• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Repositioning all 500+ sprites

Years
  • This may not seem important, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I need to reposition EVERY SINGLE POKEMON in the ENTIRE GAME, help? Or at least a script that changes the auto-positioning.

Years
  • mustafa is not very specific, there's a lot of coordinates in there.

Code:
    # Coordinates of the centre bottom of the player's battler's sprite
      # Is also the centre middle of its shadow
      [COLOR="red"]PLAYERBATTLER_X   = 128
      PLAYERBATTLER_Y   = SCREEN_HEIGHT_BATTLE - 80[/COLOR]
      PLAYERBATTLERD1_X = PLAYERBATTLER_X - 48
      PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y = PLAYERBATTLER_Y
      PLAYERBATTLERD2_X = PLAYERBATTLER_X + 32
      PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y = PLAYERBATTLER_Y + 16

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the foe's battler's sprite
      # Is also the centre middle of its shadow
      [COLOR="Red"]FOEBATTLER_X      = Graphics.width - 128
      FOEBATTLER_Y      = (SCREEN_HEIGHT_BATTLE * 3/4) - 112[/COLOR]
      FOEBATTLERD1_X    = FOEBATTLER_X + 48
      FOEBATTLERD1_Y    = FOEBATTLER_Y
      FOEBATTLERD2_X    = FOEBATTLER_X - 32
      FOEBATTLERD2_Y    = FOEBATTLER_Y - 16

The red lines are the ones you want to change. These are the positions of your trainer and player sprites, and your battler sprites are set to match (the centers of them).

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • I'm using the X and Y animated sprites pack with this and I get an error at line 103.

Some sprites were fine and some were off, btw.

Years
  • I'm using the X and Y animated sprites pack with this and I get an error at line 103.

Some sprites were fine and some were off, btw.

No one knows what's in your scripts. You didn't even say which section. If you get an error, post the error report and the method or whatever that contains that line (highlight which one 103 is). If some are off, you can manually adjust their y values in the pokemon.txt .

Bowlstir

Years
  • No one knows what's in your scripts. You didn't even say which section. If you get an error, post the error report and the method or whatever that contains that line (highlight which one 103 is). If some are off, you can manually adjust their y values in the pokemon.txt .

mej come on man lighten up.

Obviously my error is in this section, and thanks for the tip about y values in pokemon.txt

I've also been using the editor but that takes forever.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • You can get better accuracy with the editor, but I would make sure to have a back-up copy of your pokemon txt file just in case. It's pretty mindless work.

Bowlstir

Years
  • You can get better accuracy with the editor, but I would make sure to have a back-up copy of your pokemon txt file just in case. It's pretty mindless work.

The editor keeps crashing on me, it's so annyoing

"Exception: RGSSError
    etc...

Ughhhhhhhhhhh

Back