• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Raikou

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    I'm in just below the city with the burned tower, training my pokemon after I beat that gym leader, and what do you know? Raikuo shows up. So I'm freaking out, my lv. 15 nidoran must of crapped him self. So knowing that they run. I decided, what the heck. I trow my only quick ball I got from Kurt for free. On the first time I catch him. I'm soooo happy now.
    So, this happen to anyone else? Also, I sudgest trowing quick balls at them if you find them unprepared like I did.

OceanBluue

Water Pokemon Lover
    Years
  • ROFL!
    i bet you had to clean up your nidoran's pants at least twice after that!

lucky ... i havent seen any of the dogs yet, but i have chased down suicune once in Cianwood.

im totally drawing a blank but can you buy quick balls or do you have to make them with an apricorn?

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    ROFL!
    i bet you had to clean up your nidoran's pants at least twice after that!

lucky ... i havent seen any of the dogs yet, but i have chased down suicune once in Cianwood.

im totally drawing a blank but can you buy quick balls or do you have to make them with an apricorn?
    Make 'em. But Kurt gave me a quick ball sample for free after slowpoke well. I'm sticking Raikuo in my walker to rub it in my freinds face ^-^

Avenue

Firestarter
    Years
  • I've encountered both raikou/entei while my pokes were underleveld. It didn't occur to me to throw a quickball though x___x. Good stuff thar.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Similar thing happened to me in Japan's version - not that early but still with pre-level-30 Pokemon in my team, heh.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I know a guy who has Raikou and Entei and he's only at the.. 2nd or 3rd gym or so.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    That is genius!!! I have just been trying to slowly cut back their HP and then hopefully try to catch them when there Hp is low yellow or red. I will try to fast ball thing.

Anyone else have this problem? I was able to track both Entei and Raikou on my map, but then all of a sudden they don't show up anymore. I haven't fainted or caught either of them. They just disappeared...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    You mean a fast ball?? A quick ball is something else but they both have the same effect.

Actually they are slightly different. Fast balls work better on pokemon more likely to flee from battle. Quick balls work best when used early in a battle. Also, quick balls can be bought in pretty much any kanto pokemart.

Years
  • Immediately after I released the dogs from the Burned Tower, I went out west to train, and the first step I took into the grass was a Raikou.
    I tried a Fast Ball, but it didn't work; what a surprise -_-.

SIMILARLY, when I started my game, the first step I took into grass was a shiny Pidgey. I was angry, because I couldn't capture it =X

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • My way of getting Raikou was cheap I think. I traded a Masterball just in case I ran into a shiny through my journey, and when I went west of Burned Tower,I ran into Raikou!
    My poor Croconaw must of been really freaked out

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • That is genius!!! I have just been trying to slowly cut back their HP and then hopefully try to catch them when there Hp is low yellow or red. I will try to fast ball thing.

Anyone else have this problem? I was able to track both Entei and Raikou on my map, but then all of a sudden they don't show up anymore. I haven't fainted or caught either of them. They just disappeared...

Check your own face, when they're in the same area as you, their faces will be behind your face :D

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I've seen Raikou three times, no Entei though.

I'm kinda disappointed, I think this Raikou might have a -Speed nature considering my level 30-ish Misdreavus outsped it? Still, I've just been hitting it with some random attacks every time I see it, so when it's low enough, I know a Quick Ball will pwn it ;)

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I've seen Raikou three times, no Entei though.

I'm kinda disappointed, I think this Raikou might have a -Speed nature considering my level 30-ish Misdreavus outsped it? Still, I've just been hitting it with some random attacks every time I see it, so when it's low enough, I know a Quick Ball will pwn it ;)
    It's just a new feature to the game. I guess they wanted it to make it easier for us, so no matter what, you can attack first in battle against Raikou or Entei. It doesn't necessarily mean it has low speed.

But if you do end up capturing it and you plan on EV training it and it doesn't have the nature you want, you can always make it faint and once you defeat the Elite Four, it will return to battle you again.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I found Raikou by accident and then tracked both Entei and Raikou down; they're now both roaming, around 5HP, and paralyzed. I just need to fast ball'em.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • I've ran into Entei a lot. Brought his health down to like 5 HP. I can't catch him with Quick Balls or Dusk Balls. :( (I play mostly in the evenings.)

I've only ran into Raikou a couple of times, and every time he flees before I can do any damage.

Right now, whenever I try to hunt one of them down (mostly Entei) he moves before I get to him. :/ Gets really annoying.

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • Uwah, lucky you!
    I've seen him twice, but not had my gengar sorted out to the point where I can trap the darned cat.
    He's my favourite of the three aswell! D:!!!
    Now I need to go pester Kurt for some balls (ones that arn't INERT) and catch him. : <<<

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • I'm in just below the city with the burned tower, training my pokemon after I beat that gym leader, and what do you know? Raikuo shows up. So I'm freaking out, my lv. 15 nidoran must of crapped him self. So knowing that they run. I decided, what the heck. I trow my only quick ball I got from Kurt for free. On the first time I catch him. I'm soooo happy now.
    So, this happen to anyone else? Also, I sudgest trowing quick balls at them if you find them unprepared like I did.

Yes, when I encountered Raikou too... While surfing! ._.

I was on my way to Mahogany town that time.

I had only 1 quick ball, so I went "what the heck" then threw it.

Then when the ball was shaking, my eyes were slowly becoming huge. Then the ball turned grey. Click! ._.

I was like "wtf."

Years
  • I saw both Raikou and Entei when surfing, just has this mental image of them doing a doggy paddle in the lake or w/e.

Tried thowing a ball at Entei but no avail, when I ran into Raikou I just paralysed it and let it flee, should make the job easier later on down the line. I'll might borrow my mean look haunter from Platinum.

Back