• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religious beliefs?

Religious affiliations/beliefs?

• Total voters

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
    Years
    I have no official religion. It's not that I'm Atheist, it's more that my beliefs go under more than one religion.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I would say I'm a devout Roman Catholic, but then I bring disgrace when I say that so, I'll just say I'm an active, practicing Catholic. I'm not a stick in the mud though. =\

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    I recently figured out I'm a dystheist. I believe that God is not 100% good. Yet I believe/worship in my own way; I think it's because I'm some sort of masochist, lol.

I have a problem despite that though, even though I believe in God, I hate/shun religion at the same time. Don't ask how that works out. :/

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I'm an agnostic. I find it illogical to believe in a deity when there is no evidence... but most logical arguments behind complete atheism are based on a priori reasoning, which I am loath to use in this context. Either way, I'm not even sure whether or not I want there to be a god (although I probably want there to be an afterlife, even if I don't believe in one). One thing for sure is that I believe that no religion that I know of is true if their beliefs and texts are taken literally. Another thing is that I place scientific and other empirically and logically grounded knowledge above religious beliefs.

However, I can see why people want to believe in a god, and I don't think that believing in a god makes a person stupid or gullible (but maybe less-than-perfectly-empirical). I think that some high-profile atheists, like Richard Dawkins and James Randi, are sort of jerks, although there are plenty of jerks on the other side, too. What annoys me is when religious people try to mix religion with logic or science, like when foolish fundamentalists try to get creationism taught alongside evolution. It's like saying that churches have to teach the virtues of Paganism at Sunday school.

Back