• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i kinda like sprites, but can't make original shadings just yet, so mine all suck xD
but i made my first recolour :D !
MagmaTabathaRecolour.png

i kinda just used random shades of blue,

i've kinda came up with a theory to make perfectly recoloured sprites,
made this dragonite with it;
DragoniteSpriteRecolour.png

but i kinda messed up the end of the underside of the tail,
i know why, and i think my theory actually works,
with one or two exceptions :)
That blue looks too dark and too saturated. A shade that's easier on the eyes might be a better choice over randomly picking shades.

Feel free to share your theory, too.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I mixed Tsutaja and Charmander! :3
chary.png

Tell me what you think!

Years
I mixed Tsutaja and Charmander! :3
chary.png

Tell me what you think!

Okay, firstly, the way you tried to include the intricate details (the thin lines on the tail) makes it look very scratchy; the colours in Tsutaja were used in chunks, so don't require anti-aliasing, however here they sort of do...

The main thing that stands out is that you tried to make Charmander look smug like Tsutaja does by lowering his "eyelid," however, along with the mouth's (how do you even pronounce that?) expression, it comes across as anxious or something, not smug or arrogant. So yeah...

Finally, nothing really seems to flow in this sprite. It all seems glued together, and just doesn't work well. >:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
That blue looks too dark and too saturated. A shade that's easier on the eyes might be a better choice over randomly picking shades.

Feel free to share your theory, too.

you didnt comment on my dragonite xD
well, i dont know how to explain it well,

i'm thinking of making a little guide for it,
but i made these using it :) .

d2badc6e51f408f5d31b9b1d7e631de1_48797.png
8d57c63df674e7e691b46ca2f391200a_48795.png
68090cf0e8a45ba8a2e7d486b630c30b_48796.png
b114c69f7726d0050a97726b6dfe0075_48780.png
46778fbbe2152fbc9d2166af1598bbfd_48782.png
253769e99ff4bad431b11e7372bf2497_48794.png

...okay, my colour choices are terrible :P

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'm completely addicted to making pokemon fusions and recolors. Its incredibly fun, i might upload some of the work I've done later. :)

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
Years
i was wondering what you guys thought of my fusions/recolors these are some of my first:) (The Luxtei or entei combined with luxray was my first ever fusion/recolor)

Attachments

• entei-i cant remeber - Copy (2).jpg
    entei-i cant remeber - Copy (2).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • charizard - pikachu - Copy.jpg
    charizard - pikachu - Copy.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 3
  • dragonite - feraligator - Copy.jpg
    dragonite - feraligator - Copy.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
  • eevee - absol - Copy.jpg
    eevee - absol - Copy.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 2
  • houndoom - dialga - Copy.jpg
    houndoom - dialga - Copy.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
First off great to see you trying.

Few pointers:
Never save as JPEG/JPG-it ruins the quality always save as .PNG.
Never stretch/skew them-This also runs the risk of ruining it. If you want to have a zoomed in few. Zoom the page in then press Prt Scr button on your computer. This will capture the whole computer screen as a screenshot. Then just paste and select your sprite. This doesn't run the risk of ruining the sprite.

I would be able to give better help if they weren't JPG. But from what I can tell your not doing a horrible job.

Just make sure that when you swap pallets that you don't leave any of the old colors left. (such as the outline color on your evee/absol)

There are plenty of great fusions in this thread to look at. Or stop by the Fusion Sprite game in the appropriate board and you can see two that I just did.

I have some sprites for people to critique, aside from the recolour, feel free to guess what was in each one.
also this:
SazandraTsunbeaa2167186829-iaza.png

Gotta say this is probably your best one. The others just look pasted together. I would suggest trying to do what you did here to the others. Great job good to see people trying.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
Years
First off great to see you trying.

Few pointers:
Never save as JPEG/JPG-it ruins the quality always save as .PNG.
Never stretch/skew them-This also runs the risk of ruining it. If you want to have a zoomed in few. Zoom the page in then press Prt Scr button on your computer. This will capture the whole computer screen as a screenshot. Then just paste and select your sprite. This doesn't run the risk of ruining the sprite.

I would be able to give better help if they weren't JPG. But from what I can tell your not doing a horrible job.

Just make sure that when you swap pallets that you don't leave any of the old colors left. (such as the outline color on your evee/absol)

There are plenty of great fusions in this thread to look at. Or stop by the Fusion Sprite game in the appropriate board and you can see two that I just did.

Thanks for the advice:) i'll try that :)

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
This is a fusion/recolor based on the idea for a fakemon I have. Dreadraze.

Dreadrazecopy.png

I think I fused the parts pretty well. C&C, please?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Yeah I put like an hour into it because I was bored. Hell if I'm putting more effort beyond having fixed his eyes.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Hey guys, I'm working on a Deoxys-Dex and wondered if anyone had any good ideas. Any crituiqe is appreciated. Here's what I've got so far.

Deoxys-NADS.png
Deoxipom.png
Deoxill.png
deoxotmom.png
Deoxagross.png
Deayza.png
Deachu.png

To make things clear, the first one is a combination of all four forms. P.S, when I make more, do I bump this post or just make a new one?

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
First one is gardevoir+arcticuno+absol.
Second one is moltres+natu+skarmory+rapidash.
Third one is beedrill+metang+aerodactyl.

They are in 16 color format and have 64x64 dimensions so they can be inserted into a gba rom.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Your third sprite is certaintly not 16 colours.

Neither is your first sprite, because the 16 colour limit also has to accommodate the background colour, which is set as the first colour in the palette and used to define which area of a sprite is transparent. Yeah hang on you had two separate blacks in the first sprite [0,0,0 and 16,16,16] which was making it read as 17 colours instead of 16.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Your third sprite is certaintly not 16 colours.

Neither is your first sprite, because the 16 colour limit also has to accommodate the background colour, which is set as the first colour in the palette and used to define which area of a sprite is transparent. Yeah hang on you had two separate blacks in the first sprite [0,0,0 and 16,16,16] which was making it read as 17 colours instead of 16.
Thanks for catching that.

Years
Fusions don't really matter that much for the colours, they won't be counted as official sprites and sprites that are worthy for rom hacks and fan-games anyways (unless you were making a game specifically with recolours and fusions).

Last edited:

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
I'm an amateur spriter. I'm not exactly looking for criticism, but here's some stuff I cooked up in my kitchen.

I'm interested in blobs of junk; and so far I think I've exceeded my expectations.

Sorry they're not in .png. I need to save space.

Attachments

• Swablu-Masquerain-Phanpy.jpg
    Swablu-Masquerain-Phanpy.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Exploud Licktung.jpg
    Exploud Licktung.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Manectric Seadra Absol Milotic.jpg
    Manectric Seadra Absol Milotic.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.