• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Re-creating Old Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
  • Okay, I read that this was discussed in an interview with someone from GF (not clued up sorry XD) and basically it got me thinking, as we know that its been pretty much confirmed that old pokemon wont get any evolutions or prevos. I'm sure you like myself have thought. - "Wth? Mamanbo not a Luvdisc evo?" "Buffalon not a Tauros evo?" ANYWAY; then it dawned on me, Isshu is a far away location, would it be possible that is gamefreak are, "re-creating" old pokemon and relating them? as forein pokemon? So they wont be linked by evolution, but could still be somehow related? It's confusing I know... But it could be possible?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ok, basically Gen V is going around cloning old Pokemon.

Emonga = Another Cloned Pikachu
    Buffalon = Cloned Tauros
    Minezumi = Another Rattata Clone
    Choroneko = Cloned Meowth/Skitty/Glameow
    Munna = Cloned Drowzee
    Mamepato = Another Cloned Pidgey
    Koromori = Cloned Zubat
    Mamanbou = Cloned Luvdisc
    Kurumiru = Cloned Caterpie
    Tabunne = Cloned Chansey
    Monmen = Cloned Hoppip
    Dangoro = Cloned Geodude
    Yooterii = Cloned Growlithe/Poochyena/Houndour
    Zorua = Cloned Togepi/Riolu (Do not quote. Personal Opinion)

Really they just seem to be randomly taking a few previous ones that were OK to underused (possibly) and made Gen V versions to them. It was confirmed that there are absolutely no Pre Gen V Pokemon and the Gen V Pokedex has 156. The total amount of Pokemon that was being made. So yes there is a very high chance no new Evos.

Once again the Gen V Pokedex was confirmed to have 156 places in it. It was on one of the updates that released info on the legends. It was confirmed that there were 156 new Pokemon being made for Pokemon Black and White. It seems pretty plain to me that there will be no Evolutions or Pre evolutions in this Gen.

So ya, I posted this in two other threads. Quoting myself FTW

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Okay, I read that this was discussed in an interview with someone from GF (not clued up sorry XD) and basically it got me thinking, as we know that its been pretty much confirmed that old pokemon wont get any evolutions or prevos. I'm sure you like myself have thought. - "Wth? Mamanbo not a Luvdisc evo?" "Buffalon not a Tauros evo?" ANYWAY; then it dawned on me, Isshu is a far away location, would it be possible that is gamefreak are, "re-creating" old pokemon and relating them? as forein pokemon? So they wont be linked by evolution, but could still be somehow related? It's confusing I know... But it could be possible?

I think they are creating old Pokemon.

Buffalon is a good example of this. He looks like's Tauros but he's well not related.

F.Y.I Buffalon can't evolve from Tauros One is a Bull one is a buffalo.

Same with Mamambou, One's a heart with a face. Other is an angel fish I think.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I think they are creating old Pokemon.

Buffalon is a good example of this. He looks like's Tauros but he's well not related.

F.Y.I Buffalon can't evolve from Tauros One is a Bull one is a buffalo.

Same with Mamambou, One's a heart with a face. Other is an angel fish I think.

Luvdisc is a Discus, and that logic doesn't work in Pokemon.

I think it's a very interesting idea. You could look at it like our earth, there were the original animals on Pangea, but when the continents split they evolved into new species. Is that what Pokemon's doing? I think it would be a brilliant idea.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Yeah, like, real life animals have different species, let's make pokémon have different species too! And make them a little alike.

I have to say that I agree with this. I'd rather have them recreating pokémon, than ruining old ones by creating stupid evolutions...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Where's the Miltank of this region?

I think it'll have an afro too.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Yeah, like, real life animals have different species, let's make pokémon have different species too! And make them a little alike.

I have to say that I agree with this. I'd rather have them recreating pokémon, than ruining old ones by creating stupid evolutions...

I totally agree with all of that!!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • So ya, I posted this in two other threads. Quoting myself FTW
    Well for the Rattata each reason had one. Like Johto was Sentret, Sinnoh was Bidoof, and Hoenn was Zigzagoon. And the birds were Starly, Pidgey, Tailow, Spearow, Hoothoot, and now taht new pigeon Pokemon. And I guess you can call Pachirisu the "clone" of Pikachu in Sinnoh. Oh and the bugs were Kriketot, Wurmple, Weedle, & Caterpie. =3

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • I still maintain that's got lost in translation. It just doesnt make any logical sense for them to not have any evolutions.

