• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rayquaza or Mewtwo?

Rayquaza or Mewtwo?

• Rayquaza

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
Years
  • If Rayquaza and Mewtwo had a fight who would win?

I say Rayquaza would win cuz its part Dragon and it can fly.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well in my opinion I believe that Rayquaza would win. Not because of the obvious reasons you stated, but because Mewtwo's strength is all derived from Special Attack but his Speed is average. Rayquaza has high Attack and Speed, making his moves almost always come first. This also allows him to use a broader range of moves that would be "Strong" where Mewtwo could only use Psychic moves. Also take into consideration that statistically speaking Dragon is the best type in it's many strengths and very few weaknesses. It only has 2 types that can strongly effect it. So in the end I agree with you.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
  • I say Mewtwo. Just compare the intelligence. Look how in Destiny Deoxys Rayquaza just kept throwing himself at that barrier while Mewtwo could pretend to be human in his Movie 1 armor. Mewtwo would outsmart Rayquaza.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • If you're talking in a Pokemon battle, then I don't know, but based on Pokemon lore, storyline and the show/movies, then Mewtwo hands that noob Rayquaza it's ass any day of the year. LOL who the hell is Rayquaza, some huge green dragon wannabe, versus a badass psychic monster that can rip apart Rayquaza in 10 seconds?

MEWTWO!! MEWTWOOOO ALL TEH WAY!!!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Hmm... something that can control the weather, versus a clone of the creator of life.

I'd say Mewtwo. Rayquaza would give it trouble, but Mewtwo would win.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    In an actual Pokemon battle, Rayquaza would win for the reasons others have outlined.

But Mewtwo is way, way, way cooler than Rayquaza. =P

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Using the move in each of their movepools that works best against the other...

Mewtwo's 154 base Sp.Atk and 130 base Spd + Ice Beam's 95 base power + Rayquaza's base 90 Sp.Def + 4x weakness >>> Rayquaza's 150 base Atk and 90 base Spd + Crunch's 80 base power + Mewtwo's 90 base Def. + 2x weakness

It'd be a slaughter. >_>

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Well in my opinion I believe that Rayquaza would win. Not because of the obvious reasons you stated, but because Mewtwo's strength is all derived from Special Attack but his Speed is average. Rayquaza has high Attack and Speed, making his moves almost always come first. This also allows him to use a broader range of moves that would be "Strong" where Mewtwo could only use Psychic moves. Also take into consideration that statistically speaking Dragon is the best type in it's many strengths and very few weaknesses. It only has 2 types that can strongly effect it. So in the end I agree with you.

Uh, actually, you might want to actually check before saying stuff. Mewtwo's speed is way higher than Rayquaza's. AND it gets Ice Beam.

Mewtwo has a 130 base speed and even higher Sp. Att. Combine that with a 4x effective move and you have a very obvious winner.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I completely agree with Erin. Despite the long discussion I gave earlier I DO think Mewtwo is much cooler. Mewtwo had a much more interesting design then Rayquaza, but in my opinion Rayquaza would win.

Not only does Mewto have a more interesting design, but I personally feel that the character itself has a more interesting backstory in the first movie. I personally preferred the older generation's storylines. Better writers, imo.

Uh, actually, you might want to actually check before saying stuff. Mewtwo's speed is way higher than Rayquaza's. AND it gets Ice Beam.

You're right... totally forgot about ice beam =P

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Design, Backstory, Game Stats, Movesets, Personality- Mewtwo beats out Rayquaza in every single aspect.

As far as Lore goes, I'd say the only ones on par would be Mew and Arceus.

Back