• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Not sure if somebody already noticed this:

surf_bug1
kht9bDo.png

surf_bug2
2RRUK3b.png

I assume that this shouldn't happen.
The player can surf independently of a tile being above the water.
Also, events in the water can walk through it.

Here is a provisional fix I made that seems satisfactory:
Spoiler:
This is far from a perfect fix, but the idea is to point out a future hotfix regarding this.

Last edited:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Not sure if this error happens to everyone but for me, encrypting the game leads to names of PBS classes becoming blank, and some other missing thing.
All of the Pokemon, items, cities' names are blank in-game.

Years
  • Age 109
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
I noticed that all particles effects used in the example maps (Route 3) are no longer working in Essentials v19.1.

This happens with the vanilla version of Essentials, and therefore isn't related to any modification on my part.

I am using the latest hotfix made available by Maruno, however there does not seem to be any fix for that particular issue.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Thanks !

Years
Hi I am having a problem with v19.1.

Every time I close the test game. Do I have to add the regionaldex.dat, species.dat, ribbon.dat and a few more in data folder. How come he keeps losing these files?

Years
After I adjust the encounters and close Debug mode and want to start it again later, I get the error below while I don't change anything in those files.

--------------------------------
Debug Output:
--------------------------------

*** Starting full compile ***

Compiling town map data
Compiling map connection data
Compiling phone data
Compiling type data
Compiling ability data
Compiling move data
Compiling item data
Compiling berry plant data
Compiling Pokémon data
Exception `RuntimeError' at 366:Compiler:331 - Undefined value SLUSHRUSH in GameData::Ability
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 613, key Abilities
SNOWCLOAK,SLUSHRUSH

Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/encounters.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/form2species.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/regional_dexes.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/ribbons.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/shadow_movesets.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_eggmoves.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_evolutions.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_metrics.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_movesets.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/tm.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_lists.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_types.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 366:Compiler:839 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainers.dat

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I having problem with 19.1 version
After I start a game in clean Ess 19+, the map going to black and can't move, Text going weird, just the overworld can show it.
How to fix that ?

Years
There's a bug in the Events.onStepTaken were if you are walking and press esc at the same time sometimes the StepTaken will loop in the esc menu, so if you have a counter (example: $PokemonGlobal.happinessSteps += 1) the counter will count extremely fast in the loop until you press esc again. I partially fix it putting the condition: next if $game_temp.in_menu== true, so the script don't execute while in menu.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 23, 2021
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
369:Compiler_MapsAndEvents:1383:in `sort'
369:Compiler_MapsAndEvents:1383:in `compile_trainer_events'
366:Compiler:727:in `compile_all'
366:Compiler:832:in `main'
372:Main:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
372:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
372:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
372:Main:44:in `block in <main>'
372:Main:43:in `loop'
I'm very stumped

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 12, 2022
Whenever I try to playtest or directly run Game.exe, the popup screen is black. I know it isn't a problem with RPG Maker, because when I've started a new project, playtesting works. I saw someone else posted about this issue but didn't get any fixes. There are also no error codes that come up when this happens - the popup screen opens, but nothing plays.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Try leaving it for several minutes, mine takes several minutes for it to load past the blank screen

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
Hi Everyone,
i encountered a strange Problem with the Dynamic Shadows.
When you have a Map Transfer while other Events having a Shadow displayed, this Shadow will be kept to the next Map, even if there is no Light Source etc.
The Error happens in a fresh copy of Essentials V19.1.

The Problem looks like this:
(Entering the Door and after the map transfer the shadow of the Blackbelt is still there, while the players shadow is gone)

Attachments

• DebugShadow1.JPG
    DebugShadow1.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DebugShadow2.JPG
    DebugShadow2.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
Years
Walking around on the completely-unedited Lappet Town overworld map causes this error to appear in my debug log, and there's a lag spike every time it happens...

*** BUG ***
In pixman_region_union_rect: Invalid rectangle passed
Set a breakpoint on '_pixman_log_error' to debug

Years
Turns out the problem causing this was on my end, my custom tileset was too big.

However, here's a game-crashing glitch in the current Pokemon Essentials version:

The Day Care lady crashes the game. Her scripts no longer function. Is she trying to use deprecated functions?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
In v19.1, when an enemy trainer Pokemon holds a Gem, it will always proc it when it attacks, regardless if the gem is the same type as the move.

Years
Error in 19.1:

Exporting and compiling the game puts a "test.002" file outside the main EXE. The EXE will extract when prompted but will not actually run the game.

The game runs fine in my RPG Maker build. But Compiling the game causes problems I do not know how to fix.

tymime

Action Gamemaster
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Testing 19.1 in Windows 10, and whenever I get to a menu, I can't use the arrow keys to move up and down. The menu just locks up and all I can do is exit it.
Needless to say, this makes playing the demo impossible. Any clue what the issue might be?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2023
Have you fixed this problem yet? I have the same problem. Every time I have to use the up and down keys the arrow disappears, I can still move up or down but apart from the count it is not possible to understand where your choice is.

Years
About Pokémon Essentials V.20 ;
-When my Pokémon is fainted, I don't have "K-O" but "PKRS" as picture in the Pokémon menu in fight. (I unintentionally restarted the game with F12 when I wanted to take a screenshot like on Steam... XD).
-When we are with May and we go to the West way of Route 3, she automaticaly left us. But in fight, she's always with us.

EDIT May 25th
-When my first Pokémon is fainted, I start a battle VS a wild Pokémon and I send my second Pokémon. I use a Revive on my first Pokémon, but this one is on the first position in the team menu. After the first Pokémon can fight, I send it in fight, but in the menu, it takes the second position.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 109
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
I am experiencing a strange bug with vanilla Essentials V20 and hotfix 1.0.5 (although the bug also happens without any hotfix) : when I try to playtest, the main game window does not appear and the debug window only displays "RGSS version 1 (RPG Maker XP)". It stays stuck indefinitely and the game never starts.

Playtesting v19.1 works fine so that's definitely a problem with v20.

Back