• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
    Great LuHo!!
    Really the new TO-MAP it is very good!!!
    No but the bugs!!!.....
    But...
    When I increased the size of the map he really worked.... but when I went to see other maps they didn't work more.... I tried to use TELEPORTS but it always went to the MAP that had increased the size... it is as if when increasing the size he "stole" the data of the following map....
    To solve this problem I had to change the offset of the map with problem for a free offset!

But I hope that mistake doesn't disturb the course of my hack!!

Thank you for AMAP LuhO!!!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    Great LuHo!!
    Really the new TO-MAP it is very good!!!
    No but the bugs!!!.....
    But...
    When I increased the size of the map he really worked.... but when I went to see other maps they didn't work more.... I tried to use TELEPORTS but it always went to the MAP that had increased the size... it is as if when increasing the size he "stole" the data of the following map....
    To solve this problem I had to change the offset of the map with problem for a free offset!

But I hope that mistake doesn't disturb the course of my hack!!

Thank you for AMAP LuhO!!!

For me it works without problems...
    1. do you use the newest AM (1.92)?
    2. can you descripe a step for step description, how this error will occure always?

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
    1 - -----------------------------
    I am using AMAP 1.92!

2 --------------------------------
    - Well... initially I go ties the pewter city (it is where I am editing),
    - I am trying to do a cave with a map of the ROUTE 02 (3.15)....
    - I increase the size (for 40x40) and their change tilesets for the of ROCK TUNNEL cave.
    - I edit everything! EVERYTHING EVEN!
    - But when I will enter in the pewter houses (6.4 & 6.7) the map changed for the one of the cave (3.15) with the events of the house! And after entering in the map no there is as leaving!!
    - And that problem is happening whenever I change the size of a map!

PS: I will order you a PM with IPS gives HACK for you to verify better!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    This is what I mean. https://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/oddigem/?action=view&current=badname.jpg
    If I rename it, everything in bank 4 is renamed as well.

as i saied before...
    What do you mean with "it became PALETT TOWN"?
    the Name of an new map will have the same name. you must change the "nameindex" that should be used in the header view.

You cannot define a free text as an MapName!
    Each Map have a MapNameIndex. So each map with the same index have the same name.
    if you change a name each map with the same MapNameIndex will have your new name!

It is not possible to add new MapNameIndexes!

bevore your reneme am Map you can choose in the combobox, which nameindex you want to use/rename.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    TYVM FOR THE UPDATE, IT NEEDED IT BAD. plz add more features next time too, like when you create a new map and insert it, make it so it either starts a new map folder, or goes in to another one other than littleroot and pallett town.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Darn...I wish you could make this compatible with Windows 98...

then I could use it!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    TYVM FOR THE UPDATE, IT NEEDED IT BAD. plz add more features next time too, like when you create a new map and insert it, make it so it either starts a new map folder, or goes in to another one other than littleroot and pallett town.

Do you mean in the "from ini" part?
    sorry, i don't see any sense in this part, it is only there because of backwards compatibility...
    If you do not like the sort by Bank . map in from header, you can change them to "sort by map name".....
    the ini's are an export from this view.....

Thanks. I figured out how. Will you fix the trainer tower thing though? It's easier to see the sprites to get the right person you want.

the picture number of theas people are higher than 240.
    but above this number there are no more sprites....
    in the Rubin and saphier i know how the game will calculate the showed sprite number, but in emerald and FR/LG i don't know it...

i have ask a colleague if he could analyse it, but don't became an answer yet.

hey LU-HO you should add a text editor with the Advance Map program that works on pokemon emerald.

Sorry, AdvanceMap is an Map editor, not an Script editor.
    The Texts are part of the Scripts, so use a Scripteditor or a Texteditor like AdvanceText/Tingy32.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
    with the Linux computer I tried 4 different scenarios, 2 with wine(the windows emulator) 2 without, 2 with a clean rom, 2 with a hacked rom. each time the same errors came up that I described last time. fortunately my windows XP computer is back(but with all the files gone :( don't you just hate worms?) and it seems to work on here.

one recommendation i would make is being able to select a default option when you click load rom, instead of it going to the "my documents" folder. other than that i like what you've done with it, and I've had fun messing around with the new features. thanks.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    Maybe this question has been asked many times, but how do i "add" not replace maps on advance map?

Hi Dr.Razor

Yes this was asked many times, but i will explain it for you one time more.

1. Open AdvanceMap and your Rom.
    2. Press the 3. Button in the AM Toolbar ("Create new map")
    3. there will appear a new window, set the options you want and than press the "create" button.
    4. create the content for your map.
    5. if you now press the save button, it will save the Map to a *.map file.
    6. if you have finished your map, you can press the 4. Button in the AM Toolbar ("Insert map")
    7. a new Window will appear. Here you can set where you want to insert your map.
    8. choose the last of the three possibility's. Select the Bank Number (or "New bank") where you wand add your Map. say how reserved maps you want, and press the "Create and insert" button.
    9. finish. your map is inserted in your rom.

Greetz LU-HO

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    This is the Best Tool in the work!!! i love Advance MAp!!! i so easy of use.

Thanks Lu-Ho!!!!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    Uhm, he would if he could. At the moment, it's almost impossible to get hold of the data of the maps in DS games.

But, people are working on it!

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Pathetic, I hate it...complete crap :D
    Nah man dang woop, thanks for this. You are win -_- that is all
    Man...capped net and this slows down to 200 bytes/ps -_- Nothin is worth that :P I'll wait but added it to favourites.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back