• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    It's rotting peacefully in my box even though it's an adamant one with good Ev's. I don't like Gyarados in the first place, so why let him take the place of a possible Azumarril? ^^

NatureKeeper

Didn't, happy not to. That'd give me more Pokémon to grind. Boo.

Uruk

i'm gonna have me some fun.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    hehe, i love him. without him i wouldn't beat lance :D

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    My 9-year-old son accidentally gave Mr. Pokemon his Red Gyarados as well as the scale. He saved the game and then realized what he might have done and went back to his saved game. His red Gyarados is gone and he is heartbroken. Is there anyway he can get it back? Buy it or catch it again? Or can he revert to a previously saved game? He was having a rough day (in the car for 12 hours coming back from a funeral) and wasn't thinking clearly and feels really stupid for doing this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I didn't think you could give the Gyarados to Mr. Pokemon, but I don't remember what was available back when I did it...
    ...but, all he has to do is defeat Lance and the Elite Four to cause the Gyarados to reappear at Lake of Rage.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Thanks

I didn't think you could give the Gyarados to Mr. Pokemon, but I don't remember what was available back when I did it...
    ...but, all he has to do is defeat Lance and the Elite Four to cause the Gyarados to reappear at Lake of Rage.

Thanks. A friend of his actually found it in a different box (or storage area). So he had it all along. He was very happy and felt a bit silly that he didn't look in the right spot for it. I'm not sure where he found it, but he does have it now. He felt better knowing his parents were searching the Internet to find a solution for it. Thanks for the help and I'll remember the defeating tip if RG disappears again!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    i reset my NDS so many times to capture the right nature(and ended up having to capture a whole bunch of abras to finally synchronize it to adamant). needless to say it was tedious. but i might just use it because hey, it looks cool(although everybody has one too). mine has rather crappy iv's so that kind of defeats the purpose of a good nature, lol. its highest iv was actually 27 in special attack, go figure.

Years
    I hadn't intended to use him for battles, but on my first try I pulled up an Adamant and Serebii's IV calc approximated 31 attack, 30 defence, 23 speed, and 27 HP so I did keep him around up until Kanto.

I really shouldn't have put him in all those battles though -.- Now I need to somehow find a ton of berries to get his EVs back to 0...

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Actually he's at Level 100, just for Wi-Fi Battles.

red gyarados

Leviathan

Lv. 100 @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I used him and raised him until he was level 55 or something ... I got rid of him after I beat the elite four; I just needed him to chomp down on Lance's dragon types with Ice Fang.

So, I replaced him with my Blastoise, which is like, 50000x better then Gyarados. Stupid Gyarados, I just realized now that he was my worst ... why did I keep him? Oh right, surfing.

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
    When I first played SS I caught the red Gyarados and used it up until I got to Kanto where I switched it out for a Feraligatr. It did massive damage using Waterfall but, mine had a brave nature which slowed it down.

Back