• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red vs. Lance

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    how many times Red ownd you before you beat him?

i remeber this very good.. this ***** beat me up like 6-7 times until i beat him with a noobly party (lvl 50-58)..

how do you won him?
    what lvl was you pokemons?

the quesions its for the first time you beat him..
    not now that we all can blow him with 1 pokemon..

Peeeka Chooo

~ Little Monster ~
    Years
    Yeah, it wasn't that hard, especially because I kept the same team throughout Kanto-Johto LOL . My Pokemon were in the high 80s by the time I battled him, so yeah, I mostly 1-Hit KOed his Pokemon .

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Zero. I creamed him on the first attempt, OHKOing or 2HKOing his entire team.

I did do extensive level grinding first, so I came at him with five Pokemon all at Lv84. I wanted to be close to him in level because I never bring a knife to a gun fight, so to speak. And I wasn't about to lose to some noob with a Pikachu.

This, except my entire team was 80.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This thread already exists for discussing how you took on Red and all (+ Lance), so merged the two - little difference between them.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    Actually, just one. I accidentally used a move I shoudn't, and his Charizard defeated my Scizor. So when I came back, it was actually simple to defeat him.

For those arguing about Red/Lance. The problem with Lance is that the first time you go for him, you just defeated 4 tough trainers and you're kinda tired/hurt. With Red, you know exactly where you are going.

Rei

Years
    Im gonna say Red, i only remember playing him the old g/s/c but it was by far my favorite battle. I wish he would be hidden in every pokemon game :D

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I'd say lance because i was underleveled then and i got lucky on his charizard. seriously i had one poke with 11 hp left!

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    I would say Red's team is harder as Lance's one can be defeated easily once you have got a fairly nice ice-type pokemon and ice beam. However, I have some difficulties when facing Red, like the weather and his pokemon with diverged types.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    Lance was tough at first but i finally got through his team with Ampharos's discharge as for Red...well i walked up Mt. Silver not knowing what to expect but feeling pretty confident with my level 60 Tyranitar at my side then i fought Red and i could barely get through his Pikachu o.O but with the proper training i feel Red will be not to hard to beat. All in all they both put up a pretty good fight!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Even though I didn't level up my pokes that much after the Lance Battle, Lance was harder for me... Red was hard, but not that hard. I beat him with a ~Lvl 45-55 Team. The thing I had problems with was why Iron Tail seemed to have a 100% accuracy when being used by that Pikachu. Charizard was the easiest, 1HKO from a Rock Slide From My Tyranitar.

SoulAura

☆Nightfall★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Okay im guessing your talking about the trainer Red since this is the HG section. My highest pokemon i had in my party when i defeated red was a lvl 60 vaporeon. I wanted to see if i could defeat red with low level pokemon. It was very difficult though

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Lapras

My highest leveled Pokémon was my Lapras (60). :t131:

SoulAura

☆Nightfall★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Red all the way. He was the only challenge i have had in the pokemon games and he's the one trainer i always look forward to in fighting (: Although Lance is fun to fight ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Red The Pokémon Master!

Red...
    He is simply the best Pokémon trainer of all time in my opinion.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Lance put up a decent fight, but it took me about 10-12 minutes to figure out a strat to beat Red with my then current team of three level 60's and three HM slaves.
    Then it took me ten trys to execute, but I finally emerged victorious! And that was the crowning moment right then and there that makes the battle with Red more epic then the one with Lance.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    My highest was a 61 REGULAR Gyarados when I beat Red the first time.
    Red vs. Lance

Back