• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reading in the Car

Can you read in the car?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
  • Road signs are different because you just take a quick glance at those. You don't have your head down trying to concentrate on a page of little words, you look, say "Oh a white square, it's a speed limit sign", then go your merry way.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Yes I read in the car...but I never felt like throwing up.
    It only happens when my stomache feels hot and wierd. :P

But try going from New York to Florida non-stop at a rate of 50 miles per hour. XD
    It's not pretty at all. :P

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Pokemaster10000 said:
    Yes I read in the car...but I never felt like throwing up.
    It only happens when my stomache feels hot and wierd. :P

But try going from New York to Florida non-stop at a rate of 50 miles per hour. XD
    It's not pretty at all. :P
    I went from California to Florida, and I've had my car sick times. I was occupied playing my newly bought gameboy though, so it wasn't so bad hehe.... I feel bad for my sister!

Eh, sometimes I get woosy, and sometimes I don't. For some reason, when it's a magazine, it's not so bad, but when it's a full fledged book, I have better chances of getting sick.

But yes, when I get a book I really want to read from Barnes and Noble or something, I read anyway hehe...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    100marios said:
    I went from California to Florida, and I've had my car sick times. I was occupied playing my newly bought gameboy though, so it wasn't so bad hehe.... I feel bad for my sister!
    Eh, sometimes I get woosy, and sometimes I don't. For some reason, when it's a magazine, it's not so bad, but when it's a full fledged book, I have better chances of getting sick.
    But yes, when I get a book I really want to read from Barnes and Noble or something, I read anyway hehe...

California to Florida? How fast was the car going?
    I doubt I could've survived anything like that....even with my gamboy. :P
    Try opening the windows. It helps......a little. XD
    What I do most is read on the subway. But sometimes it's so many people are standing up that they block the light. :P

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Pokemaster10000 said:
    California to Florida? How fast was the car going?
    I doubt I could've survived anything like that....even with my gamboy. :P
    Try opening the windows. It helps......a little. XD
    What I do most is read on the subway. But sometimes it's so many people are standing up that they block the light. :P
    *tips a cowboy hat over his eyes and spits at an empty can*
    What can I say? I'm a toughie hehe...
    I don't really know how fast the car was going. I was only 6 at the time. Speaking of car, the air conditioning in one of our cars broke. It was so hot inside, when my mom, my little sister and I were driving back home from going somehere, my little sister almost fainted. She turned really pale, it almost looked like she was going to collapse.... but, she's okay! We stopped at Burger King for a rest, and we got home just fine.

Anyway, I've never been on a subway, but from what I've seen of it, I'm not sure I really want too hehe...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I've been on one before, on a GT trip when I was in public school. It was one of those new Light Rail underground trains or something, in Dallas. They are so neat! It's wierd when you're on them, though; you're going so fast and everything.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • I can read in the car just fine. Sometimes if I don't feel well I get dizzy or if it's really hot and sunny out. But usually I'm fine when I read, watch a DVD, play GBA, pr whatever else in the car...

Subways? I have been on mulitple subways before. When I go on vecation somewhere of course. We don't have any here... there's no need. Not all subway systems are bad though. The ones in Montreal were pretty nice from what I remember. And the ones down in DC I think were nice too. I don't really remember which places I went to that I rode the subway...

SSJ4 Metallica

Crown Royal
    Years
  • I wouldn't know if I'd barf or not because I've never read a book in a vehicle, nor will I plan on doing so in the future (I'll be either playng some kind of portable gaming system or sleeping (even though I'm the one who's usually supposed to give out the directions).

I use to barf everytime I'd play my Game Boy, but I've trained myself to get used to the extremity.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • i can read...but after a while i cant concentrate..to many distraction...like the sound of ppl passing you or ppl talking in the car...or someone fliping the pages of a magazine to hard and loud....

Back