• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reforming The Prism League

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
This looks fun and interesting! Got room for another leader? I've been playing VGC for a few years, so it'll translate pretty well into this if I understand the format correctly (6v6 doubles, right?).

I won't be available to start right away, since I have to get my breeding all set up, but I'd be glad to help out!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
This looks fun and interesting! Got room for another leader? I've been playing VGC for a few years, so it'll translate pretty well into this if I understand the format correctly (6v6 doubles, right?).

I won't be available to start right away, since I have to get my breeding all set up, but I'd be glad to help out!

Hey there :D You're totally welcome to join; we just culled an inactive member from the roster in fact, so you're all good to just hop on. I'll PM you to establish your typings, and lets try and get a battle in sometime soon just for the sake of meeting each other ay?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
So is there a time or place where we should be looking for challenges? I see the two challengers in the other thread, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to be handling it from there. Should I be pm-ing them to set up a time? Should they be contacting me? Am I supposed to be available from X:00 to X:00 on a certain day? I wasn't around for the first round of this so I don't know how it was done in the past, but I really don't feel like playing phone tag to set up a pokemon battle. I've added everyone in the challenge thread to my friends list and I will be sitting in festival plaza from 8pm to 11pm EST on Mondays and Wednesdays for challenges. If that time doesn't work for anyone, send me a PM and we can figure out a time that would work. If there is a different way that this is usually handled let me know and I will adjust my plans, otherwise I'll stick to this.

Michael - 3883-9520-6456

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
So is there a time or place where we should be looking for challenges? I see the two challengers in the other thread, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to be handling it from there. Should I be pm-ing them to set up a time? Should they be contacting me? Am I supposed to be available from X:00 to X:00 on a certain day? I wasn't around for the first round of this so I don't know how it was done in the past, but I really don't feel like playing phone tag to set up a pokemon battle. I've added everyone in the challenge thread to my friends list and I will be sitting in festival plaza from 8pm to 11pm EST on Mondays and Wednesdays for challenges. If that time doesn't work for anyone, send me a PM and we can figure out a time that would work. If there is a different way that this is usually handled let me know and I will adjust my plans, otherwise I'll stick to this.

Michael - 3883-9520-6456
The way it worked in the previous iteration was that challengers were to make first contact with the gym leaders and not the other way around. Some of us had also posted in the challenge thread times we were likely to be available too. I imagine that hasn't changed for the new version of the Prism League.

One thing you guys might wanna do on the OP of the challenge thread is to list the battle format (singles/doubles) for each leader like last time. I know because we've had many-a battle before that sky and Polar do doubles, but other challengers might not know, and idk what format the rest of y'all are going to be fighting in.

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
@Nah: Good point. I'm available everyday from 5:00 to 8:00 pm GMT -8. I'll be running doubles.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
One thing you guys might wanna do on the OP of the challenge thread is to list the battle format (singles/doubles) for each leader like last time.

I agree that we need this. A lot of challengers will want to clear the leaders who play their own preferred format, then readjust their team for the other format to finish the circuit.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Awh crap, I completely forgot to put that in for everybody. Sorry guys, expect another round of PM's to make sure I have everyone's formats straight. Or reply here - I know myself, Sky, TGM, Alpha Luxray and Doodlebug are doubles, but I still need the rest of everybody's.

And as for setting up matches, Thopok - just check the challenge thread regularly, and more importantly PM's / VM's, as the challengers should be seeking you out. (ie; the challengers visit the gyms, challenge the leaders, etc.) To make that easier, you may have noticed that all the league members names in the Challenge Thread are also links to their individual PC profiles, so you can eeeeasily PM/VM anybody you want that's listed as a member there. That plays into their ability to choose the order of people they face too.

Speaking of, I'm posting my challenge team today. And I'm going after all y'all, so watch your PM's and other means of contact.

Edit: Holy sh*t. Six people locked down doubles right away. That means even if everyone left picked singles, it'd still be 6/5 majority doubles. The times they are a changing folks. Is singles finally shriveling up?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Attention all members - default badge names have been issued in the challenge thread as Temporary Placeholders for everyone's gyms. To select your badge name / symbol name, PM this account with what you want it to be - and it will be used in the challenge thread.

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
When you're waiting for someone to get back to you about a battle and they bounce.

Just wanted to say until I can get a battle in with Polar, I'll be taking a gym leader spot, handing out the Teravolt badge.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
When you're waiting for someone to get back to you about a battle and they bounce.

Just wanted to say until I can get a battle in with Polar, I'll be taking a gym leader spot, handing out the Teravolt badge.

Not sure what you're waiting on Alpha, but Polar has delegated all of us with our positions at this point in the OP.

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
@sky: Yeah, sorry, Polar mentioned a placement batttle and gettinit set up has been kind of hectic xP I'm set to battle any time.

Polar Spectrum

Years
So we had talks about this on a skype group, but I'd like to bring it up here.

We could use a mascot. For reasons.

So far, the nominations I REMEMBER (I didn't write them all down :c)

Prism League mascot candidates:
Sableye, Aurorus, Necrozma, Mega Steelix, Diancie, Carbink, Alolan Ninetales. & Regice

I'd like to put up a poll, but honestly I'm not sure if I can even do that :U

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Mega Diance would be awesome. Definitely one of my favorite Mega designs. My vote goes there.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Finally got that battle with Alpha Luxray in; and that makes almost all of the people who suck around.

And I'll just keep a running tally since I don't know how to do polls.

Sableye
Aurorus,
Necrozma, 1 (Polar,)
Mega Steelix,
Diancie, 1 (Alpha)
Carbink,
Alolan Ninetales.
Regice

Back