• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Realistic Pokemon!

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
Years
  • Put down your ideas for how Pokemon in real life would work!

Trainers License: I think it would be very much like a RL drivers license. It would have your DOB, your address, your medical information, etc. In order to get a Trainers License, you would have to go thru Trainers Classes, very much like Drivers Ed. When you register for your Trainers License, you would also be registered for a starter.

Start of Journey: I think that you would have to wait to be 16 to go on your journey. 10 is obviously too young. This way you would be semi mature and able to take care of yourself to a decent extent. Also, I think that starters would be chosen at Registration. You, along with approx. nine other trainers would go into a room and pick your starters. Only two or three starter choosings would go on a day.

Trainer Assisstance Program (TAP): Ah, yes. I've given this more thought than anything else. I believe that this would be like insurance, or state support checks. You get discounted rates, or free services at places like PokeMarts, restraunts, and lodging along the road. Places like PokeCenters still give you free services such as food, lodging and healing for your Pokemon. But say you're on the road, and you have 10$, and you need food for a team of six? Just go into a PokeMart, flash your card, and you'll get discounted food.

Got any other ideas? Let's try to make this as realistic as possible! Feel free to PM or VM me if you wanna chat more about this (:

- Dusk

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • Put down your ideas for how Pokemon in real life would work!

Trainers License: I think it would be very much like a RL drivers license. It would have your DOB, your address, your medical information, etc. In order to get a Trainers License, you would have to go thru Trainers Classes, very much like Drivers Ed. When you register for your Trainers License, you would also be registered for a starter.

Start of Journey: I think that you would have to wait to be 16 to go on your journey. 10 is obviously too young. This way you would be semi mature and able to take care of yourself to a decent extent. Also, I think that starters would be chosen at Registration. You, along with approx. nine other trainers would go into a room and pick your starters. Only two or three starter choosings would go on a day.

Trainer Assisstance Program (TAP): Ah, yes. I've given this more thought than anything else. I believe that this would be like insurance, or state support checks. You get discounted rates, or free services at places like PokeMarts, restraunts, and lodging along the road. Places like PokeCenters still give you free services such as food, lodging and healing for your Pokemon. But say you're on the road, and you have 10$, and you need food for a team of six? Just go into a PokeMart, flash your card, and you'll get discounted food.

Got any other ideas? Let's try to make this as realistic as possible! Feel free to PM or VM me if you wanna chat more about this (:

- Dusk

I have though about "TAP" before, I imagine that there is some sort of discount and service that if you are a trainer that you get in the Pokecenter for free and a deep discount at the Pokemart. I mean a Pokeball for $2? That kind of tech should be outrageously expensive. If you are not a trainer, then its probably a little more expensive. I also think there is probably some sort of fee for being a trainer, maybe some sort of tax to fund everything.

As for becoming a new trainer, I would think that you would have to go to some kind of trainer school. It may not be a full college type of school, but more like a tech college that would teach basic survival skills such as light first aid, and how to stay warm at night.

For food, I think that if you catch a Pokemon, it should know how to fend for itself. Not only that but according to the games there are a lot of berries around, I doubt that you would starve unless your on Mt. Silver or something.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Let me expand your Idea first, shall i?
    Of Course. Absolutely. Trainer License will be needed if you gonna handle big, ferocious or dangerous Pokemon like Rhydon, or Electabuzz. The license itself will be needed when you gonna participate in official League Tournament or Gym Battle. If you do anything illegal like battle in a bet house or attack people intentionally with pokemon the League may suspend even permanently ban you from getting a Trainer License.
    But if you have pokemon as pet, you don't need any license though.
    14 is adequate enough for someone to get their license, although it may be take 2 or 3 years more to start your own path. And your first pokemon isn't necessarily so-called "starters" pokemon. It can be pokemon you caught by your father or bought by your father. It can be any pokemon you had before.
    Most likely. The Pokemon League is at their best to subsidize every trainer they can. We might be wondering where they can have that amount of money? Since Pokemon battle will become the most popular form of entertainment in the world, I'm pretty sure every television will try to broadcast league battle. Especially high level Tournament. Governments also support the League by sending them some funds.

