• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rank Pokémon Ranger from worst to best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Hi guys, i want to hear your opinion about the best Pokémon Ranger game.
    Rank them from worst to best!

The games
    - Pokémon Ranger
    - Shadows of Almia
    - Guardian Signs

My ranking
    SoA > GS > PR

Last edited:

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • Hi guys, i want to hear your opinion about the best Pokémon Ranger game.
    Rank them from worst to best!

The games
    - Pokémon Ranger
    - Shadows of Almia
    - Guardian Signs
    - Gates to Infinity

My ranking
    SoA > GS > PR > GtI

Isn't Gates to Infinity a Mystery Dungeon game and not a Ranger game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Gates To Infinity? Gates To Infinity is apart of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series. Well anyways:

Pokemon Ranger
    Guardian Signs
    Shadow Of Almia

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'm not really a fan of the Pokemon Ranger series, I love the concept and the games are actually quite fun at times but I find that the dialogue can go on for quite a while and it can get boring quickly when this happens. That being said I like that in the latest installments that Pokemon can be taken out of their habitat unlike the original.

1. Shadow of Almia - I liked the choice of starter Pokemon and the fact we could switch them at any time.
    2. Guardian Signs - A bit slow for my liking, but the storyline is decent and the guardian sign feature is quite fun
    3. Pokemon Ranger - Slow storylines and dialogue, not being able to take Pokemon out of their habitat is annoying, however it is easily the most difficult of the three imo.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Okay, here goes~!

1. Ranger: I haven't played this game in years, and I barely remember the story so maybe the game is equal to GS. I didn't really like how the capturing worked in this gen, because that was a little too ridiculous, especially when up against fast Pokemon. I ended up completing my Dex, however, so many younger me was used to it xD
    2. Guardian Signs: being able to fly over the region was so awesome, and being able to ride on legendaries was equally so. I just didn't like how they sacrificed a lot of the gameplay for the multiplayer feature and didn't really connect it to the game. I didn't really like the multiplayer that much either. I also wish the region was a little bigger, and our partner wasn't so weird (Ukelele Pichu? Really?)
    3. Shadows of Almia: I've replayed this game almost 3 times. I think the story is the strongest out of the three, plus, you are given the most freedom in your partner choice and that was awesome.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • From worst to best, huh...?

Original Ranger - The capturing mechanics was bad... seriously, combo capture was crazy, I still remember getting combo break 1 or 2 turns before capturing Charizard, Gyarados and Dragonite in Dragon Temple.

Guardian Signs - I have nothing bad to say about this. But... Almia is Almia.

Shadows of Almia - It could have something to do with the bad experience with original Ranger but this one still stays as my favorite. HUGE selection of partners, school setting, something like career mode (you develop slowly with the character). And the story was surely the best of all Rangers.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Worst to best

pokemon ranger: it was more difficult but the capture combo thing would make me mad. I did really enjoy the competitions though and liked how it tied into shadows of almia in some ways.

Guardian Signs: I haven't played this one in a long time. I remember enjoying it though and the legendary sign caling was cool.

Shadows of Almia: My first ds game ever. I played through this at least ten times through the years (no exaggeration) The dialogue did drag on sometimes but that is my only complaint.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    The first Pokemon Ranger - I did like this game, but it's my least favourite of the Ranger games. It was fun having to draw a certain amount of circles around a Pokemon, but I disliked that the counter would reset if you stopped. This made fast Pokemon like Flygon very annoying to deal with. I also didn't like that you couldn't take your Pokemon out of the area where you caught them. But Charizard was the most tedious thing I had to face in this game. I eventually gave up on this game after trying so much to beat it.

Shadows of Almia - This one dealt with my nitpicks about the first Pokemon Ranger. I also loved the story, the music, Team Dim Sun, and the big partner variety. Aside from that, I was surprised by Kincaid revealing himself as a villain, but it was wonderfully done.

Guardian Signs - This is my favourite Pokemon Ranger game. My favourite aspect was the new Poke Assist system; Your Pokemon could actually attack the Pokemon, and stay with you until it got attacked in battle, performed its Field Move in the overworld, or if you dismissed it. I also loved how you could actually fly around the region. Other things I loved are the storyline, the music, and more... In fact, I can barely name anything I didn't like about this game!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back