• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reforming The Prism League

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Important update: Thanks to Aggrojag, we have an official Discord server! Link to the Prism League group is here: https://discord.gg/njy6M

For the sake of clarity and new faces;

We're going to make a league, or more accurately - revive a league. It'll be similar to the league in the first 6 generations of the series, with 8 leaders, and 4 elite members, and potentially a champion.
  • Challengers will begin the challenge with a team of 6 pokemon, which they cannot change without restarting their challenge.
  • Challengers are NOT bound to any type limitations.
  • Leaders and Elites teams will have 2 types they select, which will restrict their teams to pokemon solely consisting of those types.
  • Leaders and Elites will select a battle format (Singles or Doubles only, for the love of Dunsparce) for their gym to be challenged in.
  • Leaders may keep a variety of Pokemon in their arsenal for the gym, provided they do not deliberately counter-pick challengers, and that rule will be enforced airing on the side of favoring the challenger.
    [*)Challengers MAY use any varying builds for their 6 Pokemon per different battle in their challenge, so long as they do not change any of the species mid-challenge. [We may discuss a swing Pokemon as we previously had in the last iteration of the League, depending on how difficult challenge completion becomes.]
  • Challengers will advance through the league in order of Gym Leaders First, then Elites. The order of leaders challenged or elites challenged does not matter.
  • Subtitutes for Gym Leaders who are not available for challenge should it become an issue will be available.
  • Sportsmanlike conduct will be greatly appreciated. Unsportsmanlike conduct will totally not make you friends, and will make you look like a butt.
    [More on the rules once the league takes off.]

So far - the registered entrants for the league include:

Polar Spectrum - Polar: 4570-7938-0346 Flying / Fighting
Skyburial - skyburialVGC: 0061-2185-6938 Fairy / Steel
Charcoal Embers - Josh: 0516-7789-0240 Ghost / Fire
TGM - TGM: 4356-0447-3309 Ice / Water
Iloebet - ??? - ??? Water / Electric
Thopok - ??? - 3883-9520-6456 Fire / Grass
Kyoto Kerberos Dragon / ???
Aggrojag - Mike: 0834-1302-7467 Normal / Fairy
FireSnow - ??? - 3669-2553-5411
PicPax - Pic - 1950-9267-2878 Steel / Dragon
Oblivion Wing - ???: ??? Dark / Ghost
Doodlebug - ??? : ??? Fighting / Rock

We have 11 members currently. Which means we'll be starting out with 3 elites and 8 leaders. Types have been selected almost entirely for all members.

Placement matches for the league have concluded - these matches dictated position and first dibs on typings for league members.

As of right now, we're operating solely on cartridge. That may change depending on performance and turnout.

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Making this post as a formality for people who don't know me as Skyberries.

The Prism League was the first opportunity I got to play 6v6 Doubles on cartridge and I fell in love with the format immediately. I strongly encourage any of you who want to use your whole competitive team (an option unavailable on any in-game ladder) to check this league out. It's a blast.

We also have a pretty rad sub-community that has sprung up in tandem with the Prism League.

Years
I'll definitely try and come back in as a gym leader. It was fun when I did it before and it will be fun once again. It will just likely be harder with me having a job...

But as an introduction, I'm Charcoal. I've been alright at battling, though with me being so out of practice I may not be as tough. XD For the most part tho, I'm a breeder, so while I enjoy battling I will always make sure that the pokemon I breed are of good quality. So once I start getting all my tools together in Sun and Moon, I'll hopefully be able to churn out pokemon as per request. :P

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
I'd like to join but I feel as if it'd be irresponsible of me to join a league without breeding the ultimate mon.

But if you're fine with me not having the perfect bred pokemon

sure.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Guys; none of us probably have well-bred mons on cart yet; the bank ain't out til January hahah.

Doesn't mean we can't still get scrappy.

So far I count myself, Skyberries, TGM, Char, and Sad Boy in potential ranks. I'mma PM Sad to see if we can get more coordinated to get this up and running. Also spread word y'all. The more the merrier.

Years
And it's as I said already. I'm a breeder, and I'm working on collecting what I need in order to breed effectively. If need be once I get all my stuff together I can try and help out with getting people some Pokémon they would use

Polar Spectrum

Years
And it's as I said already. I'm a breeder, and I'm working on collecting what I need in order to breed effectively. If need be once I get all my stuff together I can try and help out with getting people some Pokémon they would use

Thanks mate :D Helpful man right here.