Here's my idea or something I envisioned:

Pokemon Training: Become Pokemon trainer will be very hard indeed. The game and the anime makes us think that train a pokemon is piece of cake. But is that so? Will it be train a dragon as easy as train a bug pokemon? I don't think so. Dragon will be the most hardest to train, takes years to tame them right take even more years to evolve them. Different pokemon, different type, different way to handle and train them.
    Trainers also need to train their pokemon right so they're more familiarize with moves they know, get out of tight situation, and many more. Most training will take place in Gyms.

Pokemon Battle: Battle will involve many more aspect. It wouldn't be a simple order-attack-order. There will be more move combination, environment factor, pokemon fatigue rate, range of attack, and pokemon size. Trainers need to move around as well to avoid getting hit by stray attack. Stray attack? That's a big possibility that might happen during battle.

To sum up all the points is: Not all people can be a trainer. One might to consider to just watching battles in TV or stadium rather than get their hands bitten off.

That's my idea for now.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, first, of course there would be bloodshed in the battle field. Since you want it to be realistic and all, I don't think there wouldn't be blood in the battle field. So, actually having Pokemon battle would probably be kept to a more adult age like 18 or 21. And the telecasts of these bloody fights would either be PG13 or M. And you can't avoid having deaths in a battle field with bloody situations...

Years
  • Trainer's Licences are probably like that anyway in the pokemon world (DOB, address, etc). In a realistic pokemon world, every potential trainer would have to attend a pokemon trainer's academy for at least 3-5 years.

Pokemon Training: Become Pokemon trainer will be very hard indeed. The game and the anime makes us think that train a pokemon is piece of cake.

The games, yes but certainly not in the anime. Episodes such as Sick Daze and Doc Brock show the more difficult aspects of caring for pokemon and the anime makes training look quite hard at times also.

Like the anime, there would be different kinds of training and tournaments and not just about gym battles and contests such as P1 Grand Prixs, wrestling competitions and more.

Pokemon League tournaments would take place in Olympic sized stadiums and there would be TV stations and radio stations with 24/7 coverage of Pokemon talk.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Well, first, of course there would be bloodshed in the battle field. Since you want it to be realistic and all, I don't think there wouldn't be blood in the battle field. So, actually having Pokemon battle would probably be kept to a more adult age like 18 or 21. And the telecasts of these bloody fights would either be PG13 or M. And you can't avoid having deaths in a battle field with bloody situations...
    Battles in bet house or something like that at least. I believe the League will prevent death of pokemon and trainer in their official battle.
    Trainer's Licences are probably like that anyway in the pokemon world (DOB, address, etc). In a realistic pokemon world, every potential trainer would have to attend a pokemon trainer's academy for at least 3-5 years.

The games, yes but certainly not in the anime. Episodes such as Sick Daze and Doc Brock show the more difficult aspects of caring for pokemon and the anime makes training look quite hard at times also.

Like the anime, there would be different kinds of training and tournaments and not just about gym battles and contests such as P1 Grand Prixs, wrestling competitions and more.

Pokemon League tournaments would take place in Olympic sized stadiums and there would be TV stations and radio stations with 24/7 coverage of Pokemon talk.
    Yes they are some kind of training hardship shown in the anime but they still allow kids to train ferocious pokemon like beartic or ursaring. That just another way to make show that training pokemon is easy. For me at least.
    As someone like Maylene or Iris, we can them prodigy right away.
    I don't think Maylene a prodigy though, since I predict her age is around 16-18 which is near to her friend, Candice. It just her body that small.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I think one of the most difficult parts of a realistic Pokemon battle would be holding back. No way a Pokemon can just let themselves go, because no Pokemon wants to be killed. That's the kind of thing that would take thousands of hours of training, making sure they give enough power to defeat the other Pokemon without letting themselves go and overdoing it.

I believe that would be an issue that would be taken up with the Pokemon League if a Pokemon was killed during a battle. The trainer would have to deal with the consequences of sending a Pokemon into battle that obviously wasn't trained well enough to hold back its true power.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

I think one of the most difficult parts of a realistic Pokemon battle would be holding back. No way a Pokemon can just let themselves go, because no Pokemon wants to be killed. That's the kind of thing that would take thousands of hours of training, making sure they give enough power to defeat the other Pokemon without letting themselves go and overdoing it.

