• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Republican 2012 Candidates

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    One Cain is toast, that makes Gingrich, Paul, and Romney the top-tier. Perry's 15 minutes of fame are up, and soon will be Cain's. Paul has a real shot, but it won't be easy.

Unless the Republicans have been purposely keeping Paul out of the spotlight (all the media, even the Republican ones, have basically ignored his candidacy for the most part), I don't see him faring well against Romney. Thats at least how I see it for him having a good overall chance. He himself may get his own 15 minutes of fame like Cain and Perry.

THough I seriously doubt that either Romney or Paul have enough to beat Obama.

Years
  • I'm surprised no one has really brought up that Romney is Mormon, anyway I am one so anyone who thinks Mormons are like cultists or something crazy read this http://www.the-broad-side.com/the-truth-about-mormons-and-mitt-romney. This was written by someone who left the church it my broaden your views on him.

I would hope that in this day and age, it shouldn't matter what religeous denomination he is. However, this is the republican presidential race, so....

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • THough I seriously doubt that either Romney or Paul have enough to beat Obama.

Although I like Obama, I don't really see him being a two term president... Unless Bachman is the republican candidate.

You know what would be interesting? Romney as president and Paul as vice president. Or switch the two. Either one would be a interesting combination.

Zet

Years
  • No more pokemon quotes: Herman Cain drops from republican presidential race

Herman Cain, former Republican candidate in the presidential primary, and author of the controversial 9-9-9 tax bill, as well as recipient of several sexual harassment complaints and various other accounting's of his alleged sexual peccadilloes, just announced that he will not continue to seek the Republican nomination for president.

Cain claimed his decision to withdraw was based on the false and unproved accusations he says has made for a "tremendous and painful price on my family." He went on to say that he is "at peace with my God." and "at peace with my wife, family and myself." He further discussed plan "A" which was his presidential campaign but will suspend this plan in favor of "Plan B" his self proclaimed "Cain Solutions dot com," where he will continue to be a vocal presence on the political stage.

Herman Cain's big decision was announced to an attentive media and supporters gathered in a festive atmosphere for the opening of his new state headquarters in Atlanta. The New York Times points out it would be odd to go out amid such fanfare, but he did nonetheless. "You'd surmise not," says Cain's press secretary in Georgia.

Cain's departure will likely not have a huge impact on the remaining candidates as he is polling at around 8%.

What are your thoughts on the Herman Cain departure? Do you think he should have stayed in and toughed it out?
    source: http://madmikesamerica.com/2011/12/breaking-herman-cain-out-suspends-presidential-campaign/

A good source of entertainment and pokemon quotes has stopped trying to be president.

What are your thoughts on this and do you think Bachmann should also do the same?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    What a shame, he was a valuable source of entertainment for a long time. Jon Stewart will be heartbroken.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Ron Paul is now in 2nd, behind Gingrich in the Iowa polls. It is sickening how much support he has, yet the media is blocking him out. Romney is in third, and Cain has dropped out, yet both of those candidates get at least 10 times as much coverage.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • If Paul wants coverage, do something news-story-worthy.

Like quote pokemon. Or have extremist views. Or be accused of sexual harassment.

In Pauls case no news, is good news.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    RON PAUL 2012!!!

Gingrich is a corporate shill who supports individual mandates, free college for illegals, and believes in the global warming hoax.

Years
  • If Paul wants coverage, do something news-story-worthy.

Like quote pokemon. Or have extremist views. Or be accused of sexual harassment.

In Pauls case no news, is good news.
    Paul gets no coverage because he doesn't have the poll numbers that others have/had and his brand of extremist views don't jive with the Bachmann/Perry/Cain/Gingrich kind of extreme views, which are for some reason what Republican primary voters seem to like.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Poll numbers for the general electorate.

The point is that he has been ignored by the media, and therefore the general electorate don't know enough to vote for him. All they hear is that he is an extremist or a non-threat to the GOP rivals.

He has won the majority of straw polls because when he is able to talk to the constituents they believe that he has the best plan for our economy and other issues.

Since the media ignores him, he has focused all of his time, money, and energy into the grassroots movement in Iowa. If he wins this primary, then the national media will not be able to continue to ignore him.

In addition, polling third with the general electorate means that he is a top-tier candidate, so he does deserve way more coverage. I can't believe he is doing so well given the fact he is never mentioned in the news. When Newt's baggage is unearthed, and he has alot of it, then I think this is going to be a very close race.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Poll numbers for the general electorate.

Iowans are and those in New Hampshire are voting in less than a month. Most voters won't vote from February at the earliest to as late as June. The early states are what matter at this point.

Years
  • He does have higher numbers now, yes, in Iowa, but he was always relatively stable nation-wide and quite a bit behind Romney so his stability isn't as noteworthy as Romney's. He never shot to the top like Bachmann, Perry, Cain or Gingrich either.

Not that I think that's fair. I think he should have equal coverage and so should Huntsman, Roemer, Johnson, and anyone else who's running. Good polling numbers mean more coverage and more coverage means better polling numbers. It's too much of a closed system.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Years
  • *Sigh*

There should just be a nationwide primary day or something, rather than giving such large political powers on states that are fairly small compared to the US population.

But alas, the whole resource allocation issue comes to the fray.

Anyways, a lot of monied interests sees Ron Paul's candidacy as seriously threatening their economic position, such as the whole "returning to the Gold Standard and abolishing the Fed" immovable monetary policy stuff he centers his economic policy on. Then again if the rest of the world returns to the Gold Standard it might work, but I seriously doubt a lot of national governments would give up their independence on monetary policy just to accommodate the US.

Anyways anyone saw this very infamous Ad yet?

And with that It's a 3 way for Mitt, Gingrich and Ron Paul. :/

Back