• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Life Pokemon: Great Idea or Nightmare?

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
Years
  • As our world is now, I think it would be...difficult. Dunno, I'd say training allowed with 14 or so...You could say everyone has to do a test to get the licence. This would be the test to prove if one's ready, right?

Like a Driving-licence at a lower age and for Pokémon instead :)
    Anyways, who needs cars? Use Teleport :P

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    ah how many times have i thought about this topic.

HELL YES! how cool would it be to own, travel, work with, and battle with creatures that we all kno and love...i think it would be sic if u ask me

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • If this did happen....A lot of people and Pokemon would probably try to take over the world. Tanks would be melted apart by Magmortar, Charizard, and Infernape. Togekisses would brutly attack our Air Force, and the Navy? Gyarados, Milotic, and Swampert would destroy them. I imagine a lot of Pokemon would be needed in the Army, Air Force, the Navy, and the Coast Guard to block any attacks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I see what you're saying. 10 year olds running around with pokemon may not be such an ideal fantasy as you'd expect. I'm pretty sure everyone, not just kids would abuse their powers.
    And for children that age running around the great outdoors will come adults to abuse the children.

People like me would be out shooting Pokemon, like how deer are culled as part of conservation efforts. The Pokemon world in reality may well remain similar to our present world as is since there'd be a lot of health and safety concerns, a bloody lot...

Last edited:
    Years
  • why does everyone think that pokemon will like kill everyone? arnt they nice, tame creatures? i mean. ya, people may abuse them, but if the pokemon population is balanced, then everyone who has one can stop them. i believe that as long as there is more good than evuil, it would be perfect. and come one, you do not see wild pokemon terrozing everyone every anime episoide do ya?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    why does everyone think that pokemon will like kill everyone? arnt they nice, tame creatures? i mean. ya, people may abuse them, but if the pokemon population is balanced, then everyone who has one can stop them. i believe that as long as there is more good than evuil, it would be perfect. and come one, you do not see wild pokemon terrozing everyone every anime episoide do ya?
    Every professor at the start of every version says going into the grass is dangerous. That says it for most people, I'd imagine.
    Also the anime is a more childish depiction than the games, which is probably why nothing goes for Ash out of the blue.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Not in platinum they arent. Rowan thought it a bad idea to give the little creatures to 2 idiot kids(my words) the mother flips out on you saying imagine how bad it would have been if you went out in the wild without a pokemon. I just couldnt stand the sight of that. So remember all the other games have the pokemon a wee bit vicious in them but in platinum they are freaking rabies carrying maulers.
    Anyway I would like it but only if you got say a pokemon from a young age so it can be loyal to you. Unlike the games i wouldnt want to just walk into the grass and say oh lolz a mighyena lets go catch it i would be all s**t get me the shotgun. So yeah i would think if real world animals were replaced by animals which can control the elements i wouldnt feel all to safe. Unless of course i had a chibi partner from the start.That is a ralts only so i can get some gardevoir but secks

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Not only would people use them to their advantage. There would no doubt be a group called Pokemon Rights Activists, that would constantly try to make the case that it's cruel and unusual to battle pokemon. I guess whether I'd agree with battling them or not would depend on if the battling would be more like the battling they do on tv where they don't really get hurt, or if it would get to the point of life threatening wounds. It would be very complicated if pokemon were real.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • It would be okay, but it would have to be so strictly regulated that it could take some of the fun out of it - kids with dragons breathing fire and stuff could get a bit risky, but I'd love it!

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I would love it, I always think about it, and sure, there would be some downsides, but I'd have a Hoppip!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I guess whether I'd agree with battling them or not would depend on if the battling would be more like the battling they do on tv where they don't really get hurt, or if it would get to the point of life threatening wounds. It would be very complicated if pokemon were real.
    In one episode, Giovanni hooks Ash up to a device that makes him feel the pain his Pokemon do as they're battling.
    Honestly, I'm surprised he is still a trainer with that knowledge under his belt.

gardevoir but secks
    Beastality!
    Perchance that would be legal, since Pokemon act with a lot more decisiveness than real animals.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • There are a lot of things that would be bad, but there are also things that people are taking out of proportion.

-An Earthquake attack, would not be the same strength as an actual Earthquake, have you ever seen a whole town in turmoil during a Pokemon battle in any of the series?

-Pokemon are more intelligent than normal animals. I'm sure even a Slowpoke could outwit most creatures here.

-There probably would be Pokemon right activists, but people are entitled to their opinions, and that doesn't mean we have to pay attention to them.

-And we'd probably be somewhat resistant to Pokemon attacks, just like in the show.

Last edited:

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Yeah, ash have been hit by his Charizard's Flamethrower more times than i can count, and when Chimchar's Blaze activates in his battle agains Paul he gets burned badly... And survived.
    Then i've not counted all of Pikachu's Thunderbolts he got hit with in the first episodes.

In "A Poached Ego", Jessie and James gets hit by several Hyper Beams... From a Tyranitar!!

But strangely, he gets KOed when Dawn hits him in the head with a Pokéball... odd.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Well, not to mention the Pokemon rights activists, I mean whos to say that they wouldn't exist and put a end to the "Battles" and "Training". I mean if you look at it from a purly outsider point of view, thay capture creatures, in tiny metal prisons, then when they need them to viscously attack another creature, just for the point of obtaining a small peice of metal, or bragging rights, the eject rhem from said prison, only to return afterwards. Then the "Trainer" is made out to be the main reason why he/she won the badge or trophy, giving very little credit to the creature that was taken from its home, family, and friends. We have enough problems with animal rights, without animals that shoot elemental beams from there mouths.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • I wouldn;t like it if I had a Charmander, then eventually a Charizard, stomping all around my garden and burning the house down when he's angry. >_<

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think it'd be cool. But, definatly no 10 yr olds running around. Especialy with all the weirdos around. But, it would be fun.

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
  • You guise do know that Pokémons are never evil?
    And @JollyRoger, that's the same with soccer. Team does bad, trainer gets fired and the other way round.

Also, I would totally have a vaporeon :D

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    It would be well cool, just imagine tellin your mum your going on an adventure and you will be going for a while she would freak

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It would probably be a nightmare, yes. Not just animals running around. But supernatural animals running around... with 10 year olds commanding them O_o

Back