I believe that would be an issue that would be taken up with the Pokemon League if a Pokemon was killed during a battle. The trainer would have to deal with the consequences of sending a Pokemon into battle that obviously wasn't trained well enough to hold back its true power.
    Their strength probably will measured up before battle. By a porygon maybe? so when a pokemon get really cornered or can't hold back its own power and try to use attack that potentially kill can be stopped right away by referee. Again, Porygon might be a good use for this. That's my theory anyway.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • Hmm. On the training and battling, how it would be more violent then portrayed in the video games. I think that it'd be similar to the anime. I think you simply go until one of the Pokemon in KO'ed. That's when a ref or the trainers step in. If you intentionally let your Pokemon wreak havoc, obviously your license is going to be taken away, and your Pokemon.

I think training would be harder than in the games too. Obviously, you can't sit there and knock our a bunch of random Pidgeys, and level up. It could very much take years to get Pokemon to evolve, because they have to mature mentally and physically to go thru the stress of changing body form completely. Pokemon like Growlithe that require a stone to evolve, though, I think you would still be able to evolve them whenever.

I gave more thought to a Pokemon Academy, and I believe that this type of school would be intergrated with real life school. I think that they'd teach you the basics, what you need to know, in 6-8 grade, or junior high. Then in 9-12, or high school, you could chose to go to a regular high school or go to a Trainers Academy. Later in life you could obviously go to a Trainers Academy for classes, but until you graduate a TA, you cannot obtain a trainers license.

---------
    Awesome responses everyone! I'm really enjoying reading your answers! Keep them coming in(: Here's some prompts to get your brains going:
    - How would Pokemon effect everyday life? Think school, work, hospitals, police stations, restraunts, etc.
    - How would the government handle citizens having control over these massive powerful creatures? Pokemon registration?
    - How would Pokemon being real effect your life as it is now? Think realisticly!
    - What is the difference between regular water and a Pokemon's water type attack? Why can fire Pokemon go swimming, and bathe, and not faint?

- Dusk

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'd like to pick out the restaurant one, as compared to the rules of restaurants in our world. Also, because I barely ever see basic things like "how would restaurants work in Pokemon?"

There would still always be the issue of pets in restaurants, that they don't bathe as much as humans, and have dirty fur and stuff that would get everywhere, including in food. Therefore, except for Pokemon-specific restaurants, I would think that they would allow Pokemon out of their Pokeballs into the restaurant. (Sorry, Ash!) But there would be places that would be the equivalent of a la carte, where you buy the food and then you can sit outside or somewhere with your Pokemon and eat...or places where they take extra care to make sure no Pokemon are in the back that aren't supposed to be there (maybe helping to cook?), dirtying up the food.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • Hmm, I think you bring up a good point. Pokemon in restraunts would be the same as regular pets in restraunts; not allowed.

Here's another question to answer(: :
    - What would you do in the Pokemon world?

I know I would be a trainer, for sure. But a lot of people might say they'd still want to be a teacher, or a dentist. How would Pokemon effect these careers?

- Dusk

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    Pokémon in realistic would most likely be... dangerous. Most of the places that people live in modern days is big cities, and Pokémon in big cities? With the current "Youth" today, I don't think they would end well.

Maybe in a perfect society, maybe.

I think Pokémon training will be handled in controlled enviroment, perhaps a island of Pokémon and trainers with gyms and such? Regulation will be tight, but, hmm. A island maybe the size of Austrailia?

Years
  • I can only imagine that if Pokemon existed in the real world we wouldn't have anything like what you see in the games. I would think our world would go something like this:

~

Starting in the 1960s, but with echoes going back to the late 19th century and its upsurge of anti-vivisection laws and societies, it became unfashionable in most parts of the western world to raise Pokemon for the purpose of battling. For decades before it had been a contentious issue with many religious traditionalists and other moral crusaders, culminating in the brief period when the United States outlawed all Pokemon breeding and battling (except those with necessary medical benefits) with its 21st amendment to the Constitution. Even after this was negated Pokemon were still kept away from "polite" society and it was not until 1947 (and the weakening of the Hays Code) that Pokemon battles were even shown in motion pictures.

