• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religious beliefs?

Religious affiliations/beliefs?

• Total voters

Akumu Senshi

Don't worry. It's fatal.
    Years
    The question is pretty self-explanatory. What religious beliefs do you follow, if you have any religious affiliation?

Vote in the poll above and state a little bit about your beliefs of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Islam. It makes the most sense + humans haven't editted it. Everyone has the same version and reads the same text (although translations are really distorted).

Yay for Jesus, Mohammed, and other prophets :]

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The question is pretty self-explanatory. What religious beliefs do you follow, if you have any religious affiliation?

Debates (intelligent debates, please) are welcome, as long as there's no flaming.

Vote in the poll above. Discuss.
    Clearly you don't understand the purpose of Other Voting Polls. Other Voting Polls houses polls and limited discussion. I'm going to keep this here and open since, so long as there is no discussion, we've allowed those threads in the past. If it's moved to Other Chat, it'll only turn into a debate and closed immediately soon after the thread shows the slightest sign of turning to a flamefest of "my religion is better than yours."

I'm going to watch this thread closely and delete any replies (or modify the parts that I feel someone would go against) I feel would cause problems with someone wanting to reply and reading through. Simply state your religion, and anything you'd like regarding it and it alone.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I added it to the poll. I feel that "Other" is a little disrespectful, so if you have a religion you are and don't see it, post here what it is and I'll try to add it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm a confirmed Roman Catholic, but over the past year or so I've reached a middle ground between traditional Christianity and Deism.

I pray to God for guidance when I need it, but I haven't attended mass in about a month, and that was for a wedding...the last time before that was about two years ago. I just haven't been fond of the Catholic Church and its hierarchy ever since the current pope came about.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I identify with atheism but, really, I'm more apathetic than everything.

It's not that I don't believe in a higher power, it's just... I really don't care if there is one or not. :/ That and I personally feel that if there is a higher power, they really don't care or pay enough attention to humans anyway, so I doubt he/she/it would notice if people were praying to him/her/it. *shrug*

I respect when people are religious so long as it isn't forced on me. But I've no interest in any of it myself. Maybe that'll change in the future but for now, I've no religious affiliation.

Except Lightningism. 8)

Years
    I identify with atheism but, really, I'm more apathetic than everything.
    I'm also an apatheist.

I always thought of religion as something that happened to other people. It took a long time for it to occur to me that I could be religious if I wanted to be, and even then it seemed odd like wearing shoes that don't fit. I understand its importance and appeal to some people, but in a sort of nebulous, depersonalized way since I can't really imagine myself being religious.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'm a protestant christian, but I've never liked how my peers try to force their beliefs on others, so I don't do that. I don't even like going to church, since most churches are full of people who judge others based on their appearance, among other things.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon), and I have been since I was baptized at 8!

Which is odd, considering most outside influences were saying otherwise.

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I believe in God, but I don't identify myself with any religions. That said, I do like to learn from any religion, whether to see from others point of view, or to add to my own.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Although I would normally pick no affiliation, ever since I learned about deism this semester, I've been leaning towards being a deist like my buddy, Benjamin Franklin. I just like the fact that they think humans should have their own free will and that they should live their life to the fullest, but all the same, they don't reject the idea that there is a higher power that created everything whether it's God or something/someone else.

rossbot

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    Reformed Protestant. The Presbyterian Church In America aligns with what I think most, though it ain't perfect.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    I'm a protestant christian, but I've never liked how my peers try to force their beliefs on others, so I don't do that. I don't even like going to church, since most churches are full of people who judge others based on their appearance, among other things.

I could second this. I consider myself nondenominational because I disagree with certain things in nearly every denomination. I believe in the Bible, and read it when I can. I'm not the most devout Christian ever, but I believe in God and nothing will change that.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    I believe that books are holy, as stated in Hinduism.
    I do always respect books, I say sorry to the almighty if I by mistakely put my leg over a book..

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I am cutting you some slack.

Mmm.. a tasty slice of slack!

These threads never last for long because some people cannot, or most often choose not to, act maturely.

I was raised as a Protestant Christian (Church of Scotland) but never nought into it and am now a dysteleologist, a slight variant of aethism but never, never, never to be associated with agnosticism.

Back