But anywho; keeping it relevant -

I'll be poking the old accounts from the original league, to see who's still around if anyone is. OP for this thread will be update as thing progress. The Prism League account will be used for the challenges or battles thread. Assuming we can make it work the same way again.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Although my regular team of VGC compatriots is a bit too diehard competitive for this, I have a Premier Challenge coming up on the 10th and will see if I can field some recruits there. There are a few people I can think of who would dig on something like this. Also I have a Facebook group that I'm a member of and I'll mention it there.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Sorry I'm not more proactively rebuilding this here at the moment, for whatever reason I chose finals week to return to the forum. AFTER finals, I should be available more and still just as involved with pokemon.

Then we'll do some scouting I guess. Cuz I'm thinking we need at least 8 people for this, bottom line. Assuming a light turnout, we can start with 6 leaders and 2 elites. That'll at least make type drafting easier.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
Hey, I'm one of the people Skyburial was talking about in his last post, so count me in. I've posted this thread to our Facebook page, and will try to hype it up through email and word of mouth through the days to come (we're dealing with finals on our end too).

Keep us posted on what's going on, and we should be able to bring some more people in on this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 3, 2021
Hey, I'm one of the people Skyburial was talking about in his last post, so count me in. I've posted this thread to our Facebook page, and will try to hype it up through email and word of mouth through the days to come (we're dealing with finals on our end too).

Keep us posted on what's going on, and we should be able to bring some more people in on this.

Same! Totally interested in this.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 9, 2019
Ooh this looks fun. I'm interested. Wouldn't mind being a gym leader or elite four member. Dark/Dragon types. I call it. Lol.

Polar Spectrum

Years
I'll allow this (it looks well-organised and sustainable, good job OP) but, in future, make sure you post leagues in Events and Groups Approval for the sake of quality control.

Carry on!

(not addressed to the OP specifically, as - like I said - this is well done, just in general)

Awh, shoot - sorry about that, I've been away for a while and I've not kept up on proper protocol. Thanks for the green light. It wont' be a shabby clusterfuck accommodating spam and whatnot, I promise.

ANYWHO. We have hit that magical number, 8 peeps to start with. The names as I see so far are -

Polar Spectrum
Skyburial
Charcoal Embers
TGM
Iloebet
Scuttles
Daddy Octopole
Kyoto Kerberos

I'm sending out PM's and skype messages and the like to try and set a date for an ORGANIZED type draft, one we can all attend and diligently carry out to get this done neatly and quickly. We'll probably end up doing a round robin tourney or something, but we'll work that out after we get 8 confirmations for people joining, and a date settled.

Buckle in gents - we're just about back! :D

Also, updating OP with the names list thus far. Anyone NOT in that list, please PM or VM me with a heads up. Thhhhanks.

Edit: The OP is update with more elaborations on rules as I remember them from the last go - around, and who we have participating. Cheers loves.

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
Second Round of PM's have gone out - we're shooting for battling for rank between Monday, December 26th, and Saturday, December 31sts. I'll post the PM here in case I missed anybody.

*Update Regarding Prism League Formation*

Sorry about the delay in replies - due to the holidays and general chaos; we're looking to schedule the 3DS battles anytime between Monday, December 26th, and Saturday, December 31sts If that's generally a bad time for the majority of people involved - we can push it back to early January.

Please let me know if and when any time during that span you'll be available for a few battles!

Thanks for all the responses so far!
- Polar

I understand there's a few people that PM'd me with interest that haven't posted here - post in this thread so you can get into the OP! It will be kept up to date with membership and other information!

PicPax

Quite Fulffy and Perpetually Triggered
Years
I'm here to try out for a gym position. I don't have Sun/Moon yet, so I'd have to do my Battles on Showdown, and preferably on a weekend. I can do Battles any day really, but it would be a massive pain until I get the games and breed some Pokemon, and I can't promise it wouldn't go wrong with what I need to use right now. XBox Microsoft Edge is pretty bad. Anyways, I'm not sure what else to add, so I'll leave it there.

Polar Spectrum

Years
So there's a few people saying, understandably, that they don't have pokemon or teams ready on Sun / Moon yet. That's totally fine, that's a large portion of people right now since Bank isn't available, buuuuut, if you don't have mons / teams to use in placement matches, what are you going to use when you actually have a challenger in your gym, once you place?

I think for that reason, until we either have more enough people to do two separate leagues on both platforms again, or everyone can do both - we need to stick to working on cartridge.

So for the placement matches;

The placement matches will take place Monday, December 26th through Friday December 30th.
They will take place on cartridge in Sun / Moon.
You and your opponent may choose the format.
If you cannot mutually agree, do two matches - one in either format, or flip a coin.
The OP will be updated with Friend Codes of all members involved - as well as match outcomes.
Placement matches will be conducted in a round-robin format where everyone participating will have a chance to battle each other.
BE FAMILIAR WITH RULESETS BEFORE THE MATCHES BEGIN.
SAVE BATTLE VIDEOS.

I'll drop my FC here too; as well as keep it in my sig.

Polar: 4570-7938-0346

Back