• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Really weird Pokemon

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
Years
  • Yeah I thought I'd make this thread because of two seperate encounters. The first was because I was bored so I was Super Rodding underneath the Waterfall to the right of Mt. Coronet (I think Hearthrome entrance). About 8 times I battled Lvl 36 female Gyarados'. Then, suddenly, one Lvl 54 appears. I wasn't able to catch it though, but I was scared like crap. Then I was EV Training my Bagon at Lake Verity battling Starlys and Magikarp when I battled A LVL 4 STARAVIA. No joke, I actually caught it. Serebii.net has no record of Staravias being available for capture at Lake Verity and they're not on swarm or anything so...what the heck is going on?

EDIT: I battled another Lvl 4 Staravia...I'm scared T_T

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    What the hell? Gyarados I understand, but a lv 4 Staravia? No way...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I think it is when you have a GBA pokemon game in the GBA slot of your DS... I'm not too sure. I think it is an insertion special, but it isn't too bad. Happened to me too.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Rarely, you can find a level 4 Staravia and Bibarel on Lake Verity if you have a GBA game inserted..

I don't remember encountering weird Pokemon.. D:

Years
  • i gotta try that! as soon as i get my ds working i will...crap...i dont have any gb pokemon games, *gives up*

if i did though, i could get staraptor, i like staraptor.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • That might explain it...I have Emerald inserted. The strange thing is I battled two in a row. Pidgeotto was available in Viridian Forest on Pokemon Yellow as, you know, Ash caught one there.

And I have no idea about yours Maiz.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I was fishing to get Dratini when I found Dragonair...Level 19!
    I caught it and traded it for a Salamence on the GTS.
    I also recall getting a Lopunny that was caught in a MASTERBALL

Last edited:

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I also recall getting a Lopunny that was caught in a MASTERBALL

That probably means the player hacked a bunch of master balls into his game and used them to catch everything he ever caught lol

Years
  • there always have been underleveled pokemon, most common in earlier games was probably raticate or all these metapod/kakuna in viridian forest, most known should be lances dragonites in gsc (ok, theyre not wild, but theyre underleveled) the lv.4 bibarel/staravias are just extreme cases of that

Giratar

Oops.
    Years
  • I recall in my Emerald, I was fishing for a shiny Gyrados in Sootopolis using a Super Rod. What I got was a Gyrados level 7. No joke.

P.S.If I can get a picture of it, I can put it up here, but right now, my phone's camera's messed up, and I don't own a camera of my own. Sorry.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Well at the opposite end, even though of a thread for this, you can catch level 1-100 Magikarps in a lake, so thats weirder. But the same thing happened to me, except in the route next to Jubilife near the cave at night I caught a level 4 Golbat.

Back