• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Realistic Pokemon Concept Art by Gymnotide

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • ITT:
    I drew Chandelure, guys.
    Rough concept art thread ktnx

Chandelure ←

Zweilous ←

Manectric ←

Duskull ←

Vibrava ←

Muk ←

Gliscor ←

Mawile ←

Cryogonal ←

Ariados ←

Rhyhorn ←

Cubone ←

Ditto ←

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Maan I love that Chandelure and Duskull! That Chandelure creeps me out though, but that's good lol. Are these still sketches or are they finished? I can see you scanned them so I was wondering. Argghh absolutely amazing Chandelure -in awe-.

Ooh oops, you mentioned they were rough concept arts, sorry I overlooked that!

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Well, they're going to be sketches no matter what. My goal is to pop them out as quickly as possible since I'm doing a dA meme thing where I fill in the boxes with my favorite Pokemon of each type. The link is here, if you want to do it! I added a Vibrava just now--I swear I've drawn better dragonflies in the past, but whatever lol

I have an Ariados / Mawile done, but I don't like the designs 100% so I might redo them. I have a design for Medicham too, but I started drawing too close to the corner so I didn't have enough room to finish.

Just btw, the Pokemon will be:

• Bug -- Swadloon Ariados
    • Dark -- Zweilous
    • Dragon -- Vibrava
    • Electric -- Manectric
    • Fighting -- Medicham
    • Fire -- Chandelure
    • Flying -- Gliscor
    • Ghost -- Duskull
    • Grass -- Tropius
    • Ground -- Cubone
    • Ice -- Cryogonal
    • Normal -- Ditto
    • Poison -- Muk
    • Psychic -- Slowbro
    • Rock -- Rhyhorn
    • Steel -- Mawile
    • Water -- Gastrodon

[h1][/h1]
    edit I added Muk and Gliscor.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmmm I've seen that meme before, seems a lot of fun yeah, I'll probably do it as well. That Vibrava looks pretty cool, your style is very original, really like it.

I noticed you had Gastrodon for the water type in the list - I like Gastrodon so much but I never see anyone else that likes him haha, so idk I found that pretty cool lol.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • OMG WAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY POKEYMANS

I actually like these, you're good with proportions. And you really aren't afraid to make them different from what they'd be expected to look like.

Did you make the skin texture for the octopus yourself, or did you just do the shadows and highlights?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • (1) I loooove Gastrodon XD He's so squishy and cute. Plus, he's a little nudibranch, isn't he? Those things are so cool~ And and and, he learns Recover.

(2) There's a layer of color and two layers each of shade / highlight, and then a layer of texture overlayed on top of that. Nothing too fancy, but I don't exactly have the best CGI skills haha.

[h1][/h1]
    Now Mawile & Cryogonal are up too :3
    Ariados & Medicham should be up by the end of this week, but I don't have designs for any of the other ones yet.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    (1) I loooove Gastrodon XD He's so squishy and cute. Plus, he's a little nudibranch, isn't he? Those things are so cool~ And and and, he learns Recover.
    HHNNNNNNGGG he is he isss! I love nudibranches, they are adorable. And I love his cry as well, it makes a squishy sound at the end.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Eh, I just uploaded Ariados. I still don't like it very much, but it's a huge improvement from the first design.

• Bug -- Swadloon / Ariados
    • Dark -- Zweilous
    • Dragon -- Vibrava
    • Electric -- Manectric
    • Fire -- Chandelure
    • Flying -- Gliscor
    • Ghost -- Duskull
    • Ice -- Cryogonal
    • Poison -- Muk
    • Steel -- Mawile
    • Fighting -- Medicham
    • Grass -- Tropius
    • Ground -- Cubone
    • Normal -- Ditto
    • Psychic -- Slowbro
    • Rock -- Rhyhorn
    • Water -- Gastrodon

[h1][/h1]
    Not much I could do with Rhyhorn, so I just did a quick one there.
    I don't really like it. If anyone has any better ideas, tell me.

I think I'll do Ditto last because I really have no idea what to do with him.

Last edited:

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • Lol I LOVE Chandelure, and that is a sweet realistic version lol, I want one as a pet :P I think you did best on the dark looking ones, Chadelure, Zweilous, Gliscor, and Mawile then again it might just be my disturbing taste o.o.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Holy CRAP that mawile and rhyhorn are SO intense I can't stop looking at them! I love how some of these have a really like, dark sort of twist on them. Great contrast with their bubbly cartoony counterparts. *A*

And it occurs to me that in real life, I would think of ditto as a pink blob of that puddy stuff that's slimy and slippery, if you know what I'm talking about.... XDD

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I actually really like Rhyhorn. And I like the colours you used for it as well, I can spot a touch of green/grey-ish.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • omggg I have scrapped so many versions of Ditto already >_>
    And a few of Slowbro and Tropius. I left the hardest ones for last, which is why I haven't posted anything lately.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • i imagine with ditto, you could have other pokemon seemingly being generated from pink fleshy substance with a ditto face.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I've finished Cubone and Ditto, but Ditto isn't colored yet. Since Ditto is my favorite Pokemon, I've taken a great amount of liberty on it. I'm kind of excited for it. Except, I left it in my friend's room, so there's not even a scan yet.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • That ditto is A-Mazing, I'm really looking forward to your slowbro, he is my favourite psychic pokemon as well

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • No time to draw nowadays since we're reaching a high point in college ;)

But, I did color this old picture.
    Spoiler:

Back