• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rarest Catches Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc_rcw

:God:
Years
  • dragon_master C said:
    so if i save my game in front of groudon and keep restarting, i coud get a shiny groudon? and if i get a shiny ditto, and mate it with a normal pokemon, will it be a shiny egg too?

you always have a small chance of getting a siny in an egg:),I think you sould post more in the simple questions thread not here.

ryo567

~Creator of TAP comic~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2006
    i must be luck cause i got a shiny zizagoon right after getting my first pokeballs!

dragon_master C

the master of all dragons!
    Years
  • wow well i was playing my emerald without my gameshark and ran into a shiny abra, but it looked exactly like a regular one. i caught it & evolved it but still looks regular. once i beat the elite 4 i'm gonna trade it to my FR and see what happens.

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
    Years
  • My SHiny wobboffet in the safari zone. (In ruby.) I was startled, since it was so unexpected.

dragon_master C

the master of all dragons!
    Years
  • AJUST said:
    My SHiny wobboffet in the safari zone. (In ruby.) I was startled, since it was so unexpected.
    yeah wobboffet is a cool shiny. it's purple like shiny maccargo. i got two shiny bagons. one is a salemance and the other will stay shelgon it's cool cause it's green! :bandit: oh and i got ablue psyduck too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Re:

Hey,
    I know this is about the rarest pokemon you caught well i will tell you mine and also ask a question not pertaining to the rarest pokemon but your trainer cards. Okay the rarest pokemon i caught and believe me it took a long time to do was catching a chansey on leaf green with the safarie zone. I probably misspelt safarie. I mean for the fact leaf green and fire red you only can capture it in the saffire zone. The question though is how do u take pictures of your pokemon. I have leaf green, fire red, sapphire, ruby, emearld, silver of gba ones so how would you take pictures on the ones you can can you do it on emerald and how do u do it on leaf green and fire red.
    Brandon

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Rarest thing I ever caught was a Shiny Zubat in Silver.... Of course it freaked me out. Iwas worried about it becoming un-shiney(I had no clue what a shiney was) I was afraid withdrwaing it, battling with it, walking with it, etc would unshinify it. No I'm not an idiot.

Cloud Strife

The One Winged Angel
    Years
  • I would have to say the tyranitar on colosseum(My pokemon where low lvls but i still caught tyranitar in a ultra ball just befor it fainted).

pichu11

Big brother is watching you.
    Years
  • my dummbest thing i ever did was run from the batttle with kyrogre. my best catch was a latios with a pokeball

Years
  • My rarest catch is a Rayquaza with an ultra ball. I was hoping for a shiny, but no such luck. :\

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2005
    The rarest catch...hmm
    That would be catching lugia.....with a lure ball...with full hp.
    Unfortunatley that game has been corrupted (Pkmn Gold). :(

Years
  • Um...

Normally, you can't catch Mew without abusing a glitch, code, or hack...
    Same applies with Celebi and Jirachi...

As far as I'm concerned, catching Pok?mon that aren't supposed to be catchable mean nothing to me.

Well, being the crazy trainer I am, every Pok?mon game I own (which is all) have Pok?mon that are only in Pok?balls. (with the exceptions of the Safari Zones and the like) I've caught all legendaries in all of the games with Pok?balls and only standard Pok?balls. It took me many hours and persuading myself not to toss my GBA at a wall.

Those aren't my proudest moments. Mine was catching a shiny Whismur in Emerald. That was the fourth time I've every encountered a shiny Pok?mon (the first three times don't count since I didn't walk around trying to look for them.) Found a shiny Spinarak in Crystal, but couldn't catch it because I didn't have any Pok?balls! I ended up running away from it, hoping to catch it someday again. I never saw it again. I cried all night...

I was quite gleeful when I officially caught my first shiny. (and yes, in a Pok?ball!)
    badams83 said:
    Hey,
    I know this is about the rarest pokemon you caught well i will tell you mine and also ask a question not pertaining to the rarest pokemon but your trainer cards. Okay the rarest pokemon i caught and believe me it took a long time to do was catching a chansey on leaf green with the safarie zone. I probably misspelt safarie. I mean for the fact leaf green and fire red you only can capture it in the saffire zone. The question though is how do u take pictures of your pokemon. I have leaf green, fire red, sapphire, ruby, emearld, silver of gba ones so how would you take pictures on the ones you can can you do it on emerald and how do u do it on leaf green and fire red.
    Brandon
    To take pictures of Pok?mon on your trainer card in FireRed and LeafGreen, go to Celedon's Rocket Gaming Corner. Once you enter, go immediately to your right (the extreme lower-right corner) and you'll see a machine there. It'll give you the option to put your party's picture in different ways, such as a black outline or a standard picture. This takes Pok?dollars, not Coins, so you should have plenty of money by then to pick the one that's right for you.

You can't do it in Ruby or Saphire. Sorry.

Years
  • CharMz said:
    Well I would say any legendary I caught..I always use pokeballs on em and press a weird button sequence that usually gets me to easily catch em..I actually saved my master ball on Latias in Emerald because I caught Rayquaza with a pokeball.. ^_^(So very happy)
    What was the button sequence? I knew one for blue/red/yellow but that was just pressing "B" when the ball opened and holding it for two shakes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back