• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rawr! It's a Lucario/Riolu Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Hey! Activity and a new member! =o

When you first saw Lucario, what type did you think it was?
    I was hoping for Dark, actually. But I do like the Steel-typing, though it's weak to Fire then. Don't know what to make of the Fighting-half, since that makes it weak to a popular type. Ugh. D: But I did originally hope for Lucario to be a Dark-type Pokemon. It just looked that way. (Especially since it looks like Anubis, the Egyptian god of taking-souls-out-of-bodies.)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I first saw it when I watched the movie I think... I had expected it to at least be a fighting type definitely, but unsure at the time if it would have another type combination. Steel works reasonably well with it, but does hold Lucario back in its ability to deal with flying and fire type moves. Oh and the general EQ that's around the corner =(

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Fighting and Dark. I didn't really think about it being an other type other than those two, so I was suprised to find out it was steel. However when i first evolved a Riolu, boy was I impressed and really actually was glad it *wasn't* a dark type.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
    Hmmm... I don't know what I thought at the time. I think I may have seen the name and type combination before actually seeing a picture of Lucario, so my mind was already tainted at the time.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I think it was a Fighting type only. But now it says Lucario is a Fighting/Steel type.

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years
    I thought it would be something like Dark/Psychic or Dark/Fighting... or Psychic/Fighting.
    Dark... because it looks that way to me.
    Psychic... well the description said it was a 'wave guiding' pokemon and it controls 'aura'...so...
    Fighting... it freaking looked like a ninja to me. >_>

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    I thought it would be something like Fighting or Psychic. But they're making a lot of Pokemon that don't look like their type. Weavile doesn't look like Ice, and Lucario doesn't look like Steel.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I love lucario especially in the mystery of mew movie. Can I Join?
    Sure you can join, Buizel. Welcome! Rivvon will add you in the list soon.
    Next topic:
    What will be Lucario's favourite opponent to battle?

~Rene~ :t025:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Welcome to the club, our three new members! How wonderful, new people.

I honestly never really thought about Lucario's type before it was announced. I'm sure it crossed my mind, and I probably discussed it with my friend, but back then I really didn't like Lucario that much D; It didn't matter to me much. I guess I might have thought Lucario was a psychic/dark type. I remember the ads for the Lucario movie being so dark and mysterious, it would be hard to focus on such a light and lively Pokemon.

I will post my answer for ~Rene~'s topic later, can't think of a good answer right now :B

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Mine likes to pick fights against my Infernape. So I figure that they like sparing with one another to increase their strength. But my Pokemon are bizarre little critters.

So I guess that Lucario would just like to battle whatever opponent crosses their path to increase their strength.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I am not sure. Maybe it will be a fighting type. And they can battle each other.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    In answer to ~Rene~'s topic, I think Lucario's favorite opponent to battle would be a fighting -type of his (or higher) level. Although he does seem to be the type to pick a fight with just about anyone xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    Lurario rules. I have one and pwn anything with it.

Soo... May I join, please? *hugz Rioli the Lucario*

Another Lucario.
    I throught that he was Figthing/Psychic. Would be pretty unique. I dont think steel fits him.

Meh

I'm back and a lot wiser.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Can I join? I have several lucarios, called Ninja, Shogun, Assailant, and some other names.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Sure you can join. Welcome, new members. Rivvon will add you guys in the list soon.
    Lucario picture:
    Rawr!  It's a Lucario/Riolu Club!

Credits to Pokemon Nightmare

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Something of the Fighting Type and speedy too. Like Infernape.

I just remembered I have some images of Lucario since I have the movie. xD

Rawr!  It's a Lucario/Riolu Club!

Same scene as Rene's pic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back