In other parts of the world Pokemon had seen a variety of reactions and changes over the last century. In Japan where they had once been regarded as spirits and other supernatural beings they have, since the end of World War II, been incorporated into local customs and religious ceremonies as symbols of peace and harmony between people and the environment. In both the Soviet and Chinese communist revolutions Pokemon played important roles in overthrowing the existing governments thanks to the intense training they were put through by revolutionaries, but some have claimed they had been and continue to be exploited and mistreated.

Under the U.N.'s Universal Declaration of Pokemon Rights (adopted in 1994) it became illegal under international law to engage in Pokemon battles. However, this has not prevented some nations and extremist groups from engaging in covert programs to breed Pokemon specifically for battling as a way of supplementing their incomes through gambling and trafficking. In very rare cases they have used Pokemon in attacks on humans.

Pokemon ownership continues to rise, particularly in the developing world as conditions improve and people's lives become more conducive to raising Pokemon. It is hoped that by 2030 every family in the world will have at least one Pokemon.

~

And so on.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • @ Scarf: Wow. Aha, that's a different way to look at the whole subject. But I don't know. I can see groups protesting the use of Pokemon for battles because of the "abuse" involved (ie: Plasma?). But I think that as soon as the earliest human realized the partnership that was possible between man and beast, like today, the animals would have been incorporated into society succesfully. I also think that there wouldn't be as many big cities, because conservationists would insist on more habitat for evolving Pokemon.

Years
  • I can only imagine that if Pokemon existed in the real world we wouldn't have anything like what you see in the games. I would think our world would go something like this:

~​

Starting in the 1960s, but with echoes going back to the late 19th century and its upsurge of anti-vivisection laws and societies, it became unfashionable in most parts of the western world to raise Pokemon for the purpose of battling. For decades before it had been a contentious issue with many religious traditionalists and other moral crusaders, culminating in the brief period when the United States outlawed all Pokemon breeding and battling (except those with necessary medical benefits) with its 21st amendment to the Constitution. Even after this was negated Pokemon were still kept away from "polite" society and it was not until 1947 (and the weakening of the Hays Code) that Pokemon battles were even shown in motion pictures.

In other parts of the world Pokemon had seen a variety of reactions and changes over the last century. In Japan where they had once been regarded as spirits and other supernatural beings they have, since the end of World War II, been incorporated into local customs and religious ceremonies as symbols of peace and harmony between people and the environment. In both the Soviet and Chinese communist revolutions Pokemon played important roles in overthrowing the existing governments thanks to the intense training they were put through by revolutionaries, but some have claimed they had been and continue to be exploited and mistreated.

Under the U.N.'s Universal Declaration of Pokemon Rights (adopted in 1994) it became illegal under international law to engage in Pokemon battles. However, this has not prevented some nations and extremist groups from engaging in covert programs to breed Pokemon specifically for battling as a way of supplementing their incomes through gambling and trafficking. In very rare cases they have used Pokemon in attacks on humans.

Pokemon ownership continues to rise, particularly in the developing world as conditions improve and people's lives become more conducive to raising Pokemon. It is hoped that by 2030 every family in the world will have at least one Pokemon.

~​

And so on.

