• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RATE MY OU COMPETITIVE TEAM

Years
  • Hello. Today I am going to post my competitive OU team here on POKéCOMMUNITY. Please could you rate and suggest any improvements necessary. Thanks in advance.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt (edit)

This POKéMON's purpose is to set up Stealth Rock on the first turn and then pummel any opposition until it dies. You can also switch it, if you believe it too be a valuable asset to your team at the time. It can deal with many legendarys, such as Giratina-O etc. This is my lead POKéMON.
    ---
    Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb (edit)
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Baton Pass (edit)

Jolteon is the speedy, multicoverage team member. He is meant to deal with Pokemon that knock out Aerodactyl, Charizard etc. As well as Thunderbolt being a STAB move it can pack a massive hole into the opposing lineup dealing massive damage to all. Yawn is there for a move defensive role. Make your opponent drowsy and then force the switch.
    ---
    Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sniper
    EVs: 252 Atk/232 Spd/24 HP (edit)
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Yawn
    - Outrage

Kingdra is... well there for dealing with dragons such as Salamence and Garchomp. After a Dragon Dance or two it can outspeed them with ease unless it has been EV trained in speed. It can also take down many other POKéMON with Waterfall and Yawn is there, again for defence.
    ---
    Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Crunch
    - Close Combat

OK, after thinking about it a lot I have decided to change Weavile for Lucario. Not a big fan of Lucario, but it reduces my weaknesses to rock attacks and the Stealth Rock hazard. The idea is to use Swords Dance first, and then fire away with powerful attacks. Not a big fan of Close Combat because of its minor drawbacks, the reduction of stats. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks again.
    ---
    Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Aqua Tail (edit)
    - Pursuit (edit)

Tyranitar, for another revenge killer, Crunch to take down ghosts, Stone Edge for many flying types such as Ho-Oh and Lugia, Aqua Tail for fires and for power. Pursuit takes the final slot to punish switch ins with damage further increased my the choice band if the selected move was used prior to the switch.
    ---
    Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Dragon Dance
    - Aqua Tail

OK, Charizard was in the final slot but Dark_Azelf suggested Gyarados so here it is. Charizard didn't really serve much purpose anyways. Of the bat use Dragon Dance then use a move to deal damage to the opponent. If however the opponent switches forget Dragon Dance and switch to counter the opponents POKéMON... Seems to work a lot better. Moveset may need work. (edit)
    ---

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

Stops things setting up on you.

It can deal with many legendarys, such as Giratina-O etc.

Giratina-O is uber and thus banned.

---
    Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Baton Pass

To frail for Yawn, use Baton Pass for scouting.
    ---
    Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk/232 Spd/24 HP
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Yawn
    - Outrage

You have no special attacks.

---
    Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
    - Night Slash
    - Ice Shard
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break

---
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake / Aqua Tail
    - Pursuit

Choice Band locks you in, thus a stat up move on a choice user is lol. Use Pursuit for punishing switches.

---
    Charizard (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 220 HP/252 Atk/38 Def
    - Belly Drum
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Rest

Find something better. Zard is awful, really.

---

Comments in bold.

Yeah in that last slot get something that is a good fighting resist, something like Gyarados would work. It also covers your Scizor weak too.

Change this up then ill come back to point out more weaks.

braminoid

The bird is the word.
    Years
  • Hello. Today I am going to post my competitive OU team here on POKéCOMMUNITY. Please could you rate and suggest any improvements necessary. Thanks in advance.

- Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt - stops other stealth rock leads from setting up.

This POKéMON's purpose is to set up Stealth Rock on the first turn and then pummel any opposition until it dies. You can also switch it, if you believe it too be a valuable asset to your team at the time. It can deal with many legendarys, such as Giratina-O etc. This is my lead POKéMON.
    ---
    Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Shadow Ball
    -

Jolteon is the speedy, multicoverage team member. He is meant to deal with Pokemon that knock out Aerodactyl, Charizard etc. As well as Thunderbolt being a STAB move it can pack a massive hole into the opposing lineup dealing massive damage to all. Yawn is there for a move defensive role. Make your opponent drowsy and then force the switch.
    ---
    Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk/232 Spd/24 SAtk
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Draco Meteor / Hydro Pump - If you're going to put special attack ev's on it aleast put a
    special move on it.
    - Outrage

Kingdra is... well there for dealing with dragons such as Salamence and Garchomp. After a Dragon Dance or two it can outspeed them with ease unless it has been EV trained in speed. It can also take down many other POKéMON with Waterfall and Yawn is there, again for defence.
    ---
    Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
    - Night Slash
    - Ice Shard
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break

Weavile is Kingdra's revenge killer. After Kingdra faints send out Weavile and attack with Ice Shards since it has priority 1. Ice Punch is there for a more powerful ice attack if needed. Brick Break for dealing with Tyranitar as well as opposing Weaviles. Night Slash takes the first spot to face ghosts such as Gengar, and Dusknoir.
    ---
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang - It's Choice Banded so it doesn't need Dragon Dance.

Tyranitar, for another revenge killer, Crunch to take down ghosts, Stone Edge for many flying types such as Ho-Oh and Lugia, Earthquake for fire types and for major power. Dragon Dance fills the final place to make Tyranitar stronger and faster. Rock Polish could have been used but I decided against it.
    ---
    Charizard (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 220 Spd/252 Atk/38 Def
    - Belly Drum
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute - Get a Salac boost so you can actually outspeed stuff , otherwise useless.

Charizard takes the final slot as a multitype smasher. The idea is to use Belly Drum of the bat and then pummel with Earthquakes and Fire Punches until in need of health. Then use Rest and recover all status problems as well as fully restoring health. The Chesto Berry's sole purpose is to wake Charizard up for Rest, or any other sleep inducing attack such as Spore or Sleep Powder.
    ---
    My Changes are in bold , =). Hope it helps.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    This team is very weak to Rock and Stealth Rock, suggests you this Pokémon to the place of Weavile:

RATE MY OU COMPETITIVE TEAM

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Close Combat
    - Crunch

Detox

I could see you having a few problems with a CurseLax, so I do recomend putting in either a Lucario or Machamp over Weavile.

Years
  • Thanks everyone for the comments. Not a great fan of Lucario, but I will try it out and see. Curselax is a problem so a fighting type would be useful. Really don't favour Machamp so yea. Thanks anyway Syndrome for taking time suggesting improvements on the team. I am considering Lucario to try it out anyway.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Well. Not an expert on OU but this team looks pretty good. Your team is quite weak to Stealth Rock and Rock attacks so I suggest something that will reduce these weaknesses. Other than that good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Aqua Tail (edit)
    - Pursuit (edit)

Ok, Sandstorm is not helping Gyarados or any other members of your team, except Aerodactyl, who is only seen Late Game.

Im suggesting CBGross in this slot, to atleast give you a half decent rock resist.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 HP / 232 Atk / 12 Def / 12 Spe

Earthquake
    Meteor Mash
    TPunch / Pursuit / Ice Punch
    Bullet Punch / Explosion

Outruns other Meta, so you can KO with Earthquake. Rest is standard
    Seeing as Duggy is UU you wont be seeing him much, so Im not too sure about 12 Def, though I guess it is always nice.

Back