• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Replay Value

Years
  • Which one of the mainstream Pokemon Games has the best Replay Value? Replay Value, for those that don't know, is what makes a game worth playing time and time again. In my opinion, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver have the best replay value. They have a variety of Pokemon to choose from, 493 to be exact, and there's still a large selection if you don't have access to another DS to trade with. It also features 2 regions to traverse, and most of the battles don't require you to have to go through extreme grinding, save maybe the Pokemon League. So, which of the games have the best Replay Value?

Years
  • I agree with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Idk, when I attempt to play through D/P/P again, I get bored easily. Same with my R/S/E games.

HG/SS is where it's at :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Diamond. I have spent a crap load of time on Platinum and Heartgold, so sometimes I want to revert back to the original. Diamond gives me a nostalgic feeling (even though its been out for only 5 years lol) I like to see how things were before Platinum came out. I was so used to the changes that reverting back to Diamond gave me a shock.

Im odd like that xDD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Platinum, I don't know what it is about it but I always feel the urge to play through it again, not only has it got the great storyline, it's also got a fun post-storyline too!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The games with the most replay value for me are RSE and HGSS. :) After playing White, I realized that it's a great storage game. XD; I'm looking forward to playing Black in English and knowing what's going on, but I don't think it'll be a game I'll be restarting over and over. :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. There's plenty to do after the National Dex (Kanto, Red). Platinum is at a close second.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Oh, also Emerald, and most probally White when I get it, I can see myself playing it over and over, and then the third game of the B/W series :)

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • Which one has the best? Huh, I guess I should say SS/HG simply because of all it offers. Though I really think they all have alot of replay value and it just depends on my mood at the time to which of the games I end up playing

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think Platinum has good replay value well for me anyways :'3

I remember always resetting R & S. XD

But HG/SS Do have good RV.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I think G/S/C, especially Crystal, has amazing replay value. They are so old and they glitch up, and they are nowhere near as popular and beloved as they were back in their time, but the excitement I felt as a child never died when I played them, and I find that they amused me for much longer than the others. I think HG/SS are kind of skaky re-makes for such a good game, but they don't have nearly the replay value that their originals have. But that's just me, I would rather replay the G/S/C games because I have the earliest and happiest memories with them.

Back