This. I honestly believe that pokemon in the real world would be very different then it is in the show or the games. Unless of course, because pokemon were in the real world then anime rules might apply to the real world too. I would hope either way that you would have to be older to get your trainers license. No 10 year old I've ever met had the responsibility to own a regular animal let alone a real pokemon.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I like this kind of subject the most. Makes me wanna write some fanfic
    Pokemon should be little more than animal, and no near the same to human(except pokes like Gardevoir)
    Hmm. On the training and battling, how it would be more violent then portrayed in the video games. I think that it'd be similar to the anime. I think you simply go until one of the Pokemon in KO'ed. That's when a ref or the trainers step in. If you intentionally let your Pokemon wreak havoc, obviously your license is going to be taken away, and your Pokemon.
    Well, the ref should stepped in when situation like a pokemon still have determination to battle but the body is heavily injured while the trainer doesn't really realized. That one of the example by the way.
    I think training would be harder than in the games too. Obviously, you can't sit there and knock our a bunch of random Pidgeys, and level up. It could very much take years to get Pokemon to evolve, because they have to mature mentally and physically to go thru the stress of changing body form completely. Pokemon like Growlithe that require a stone to evolve, though, I think you would still be able to evolve them whenever.
    The years needed for pokemon to evolve is depend on its species. Hardly trained Weedle just need 3 weeks to evolve into beedrill, while Pidgey to Pidgeotto should only take a few months and 2 year at least to evolve Pidgeot. But the farther the evolution is, the harder you'll need to train them. One might consider to halt a pokemon evolution to make it easier for them to be trained.
    Gym are the place for training obviously. Specific gym will teach you more on specific type about on handling pokemon of those type and to train them effectively. So specializing in one type sometimes will benefit a trainer if they really master those type.
    I gave more thought to a Pokemon Academy, and I believe that this type of school would be intergrated with real life school. I think that they'd teach you the basics, what you need to know, in 6-8 grade, or junior high. Then in 9-12, or high school, you could chose to go to a regular high school or go to a Trainers Academy. Later in life you could obviously go to a Trainers Academy for classes, but until you graduate a TA, you cannot obtain a trainers license.
    I think there should be separate school though. One is academy that focus on training pokemon(namely battle, coordinate, and breed) and normal school. Because not all problem are sourced from pokemon. Scientist that work for Silph Co. for example, they have their education through normal schools as developing things like pokeball are more scientific.
    :
    - How would Pokemon effect everyday life? Think school, work, hospitals, police stations, restraunts, etc.
    School like I theorized should be separated into two kind of schools. Police mostly have psychic pokemon. Why? because they need to ward off dangerous wild pokemon like gastly, haunter, gengar, or drowzee.
    - How would the government handle citizens having control over these massive powerful creatures? Pokemon registration?
    I imagine that Pokemon League are the single body of organization that govern over all pokemon specific matters.
    That's why trainer license is needed and training is portrayed as things that not everybody could do.
    - How would Pokemon being real effect your life as it is now? Think realisticly!
    I would regularly watch tournaments in the TV obviously.
    - What is the difference between regular water and a Pokemon's water type attack? Why can fire Pokemon go swimming, and bathe, and not faint?
    That's another thing for a professor to discover :P

I can only imagine that if Pokemon existed in the real world we wouldn't have anything like what you see in the games. I would think our world would go something like this:

~

~

And so on.
    That's if we take similar history, moral view, and value of our earth. But I think pokemon world will have much more different moral value and view than us. Especially if the turn of history in pokemon world are done by people who view pokemon battle as chivalrous thing.
    I take that Pokemon World is an alternate world with alternate history, moral value and view than us now. Because if it not like that, we will taking all the fun you know :P

"realistic" is different to "real world" I believe.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • - How would Pokemon effect everyday life? Think school, work, hospitals, police stations, restraunts, etc.: In school, the pre-evolved Pokemon, like the starter Pokemon and the regional rodents/birds can be used to show what it's like to be on a Pokemon journey or training Pokemon first-hand
    - How would the government handle citizens having control over these massive powerful creatures? Pokemon registration?: I think that depending on how strong the Pokemon's special abilities are, the trainer can have a license for it.
    - How would Pokemon being real effect your life as it is now? Think realisticly!: Sometimes Pokemon can help me do things I can't (like lifting heavy things) or helping out with chores.
    - What is the difference between regular water and a Pokemon's water type attack? Why can fire Pokemon go swimming, and bathe, and not faint?: I think that regular water and the water from a Pokemon attack is the same. Fire Pokemon can bathe without negative consequences because in a Water Pokemon attack, the attack is sprayed quickly in a high volume.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • You guys keep surprising me with some of the answers you come up with(: Very good! I can't think of anymore questions right now, but if you have anymore ideas or anything, go ahead and share(:

- Dusk

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • Hmm I could see that. Pokemon could very much be used as weapons. I think that overall, we couldn't say for sure what life with Pokemon would be like until we specify this: are we talking about us being transported to the PokeWorld, or Pokemon on Planet Earth?

Back