• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If I remember correctly wasn't the Red Gyarados set at level 30 in the original version? If so, then I don't think the level will be changed in the remake. As the levels of other Pokémon from FRLG were kept the same from RSE.

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
    idk...i didnt play the game personally but my brother did own the game and i watched him play. R. Gyarados is likely to be back and all it would do is make it just as common as PBR Pokemon and WISHMAKR Jirachi's.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There's really no point in denying it'll come back, because if it is part of the plot, then they wouldn't leave it out...Unless, they do change the storyline of the game which doesn't seem like that'll happen to me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There's really no point in denying it'll come back, because if it is part of the plot, then they wouldn't leave it out...Unless, they do change the storyline of the game which doesn't seem like that'll happen to me.

I have to agree, it wouldn't feel like a remake to me anyways if they take it out. I am sure a lot of the people would want the Gyarados in there still.

If they do happen to take out the Gyarados, what would they put for the Team Rocket storyline?

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Higher level FTW. still.. sudowoodo + rock slide can do some damage to him. but i don't think the level should pass 35.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    It would be real stupid to leave that plot out, considering they already have it on the news from DPP. Then new players would be left wondering "where can I find a Red Gyarados?"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It was advertised in DP for being found in Lake Verity, not in the Johto...so people shouldn't be asking "Huh? Where is the Red Gyarados?"
    The basic reason why it was mentioned was for reference to the remakes, which will more than likely bring back the shiny that almost everyone obtained in the original. [I think I still have mines actually].

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    So.. pressing X where the gyrados should have been gives you this :
    Yo wassup! sorry to interrupt, but i moved to lake verity in sinnoh. cya

if they remove it. i would rather get an flashcart instead. and pirate that one.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^I wouldn't blame you, because taking this Pokémon out will upset a lot of original players as well.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, you should be able to. I'd really like more of a challenge from Team Rocket to get the chance to capture it though. It is going to be awesome!

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
    red gyrados will be in the game. its a remake not a new addition.
    its essential to the story.
    but like ultima0071 said. its value will greatly decrease with the comming of the new games

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I do agree that the value of Gyarados will decrease, especially with people going to be SR'ing for better natures and IVs.

Years
    I pretty much assume that everything from the originals will be returning unless it has been revealed otherwise. Until GameFreak specifically lays out the changes they've made, I don't think there's any real reason to believe that something that was in the originals won't be in this one.

Randomizer

Sound off the false alarm.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    The question isn't will we be able to see the red Gyarados, it's more or less will we have the chance to battle and/or catch it. Red Gyarados is an important part of the main story, but that doesn't mean we'll have the chance to catch it. The rumor going around is that Lance will possibly capture the Gyarados rather than the main player, and may or may not fight you with it in the Champion match. (Which is quite doubtful considering it only resembles a dragon and is not actually dragon) But this could possibly implimented so that everyone won't get a shiny really easily.

Personally, I hope they'll offer it up to catch it. I loved the red Gyarados in G/S/C and it became a deep part of my main team. It was really a treat as the first shiny I caught and most other people probably caught. It was just such a unique concept and it really delved you into how twisted the members of team rocket were.

And yeah, the value of Gyarados would drop because of the amount of them offered up everywhere. But honestly, it would give the games so much more nostalgia value (bringing in many old players, along with letting the new generation of fans to see such a cool thing involved with the story) and really the Gyarados is a very important part of the story. So I say if they're gonna have the Gyarados at all, let it be red, let it be catchable, and let the player be the one to have the chance to catch it.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really wouldn't like Lance to catch it, but I'll just make sure to save before battling it. Also, you know what, I take back what I said about it staying Lv. 30, because if they Gyms and trainers are revamped and stronger, then Gyarados might get a boost in level as well.

Years
    I'm wondering what I would do if I had Shiny Gyarados... (I have a normal one at level 80 already in Platinum. Had it since it was a little Magikarp.) I hope they keep that feature in. Platinum's Gyarados sprite is the best one I've seen. (IMO.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Gyarados, they could possibly change it if they were to renew the Kanto and Johto Pokémon sprites, but leave the 3rd and 4th Gen Pokémon look salone.

Years
    I think Red Gyarados will still be in it. Mainly because it was, after all, one of the many hints given in D/P towards HG/SS.

Back