• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regional Pokedex

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2021
    I need some help with making a regional pokedex.

I can't make it work in my game. I've changed Settings in scripts to:
    Code:
    DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = true
    DEXNAMES = [
       ["Aristos Pokédex",0],
       "National Pokédex"

And changed the name in townmap.txt

Also added "RegionalNumbers=" to pokemon in PBS pokemon.txt.

For example I want Chikorita to be the first in my regional dex, so in pokemon.txt:

Code:
    [152]
    Name=Chikorita
    InternalName=CHIKORITA
    Type1=GRASS
    BaseStats=45,49,65,45,49,65
    GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
    GrowthRate=Parabolic
    BaseEXP=64
    EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,0,1
    Rareness=45
    Happiness=70
    Abilities=OVERGROW
    HiddenAbility=LEAFGUARD
    Moves=1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,6,RAZORLEAF,9,POISONPOWDER,12,SYNTHESIS,17,REFLECT,20,MAGICALLEAF,23,NATURALGIFT,28,SWEETSCENT,31,LIGHTSCREEN,34,BODYSLAM,39,SAFEGUARD,42,AROMATHERAPY,45,SOLARBEAM
    EggMoves=ANCIENTPOWER,AROMATHERAPY,BODYSLAM,COUNTER,FLAIL,GRASSWHISTLE,HEALPULSE,INGRAIN,LEAFSTORM,LEECHSEED,NATUREPOWER,REFRESH,VINEWHIP,WRINGOUT
    Compatibility=1,7
    StepsToHatch=5355
    Height=0.9
    Weight=6.4
    Color=Green
    Habitat=Grassland
    Kind=Leaf
    Pokedex=It waves its leaf around to keep foes at bay. However, a sweet fragrance also wafts from the leaf, creating a friendly atmosphere that becalms the battlers.
    BattlerPlayerY=0
    BattlerEnemyY=14
    BattlerAltitude=0
    Evolutions=BAYLEEF,Level,16
    [B]RegionalNumbers=1[/B]

When I compile data and play the game Chikorita is still no. 152 when I check Pokedex. I also used "pbUnlockDex(0)" script, but nothing happened.

Can anyone help with that? Thanks in advance.

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
    Years
  • heyey,

I had first the same problem, but then I figured it out.

you have to use "pbUnlockDex(1)".
    "pbUnlockDex(0)" is the national Pokédex ;)

~flipy

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    FL is exactly right. There are two solutions depending on what you want to do.

Since the Dex viewed depends on location, it looks to see which region you're standing in. The map you're in doesn't belong to region 0 (the metadata hasn't been set for it), which is why it shows the National Dex instead.

I suspect you'll want to set DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to false (I think it's rare anyone would want this to be true if they have any Regional Dexes). The Aristos Dex will be unlocked by default, and you'll view that and have Chikorita as number 1. Later in the game, you can also unlock the National Dex, and then you'll be able to choose which one to view.

Of course, you should set the "Location" metadata for all your maps anyway.

heyey,

I had first the same problem, but then I figured it out.

you have to use "pbUnlockDex(1)".
    "pbUnlockDex(0)" is the national Pokédex ;)

~flipy
    That's simply wrong. 0 is the first Regional Dex, 1 is the second Regional Dex (which doesn't exist here), etc. -1 is the National Dex, but just using pbUnlockDex() unlocks the Nat Dex too.

Back