• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my UU team for comp

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Well. It certainly has been a while. Anyway, this is another one of my UU teams. Some my critise me about using the team. But hey, I like UU. Please rate and comment on the team.

The Team Overview:

Rate my UU team for comp
    Rate my UU team for comp
    Rate my UU team for comp
    Rate my UU team for comp
    Rate my UU team for comp
    Rate my UU team for comp

The Team In Detail:

Rate my UU team for comp

Torterra @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 212 HP / 44 Spe / 252 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Wood Hammer
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock

A defensive lead Torterra. EQ does a good amount of damage even without attack evs. Wood Hammer adds variation and Leech Seed gives me a recovering move. Stealth Rock is useful, but considering Protect to replace it.

Rate my UU team for comp

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs:
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Psychic
    - Slack Off

Will test this out next battle. Seems pretty good too me. LOL, it totally schools Slowking!

Rate my UU team for comp

Houndoom @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

Again, common special sweeper. Nasty Plot is used on a switch. Flamethrower gains STAB and so does Dark Pulse. HP is for coverage against Pokemon that are immune to Fire and Dark moves.

Rate my UU team for comp

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Tail
    - Toxic

Rhyperior has one of the highest attacks in the game. Stone Edge can deal with Skarm with 2 hits, EQ is pretty much impossible to ignore with 100 base power. Aqua Tail is more of a coverage move that can deal with Tyranitar or any other ground, rock or fire type. Toxic to inflict damaget and force switches.

Rate my UU team for comp

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Sucker Punch
    - Drill Peck
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Well. Honchkrow has the access to the most powerful priorty move in the game. Drill Peck and Pursuit get STAB and Superpower is almost the best attack for Honchkrow. Might need to change this up a bit. What do you think?

Rate my UU team for comp

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs:
    252 HP / 40 SpAtk / 216 SpDef
    - Thunderwave
    - Encore
    - Wish
    - Flamethrower

A Pokemon Dark_Azelf suggested. Will test it out and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Very slow Team and therefore he could suffer from the Choice Scarfer adversaries, and you are weak to the coverage Water + Elettric.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Very slow Team and therefore he could suffer from the Choice Scarfer adversaries, and you are weak to the coverage Water + Elettric.

Rhyperior and Slowking resists these types >.>

for the team, I dont think CBKrow is really great, low speed, and Sucker Punch can be fail if your opponent switches or decided not to attack.

you can use this set of Krow, like what Loeb said your team is pretty slow, so why dont you add Krow as your revenge killer =p ?

Honchkrow@Choice Scarf
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Super Luck
    EVs : 248 Atk / 48 SpA / 212 Spe
    -Night Slash
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Heat Wave

HG/SS gave this thing Brave Bird as its powerful STAB, the set seems like mixed, but its nice so you can use Heat Wave against these annoying steels that cannot be dispatched easily by Superpower. Sucker Punch is not there because its already fast and Night Slash with Super Luck is good to have a very nice Critical hits.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wow, you have a massive SD/DD Feraligatr weak, CM Slowbro >> Slowking. This also helps with your Donphan weakness who can nail everyone with either STAB EQ coming from 372 att and Ice Shards and helps with your fighting type weak too because CB fighters OWN Slowking.

LO is better than CB on Krow, too many things can set up on it depending on whats its locked into it. Pursuit >> Night Slash to stop things Krow counters coming back in, also via removing Chansey with Pursuit it can open up a Slowbro/Houndoom sweep.

Gardevoir is doing nothing for this team truth be told, add in a less Pursuit bait more useful pokemon over it, something which beats Raikou would be of benefit as HP Ice CM Kou 6-0's you with ease as Rhyperior is unable to take boosted hits. You are also very Sub/T-Bolt/HP Grass/Flamethrower @ Petaya Manectric weak so yeah. Im thinking an Encore Clefable would work there and you dont lose Wish either Encore also gives your sweepers a free switch in. S-Toss or a Special Attack (Ice Beam or Flamethrower)/Encore/T-Wave and then either Softboiled or Wish with max hp and ALOT of Sp.Def. I think would work well, also as a bomus it beats sub Roost Moltres and Articuno (actually both in general) which are general problems to slow teams. ^^

I really dont like CB Rhyperior because what ever move its locked into gives alot of things time to set up and his low speed makes it very easy to revenge kill, i honestly prefer Sub + 3 Attacks or Toxic >> Megahorn Rhyperior, but that is up to you.

Torterra
    Encore Clefable
    NP Houndoom
    LO Krow
    CM Slowbro
    CB or Sub Rhyperior

I hope you try these changes and good luck with the team.

Last edited:

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Thanks for all the help guys. Wow, didn't notice so many weaks. Anyway, will change them up as soon as possible. I have to go to college now so will change up soon.

Rhyperior and Slowking resists these types >.>

for the team, I dont think CBKrow is really great, low speed, and Sucker Punch can be fail if your opponent switches or decided not to attack.

you can use this set of Krow, like what Loeb said your team is pretty slow, so why dont you add Krow as your revenge killer =p ?

Honchkrow@Choice Scarf
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Super Luck
    EVs : 248 Atk / 48 SpA / 212 Spe
    -Night Slash
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Heat Wave

HG/SS gave this thing Brave Bird as its powerful STAB, the set seems like mixed, but its nice so you can use Heat Wave against these annoying steels that cannot be dispatched easily by Superpower. Sucker Punch is not there because its already fast and Night Slash with Super Luck is good to have a very nice Critical hits.

Well, thanks dude. But the problem is that its for Platinum. Egh... can't stand Japanese text when I want to know the plot really well. I also can't stand those translated game patches. I will wait 'till HG/SS is released in the UK. But thanks anyway.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Don't use Psychic on Clefable. He suggested Flamethrower or Ice Beam. Psychic is terrible on anything it doesn't get STAB on.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Bad ev spread for Clefable, it needs all the S.Def it can get, use 252 HP / 40 s.att / 216 sp.def @ calm.

Back