Listen, there are plenty of Pokemon that don't have evolutions. If they wanted every Pokemon to have one, they wouldn't have made any Pokemon that didn't evolve.

And like Ollie said, this is a far away region. It's not just a hop skip and a jump away.

Olliee

Years
  • Listen, there are plenty of Pokemon that don't have evolutions. If they wanted every Pokemon to have one, they wouldn't have made any Pokemon that didn't evolve.

And like Ollie said, this is a far away region. It's not just a hop skip and a jump away.

Mhm. It's like based on a whole new country. Different countries have different things.
    Hmm.. let me think of an example..
    Chickens. I doubt you'll find a chicken at the north pole. Okay I know that was abit farfetch'd (pun) but you get what I mean?

Fruit is another example, In Florida, you'll get the most amazing Oranges ever, in England, I don't think you can even grow oranges. XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    This is why I love Pokemon instead of making a brand new evolution that may be extremely ugly they just recreate it I LOVE IT

Olliee

Years
  • OOOOH
    Better example;

Kangeroos, Koala bears. NATIVE to Australia.

Isshu Pokemon NATIVE to Isshu ;)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Emonga = Another Cloned Pikachu
    Buffalon = Cloned Tauros
    Minezumi = Another Rattata Clone
    Choroneko = Cloned Meowth/Skitty/Glameow
    Munna = Cloned Drowzee
    Mamepato = Another Cloned Pidgey
    Koromori = Cloned Zubat
    Kurumiru = Cloned Caterpie
    Tabunne = Cloned Chansey
    Monmen = Cloned Hoppip
    Dangoro = Cloned Geodude
    Yooterii = Cloned Growlithe/Poochyena/Houndour
    Choroneko = it's a cat so it's a clone? how in the hell does that make sense?
    Munna = Cloned Drowzee
    Mamepato = This regions early-on-flying-type
    Koromori = Cloned Zubat
    Kurumiru = Cloned Weedle
    Tabunne = Cloned Chansey
    Monmen = Cloned Hoppip
    Dangoro = it's a rock so it's a clone?
    Yooterii = it's a puppy so it's a clone?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • It makes perfect sense considering the region is a far away place.

Only if you assume that the geography of the Pokémon world is akin to the real world, in which case you would get similar animals with mere differences in behaviour and appearance.

This is a game, and hence I do not believe it makes logical sense for them to ignore the previous 493 Pokémon in a bit to start afresh. It doesn't make business sense, never mind gameplay sense.

People are really hung up on the fact that its a far away place like it should the be all and end all of Pokémon featured within the game. Hence why I maintain that this has gotten lost in translation and I expect it to be similar to how the Pokédex was set up in Sinnoh originally.

Listen, there are plenty of Pokemon that don't have evolutions. If they wanted every Pokemon to have one, they wouldn't have made any Pokemon that didn't evolve.

Thats not the point though is it? There's just no reason for them to neglect the older Pokémon so, and just pass it off as because the new region is "far away". That's one of the things I'm not liking about this generation; the fact that they seem to be ignoring everything that has gone before in an attempt to win new audiences, as if they're ashamed of their past. Plus, your argument that if they wanted every Pokémon to evolve they would've given them evolutions is a moot point as well; you are forgetting that this is a franchise and a business we're talking about here; they're going to leave gaps and holes so that they have something to fall back on in future. Hence the reason why older Pokémon were given evolutions in subsequent generations in the first place, which brings us neatly full circle unto the original argument.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Isn't Isshu still in Japan but just based on New York?

I'm not sure of it, but I've seen somewhere that Isshu is a real-life japanese region, much like Kanto and so on and that it is based on New York, not actually placed there...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Ok then, this is how I see them:

Janobi - Grovyle
    Chaobuu- Primeape
    Futachimaru - Floatzel
    Yoteri - Growlithe (you can even tell, it has the exact same color schemes)
    Choroneko - Glameow
    Munna - Spoink (I always thought it looked like a piggy bank)
    Mamepato - Pidgey
    Mamanbou - Luvdisc
    Koromori - Zubat
    Kurumiru - Weedle
    Zoroark - Lucario
    Chiramii - Pichu (seriously, just look at their official artwork)
    Emonga - Pachirisu
    Monmen - Hoppip
    Buffalon - Tauros
    Wargle - Fearow
    Basurao - Carvannah
    Kibago - Larvitar
    Ononokusu - Garchomp
    Zekrom - Palkia

I think it's obvious to say that they are running out of ideas.....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back