• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reading in the Car

Can you read in the car?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Ok, this might seem kinda pointless, but me and my friends were talking about it earlier today. They can't read or do work in the car for long periods of time, or else they feel sick. Personally, I can read for hours on end in the car, and it dosn't bother me in the least. So can you read/do work in the car?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • lately, I've been the one driving the car, but before I drove I could easily read for about thirty minutes, then I'd feel throw-uppy

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I prefer drawing over reading. I could probably draw all day and never get bored, lol. @_@; But, if I had to read something... I could stand reading a magazine, as long as it's about something that I'm interested in. Books with long chapters and no pictures usually tend to bore me. I love looking at pictures, lol. I've never gotten carsick before, I just get tired of sitting somewhere for a long period of time.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I've never had a problem reading, playing GBA, anything in the car...I think I only ever get carsick when I'm already sick before I'm driven somewhere. I rarely ever go on trips long enough to where I could ever get some quality reading in, but the couple of times I've brought a book with me I've been fine.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • the only reason people feel sick when theyt read in the car is because in the corner of their eye they see their surroundings pass them, and that makes people queezy

If you put your hand up to your eye and make it so you can't see to the sides then you won't feel sick...

BOO ya!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I thought it was the fact that your body is telling you that you're moving, yet your mind, concentrating on the reading material, is telling your body that it's "all fine." These conflicts make you feel sick. @_@ Or something like that. *can't remember*

I've only gotten carsick once... and even then, nothing bad really happened... I just felt like throwing up for a few minutes. x.o; I can normally do anything in a car, though. ^_^; It's hard to play cards, though. <_<

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Oh jeez, everytime I tried reading in the car as a kid, I'd feel so nauseated after a few minutes. I think it's because your head is down and all the blood rushes to it while you're jerking around in the car--going over bumps and whatnot. It's one of the most awful feelings...blech...O_o

Seoul

diiirr!
    Years
  • some days I can.. some days I cant. It also depends on the vehicle. Although I do not get motion sick, once sitting in the back of a small car, I got veery nauseous. It felt revolting. ><.. it was probably a combination of small car and speedy driver and back seat and poopey food before leaving and some heat..
    I typically dont read, but as of late, I have begun to read, and even doodle, on the bus.
    If I pause, I can sometimes randomly notice i may feel almost kinda ill.. so in that case, i pinch a nerve I heard that can block the feeling of nausea. I dont know if it works, but the idea of 'knowing' some remmedy for it is enough i suppose.. mind ove matter type thing...

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Yeah! I Can Read Read in the car! I Can even play my GBA SP, play TCG, Draw... <_<;;
    I just dont know why my eye havent jumped from my face yet XD

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • I think it makes some people dizzy...messes up their semi-circular canals and all that. Myself, I can read, play cards, play GB(A), even sleep for a long time if I have something to lean against.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I only recall falling asleep twice in a car. Once as a kid, I even had a half-dream, and last year when my wisdom teeth were taken out. I don't handle being put under too well.... I was all, like, walking drunkedly and nauceous and kept drifting back to sleep. And I barfed! Nothing like having the taste of vomit and blood from your gaping holes in your mouth :D

But normally on long trips I just kind of lay there with me glasses and shoes off and listent o that constant engine on those never ending highways.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
  • i dont read so i wouldnt know

but for those who do get sick while reading there ganna have a hard time reading ROAD signd :P

lil' jose

what ball do you like?
    Years
  • I think the reason some people feel sick in the car when they read is because they look out the window occaisionally then they get kinda sick. Well I don't do all the things that I just described or else I couldn't read in the car. BUt thats how it works for me at least

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
  • yeah well i stick with my theory of if you cant read in the car you cant read road signs whitch means you might crash :P

but thats kinda a stupid theory :P

Back