• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationship with your parents.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • What's your relationship with your parents / guardians / whoever you feel you should talk about like? What do you think of them?

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I have no problem with them, I'm open to them, and yeah. I mean I still want to leave this house, but I have reasons for doing so.

Hmm, not much to say tbh.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • My relationship with my parents is great, I feel like I can tell them anything that's bothering me, and they've always been supportive of me.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I get on with my mom quite well. It's my dad who I really despise because he's always aggressive for no reason.

pumpkinpie5

Veteran Legendary Collecter
    Years
  • I like my dad, but in my opinion my mom is a bit crazy...
    She has a brain disorder, which makes her over react a lot.
    Once when my bro got an F, my mom nearly killed him with a knife!
    I don't want to be in his situation...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My mom passed away in 08. My relationship with her was great and we always got along.
    My relationship with my dad is alright, I guess. We fight sometimes, but we go through long periods of time without any problems. It's definitely improved within the recent year or so.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My parents are psychos, lmao. My dad is just a fool, we co-exist fine most of the time, but don't have a good relationship. My mum is the opposite, I can have a nice chat but impossible to live with her. They're both very disappointing and lack common sense or the capability of maintaining any form of a good relationship; which explains why they've divorced, have no friends and have no good relationships with anybody in the family.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]My mom died in 2000 when I was 8. I didn't get a lot of time to build much of a relationship, but it pretty great. The relationship with my dad is good, but it could be better. We get in fights and arguments here to there, but most of the time we get along well.[/SIZE]

-Connor97-

Yeah that's that super bass
    Years
  • with my dad, its pretty good :33 , we laugh at each other and joke around. but im not similar to my mum >A<, but we still talk, just not with jokes and other funny things :PP

Years
  • My relationship with my mum is amazing, I can tell her anything and I can talk to her about anything. My stepdad on the other hand isn't the same. I can't have a conversation with him without it ending up with him shouting at me. I asked him today to give me the password for the router and he flipped because it turned out I was right about what I was suppose to do.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • I am incredibly close with my Mum, I'm always open to her if I have problems and despite occasional arguing I've always had an amazing relationship with her.

Ayselipera

My mom is really eccentric, loud, shameless, and maybe sometimes even oblivious. She has this deep down hatred for almost everyone, but will never admit it and tries to hide it by saying silly things lolol. We get along she's just annoying to put it bluntly and SHE LIES ALL THE TIME.

Then my dad is always so hung up on doing the "right thing" no matter how retarded it really is. Tries really hard to be a family man and will never let you put down the family in front of him. He always thinks he's right and if he does something it's okay, but if you do the same it's wrong. Once again we get along, but he just annoys me so much.

I don't talk much to either anymore. Especially my dad just because no matter what we talk about he will make it lead to a sore subject and then just start telling me what he doesn't like about it and how I should change it and I just DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So far, my relationship with my parents is good, but there are times when I argue with them, disagreeing with some rules, but we eventually get over those.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I get along fine with both of them. I'm definitely closer to my mom, but I like my dad plenty too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Eh. My birth parents and I have a very rocky relationship. We love each other dearly, but we don't see eye to eye on most things. My grandparents are the ones that have really done all the raising so I have more of a connection with the two of them. My real parents only started growing more active when it was my senior year in highschool because they realized it was near graduating time, and I was almost an adult. lol but yeahhhhh like I said. We love each other dearly just our relationship is very rocky. lol :)

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I.. don't really like them too much. I mean like sometimes their alright but then sometimes they're so annoying I wish they weren't my parents :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My relationship with my parents is strained. They have this inability to mind their own business and are always trying to poke their noses into my life to criticise it and/or try to change it. So my entire home life has basically become about me avoiding having any sort of conversation or interaction with them, because I know that if I talk to them for too long it will invariably end the same way - and it's not positive.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    My relationship with my parents is strained. They have this inability to mind their own business and are always trying to poke their noses into my life to criticise it and/or try to change it. So my entire home life has basically become about me avoiding having any sort of conversation or interaction with them, because I know that if I talk to them for too long it will invariably end the same way - and it's not positive.

If this isn't my life, I don't know what is! Despite the fact that my parents haven't been there for a majority of my life they feel that their opinion is necessary and that I should change my way of life until they're comfortable enough with it! And we always end up arguing about the same stuff. It's really draining and as much as I love them, our relationships are better with distance because we show so much more affection and love towards each other.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My mom and dad divorced when I was in elementary school and I haven't seen him since middle school so he doesn't really count. But for the record he's a pathological liar and has abandoned 5 children now, so not a great guy.

My mom has her faults but we still get along great. I show her the respect she deserves for all she does for me, and she respects most of my decisions and listens to what I have to say. I can talk to her about anything from if I'm doing badly in school or if I have an issue online or even sex with no worries about it being awkward or strange, and when I go home for breaks I usually don't hang out with friends so I can hang out more with her. Sure, she can be immature sometimes, and blow things out of proportion. But in the end everyone has faults and our amazing relationship makes up for them.

Back