• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regarding the Editor

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
  • These are just minor differences, but I believe it would improve the usage of the editor itself.

Note that I'm referring to the external Editor for editing PBS data and such.

One of the key differences I've noticed in the few that were made to the Editor as Essentials progressed was the fact that the ability to scroll by using a bar of sorts on the right was removed.

Regarding the Editor

For instance, scrolling through the list of items was much more easier in previous versions of the editor (in the image, the one to the left is from the latest release, and the one to the right is from January 2010). Same applies for lists of Trainers, maps, etc..

Now, I'm aware that this is probably something minor (and more likely than not, few people know how to edit it, if any), but I think it's very useful for developers with rather lengthy lists, especially if the item, map or trainer you need to edit is the middle of said lengthy list.

The question, therefore, is if whether or not it is possible to return to this kind of navigation (and better yet, if people prefer it, which I'm pretty sure everyone does for the sake of simplicity).

Thanks in advance.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I think it would be nice to see that feature implemented again. As you said, it quickens up the process and is just more convenient for all of us.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    For fast scrolling, you can use the Page Up and Page Down buttons to shift a whole screen at once (+/-12 lines in your screenshots). That should be reasonable enough for most people.

This works in any scrolling window, including the Pokédex and the Bag in-game.

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Well that's nice!!!

By the way, question. If another version of this is made, how do we go about updating it? Is it an easy system?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For fast scrolling, you can use the Page Up and Page Down buttons to shift a whole screen at once (+/-12 lines in your screenshots). That should be reasonable enough for most people.

This works in any scrolling window, including the Pokédex and the Bag in-game.
    Why you don't change it to left/right keys like in official games? That's also make this more intuitive!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Because left/right are used for changing the Bag's pocket. The official games allow quick scrolling with the shoulder buttons, but there aren't any of those on a keyboard so we'd need to use a sensible alternative. The most logical choice are the Page Up/Page Down keys, because they say exactly what they do.

Back