of making the EX Raid Battle feature engaging, rewarding, and most importantly, fun for Trainers who regularly participate in Raid Battles.

The first EX Raid Passes will be sent out soon, and those invited will have an opportunity to try out the new system as early as September 6. Stay tuned for more updates as we launch the EX Raid Battle field test to more Gyms in the weeks ahead. We look forward to reading all your constructive feedback on our social media channels and encourage you to continue share your thoughts throughout the EX Raid Battle field test!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I've yet to see a single report for any of these so far. It's possible they're live in Japan and Australia and such but definitely not here where it's still the 31st, haha.
    They've just been officially announced as live and sighted around the world (with active raids). Article updated with the confirmation!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    It's too bad golden raspberries are 100% useless...

Golden Raspberries increase your catch rate by a factor of 2.5 , so they more than double the amount of legendarys you will catch.

So starting with 3% base catch rate, curveball gets you up 70% to around 5%, and the golden raspberry boosts it to 12.5%, now add a great throw or excellent throw or something and you are getting there. My numbers are not precise but very close, you can look up the precise numbers. With 8-12 premier balls it really adds up and you will catch the MAJORITY of your legendary raid pokemon.

One guy in our group did 18 Entei raids and caught 15. With your attitude and not even trying to do what you can to improve your catch rate, you will never experience this, you will be the one catching 5 out of 18.

The real problem with golden raspberries is that the rate at which you get them has decreased significantly, so they are now so rare that you can only use them for the best legendarys.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
    Golden Raspberries increase your catch rate by a factor of 2.5 , so they more than double the amount of legendarys you will catch.

So starting with 3% base catch rate, curveball gets you up 70% to around 5%, and the golden raspberry boosts it to 12.5%, now add a great throw or excellent throw or something and you are getting there. My numbers are not precise but very close, you can look up the precise numbers. With 8-12 premier balls it really adds up and you will catch the MAJORITY of your legendary raid pokemon.

One guy in our group did 18 Entei raids and caught 15. With your attitude and not even trying to do what you can to improve your catch rate, you will never experience this, you will be the one catching 5 out of 18.

The real problem with golden raspberries is that the rate at which you get them has decreased significantly, so they are now so rare that you can only use them for the best legendarys.

I had better luck with regular raspberries

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I'm kinda tired of running everywhere and trying to sync 10+ people for a small chance of catching it. I really only want to complete my Pokédex so I push myself to do it. But I'm getting burned out of this mechanic already :(

Back