• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • there is something thats bothering me, a bug..it was in 1.82 to, but i thought someone had reported it..
    when u insert a block tileset, some of ur tiles gets corrupted
    :o
    but u cant see it in amap, u have to be in the game to see it
    things like this:
    erorscreenkt3.png

and those trees arent really there in amap :/

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • there is something thats bothering me, a bug..it was in 1.82 to, but i thought someone had reported it..
    things like this:
    erorscreenkt3.png

Is there a Map change (a connection) some where?
    i think this are the Border Block you see here.
    so you haven't set the connections correct ...

Tutti

Developer of Pkmn Dawn MMORPG
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    there is something thats bothering me, a bug..it was in 1.82 to, but i thought someone had reported it..
    things like this:
    erorscreenkt3.png

hmm...
    have you tried to change the map in the game.
    For exampe fly to another city and walk back to that place where the error is?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    well its my map actulie the tiles are not vieuwable and there nothing wrong with height and weight and conection.

so what is wrong?

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • Hi, well, this error doesnt appear to me, it appears to a friend that doesnt speak english, so i post
    for him ^^
    He says that when he put in "Save TileSet 1" this error appears:
    errornecroangelui3.png

But it appears only when he save with the palls 0,4,7,10,11,12,13,14
    What happens?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Wow, it's awesome. Love the world map edition feautre. what does the change routine button do to the rom exactly? And what about fly/display flags? I get what they are but, will it allow me to add more putting my own flags? *gotta try it*. Shouldn't display flags -they're the dungeon's info thing, right?- have a pointer associated for the text or something like that? What does the flying position info contain? How does one control the dimensions of a route in the map (for example, most routes are 3 tiles long, or 3 tiles wide?

It's a lot of questions, I know, but well. Some of them I will figure them out later on when I mess with this.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I have a glitch LU-HO

Whenever you try to change the name of a map, it crashes the entire area if you just switched to it.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Hi, well, this error doesnt appear to me, it appears to a friend that doesnt speak english, so i post
    for him ^^
    He says that when he put in "Save TileSet 1" this error appears:
    errornecroangelui3.png

But it appears only when he save with the palls 0,4,7,10,11,12,13,14
    What happens?

That's because you have 2 excatly same colors in yours palette

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    i fixed the error of me but about pal 13,14,15 and even more they don't need to be removed there handy only not within am much with pal editing when editing in hex the colors come right without hex causes no good colors.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Wow, it's awesome. Love the world map edition feautre. what does the change routine button do to the rom exactly? And what about fly/display flags? I get what they are but, will it allow me to add more putting my own flags? *gotta try it*. Shouldn't display flags -they're the dungeon's info thing, right?- have a pointer associated for the text or something like that? What does the flying position info contain? How does one control the dimensions of a route in the map (for example, most routes are 3 tiles long, or 3 tiles wide?

It's a lot of questions, I know, but well. Some of them I will figure them out later on when I mess with this.

Hey, Teh Baro, read my worldmap tutorial in order to get some answers. For everything else... it would be good if you had some reversing skills.

greetz
    MX

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Very nice indeed. The interface is a lot cleaner as well. I like the pallete editor but the world map editor sucks.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years

• I found a glitch in advance map 1.90.
    Instructions on how to reproduce the glitch:
    Spoiler:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I love this. Thank you so much LU-HO and everyone who worked on this! It's got everything I wanted, and some things I hadn't realized I wanted until I looked at it!

I do have a question though, how exactly do I use the world map editor? I can't seem to get it to change anything. For example, I'll click on Pallet Town and change it's X and Y position in the little box, yet it doesn't move at all. Heck, I even tried to drag it. Same with the routes and such. How is it supposed to work?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Hello LU-HO,
    I like your Advance Map Upgrade. It's pretty good.
    I have a question regarding the Script Editor. I attempted to open it with Notepad++ to use it with my Add-on for PokeScript. However unknown characters in the editor would imply that the Script Editor should actually be called a Hex Editor?
    If you could get back to me on what kind of Script or Hex Editor I should be using that would be great. As the name "Script Editor" has me confused.

Thanks
    --Leon Blade

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Well, despite what some people are saying about the world map editor, I think it's great! It does work, here is some proof:

There that shows what you can do with a little effort. If you read Zel's hex tutorial in M_X's map lesson it's quite easy to understand.

I do have one question for LU-HO. On the second level data, for extra features on the map, that appear as a blue dot, they appear in red if they weren't originally used as map features. Here's an example:

Any idea how to make it turn orange?

Thanks

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I have a glitch LU-HO

Whenever you try to change the name of a map, it crashes the entire area if you just switched to it.
    what do you mean with "rashes the entire area" i geht no error ...

I think that I can translate it into Chinese,I just need a word list
    in AdvanceMap directory under /ini/Sprachen/ there are all language files.
    copy the english (or an other) and translate to your language.
    send me the file in unicode format, and i wil insert in in the next language pack^^

I found a glitch in advance map 1.90.
    Instructions on how to reproduce the glitch:
    Spoiler:
    It seems there is e error in the loading routine für Mapfiles...
    i will add it to my bug list... -_-"

I love this. Thank you so much LU-HO and everyone who worked on this! It's got everything I wanted, and some things I hadn't realized I wanted until I looked at it!

I do have a question though, how exactly do I use the world map editor? I can't seem to get it to change anything. For example, I'll click on Pallet Town and change it's X and Y position in the little box, yet it doesn't move at all. Heck, I even tried to drag it. Same with the routes and such. How is it supposed to work?
    after changing the X and Y positon you must press Save Position.
    if you would now start the rom and go to this town and open the map the curser will start at tne new position (this x/y data is only for this information...)
    to change the data where the town/routes are, you must change the mapdata(Value or chombobox), not the namedata.
    you must change the value for each x/y coordinate possibility on the map.
    after saving the change your finished.

Hello LU-HO,
    I like your Advance Map Upgrade. It's pretty good.
    I have a question regarding the Script Editor. I attempted to open it with Notepad++ to use it with my Add-on for PokeScript. However unknown characters in the editor would imply that the Script Editor should actually be called a Hex Editor?
    If you could get back to me on what kind of Script or Hex Editor I should be using that would be great. As the name "Script Editor" has me confused.

Thanks
    --Leon Blade
    you must use a "script decompiler" a tool who can read the "hexdatas" and make "scriting command" from it. ScriptED work (if you coppy rubikon.dat in the dir where the rom is..) i haven't test much script editors with AM, becouse i know none of them ^^"

Well, despite what some people are saying about the world map editor, I think it's great! It does work, here is some proof:

There that shows what you can do with a little effort. If you read Zel's hex tutorial in M_X's map lesson it's quite easy to understand.

I do have one question for LU-HO. On the second level data, for extra features on the map, that appear as a blue dot, they appear in red if they weren't originally used as map features. Here's an example:

Any idea how to make it turn orange?

Thanks
    "if they weren't originally used as map features" what do you mean with this?

have you set a Flag value?
    have try to use the same flag as on an other of the blue one? perhabs there are only a list of compatible flags... (I dont know)

a other idee i havnt for the moment.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I really can't explain this glitch anymore than what I did...

I'll make a video to show you exactly what happens, maybe you could make some sense of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back