• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Release Date Discussion [June 23 - Japan] [Q3 - Worldwide]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh awesome! Finally our wait has payed off! By the way is it me or is this gen going by fast? Next year's remakes...then the year after that comes Gen VI...in Japan of course...

It's quite strange that it comes out in June of this year...but that means we should get it here by december :D!

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
    I think they will be full blown sequel's...at least that's the impression I'm getting from the 2 in the titles...
    So now the game came out 1 and a half year after Bw...could that games will be coming out in June in Japan from now on?

Yes they finally are in their corresponding colors...

Also maybe the reason for the early release was so that GF could get one
    final game before the end of the world, xD.

I don't think we'll get a new travel location. I can see a more developed Story for Plasma, Gheistis, the Sages, the Goddesses, Alder, and The Shadow Triad. Maybe more for the Muskedeer and Kami trio as well.

I can't see them using the "God Stone" but I do see them using the other stones like the Gracidea.

I can see that coastal city near the ruins or Lancousa Town becoming the new Battle Fronteir entrances if we get that. (Please don't say that there will be a battle frontier. Gamefreak just trolled us in the most hardcore way anything is possible now.)
    True...they did >_>.
    I think you mean Light and Dark stones.
    This game will proably come out before Chrismas.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
    There's so much speculation, let's wait and see what the next few weeks reveal, we've no idea what these games are about yet.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I'm glad these release dates are so soon. It means they're anxious to get this out to possibly move onto other titles. :P
    It also means we'll get these games, as well as their information much sooner than we have in the past with other games.

Ooo! I didn't notice this, but it comes out two days before my birthday in Japan. Maybe they'll be working fine on emulators by then!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've already had to delete 11 posts from here, and as a result I've had to merge four of MRAS' posts so he didn't double post. I don't want to have to delete more because people aren't reading the title.

This thread is only to discuss the release date. Use the other threads for everything else please.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm glad these release dates are so soon. It means they're anxious to get this out to possibly move onto other titles. :P
    It also means we'll get these games, as well as their information much sooner than we have in the past with other games.

Well I mean Platinum was announced in May and released in September. Emerald was announced July and released September. This isn't really fast for a third game. It just means it's like all other third games pretty much. They don't have as much to release as far as info so it's faster.

I'm super psyched though. Definitely getting one of these. Idk which yet though! :3

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I was expecting to get these this year but a Summer release for us or a Christmas one will be great. Sometime during a holidays so we can have time off school to play like the Spring Break release of last year.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I might end up importing this from Japan depending on how good this looks, the fact that we already have a release date pushes them to start churning out information and fast.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Well, I have a feeling they might just release the games at the same time in America that they do in Japan. More or less. Kinda like how Skyward Sword was released.

I feel this way because the American pokemon site announced the games at the same time the Japanese one did. I don't remember that happening with Pokemon Black and White 1.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Well, I have a feeling they might just release the games at the same time in America that they do in Japan. More or less. Kinda like how Skyward Sword was released.

I feel this way because the American pokemon site announced the games at the same time the Japanese one did. I don't remember that happening with Pokemon Black and White 1.

I was actually thinking/hoping that as well since America already has the site up, though I feel we would have got the release date too. The site still just says TBA. D:
    Maybe if not at the same time we'll get release dates that aren't very far apart from Japan's.

We can still hope though!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I doubt the games will be released at the same tie in the US/EU as the Japan one. Normally it is a few months after so I would say the US/EU one would be more than likely around september/october time.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Wait didn't Gamestop and Pokemon.com have the info up at the same time for BW ?

Years
    The fact that these cames came so early makes me wonder if Rs remakes will come out in Winter for their 10th anniversary.
    On topic: I hope they're released early...though that trouble's me cause I planned on buying Kh3D which comes out in July...I might not have enough money to buy it right away...oh well should start saving up...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Well who knows, this could possibly be a repeat of 2004 where a remake (FR/LG) and a third version (Emerald) come out in the same year. To me though, I really just have a feeling they are releasing it now to get it out since its a DS title so they can move on and work on 3DS titles. Who knows though.

Im just happy its being released early in Japan because it means we will probably get it this year too! The fact they announced it in America the same time as Japan is odd. It would be great if we got it at the same time as Japan but if we were Im pretty sure they would have just said it. I think we'll likely get it somewhere between September - November.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
    I'm hoping they come out relatively soon in the US, around September-October. Although they're probably not going to get here until December or so.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm guessing holiday season. The other gens (excepting first) have had 5-6 month waits, so that would put us November/December, perfect timing for holiday season here.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Wait didn't Gamestop and Pokemon.com have the info up at the same time for BW ?

No, Black and White was announced in Japan first, then when Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed they were then announced in EU/US. It wasn't a huge gap, but a gap nevertheless. Black and White were able to be translated quicker than usual before, so I can't see Black 2 and White 2 having a huge difference in release date. I wouldn't be surprised if it's October/November if they aren't released at the same time.

Back