• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    How is that so? Sounds like you're telling me that only Dragonite can take down a Skarmory? Don't think so.

nonono he is saying that having to switch to another pokemon makes dragonite kinda useless because you set up, then it walls you and lose your stat boosts by having to switch out instead of just being able to KO it with Fire Punch.

Meganom

I forgot xD
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2012
    He is saying if a skarmory appears in front of your Dnite it will wall Dnite if he doesnt pack Firepunch

EDIT: Damn beaten to the punch xD

Last edited:

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years

nonono he is saying that having to switch to another pokemon makes dragonite kinda useless because you set up, then it walls you and lose your stat boosts by having to switch out instead of just being able to KO it with Fire Punch.
    Ah i see what you mean now, but I'm just still kinda on the fence since if i do add Fire Punch I'll still be without an electric type attack and as i said before no one else in my party has electric type moves.

joaowojcikiewicz

The Darkness, still here...
    Years
    Spiritomb Strategy

Well, I have a Spiritomb (Mild | Pressure | Special Atk 252 | Special Def 252 | Focus Band) and here is my strategy with him:

Moveset:
    DarkPulse
    Hyperbeam (May change)
    Nasty Plot
    Pain Split

I use nasty plot to raise my special atk and special defense until the foe's pokemon drain almost all my life, then I use pain split to recover it and then, I start to attack with Dark Pulse.

Is it good?? There's any weak point here?

RodeoJones

True Blue.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Which Hidden Power for Jolteon?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to use hidden power ice or grass. I'm going to have a pokemon with energy ball, covering grass, but I'm not sure I'm going to have a poke with an ice attack at all.

So I'm leaning toward giving jolteon hp ice. What do you guys think?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    It would be easier if we knew the rest of your team, just for reference, but I always like Grass. It prevents Swampert from forcing you out, and Thunderbolt already does a ton of damage to stuff like Mence who you would be using Ice for. Only thing that would force you out would be Flygon, but thats pretty easy to work around.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Best partner for CM Kyogre?

If its CM Rest, something like Garchomp who can switch into Electric attacks I guess. If it doesn't have Rest, Toxicroak actually works well since Toxic Spikes cause it problems and rain heals damage you may take, Occa Berry Forry can work well too, because you can set up your own Toxic Spikes and Spin away others, Occa Berry in Rain lets it lives just about every fire attack besides like, SpecsTran Overheat.

Well, I have a Spiritomb (Mild | Pressure | Special Atk 252 | Special Def 252 | Focus Band) and here is my strategy with him:

Moveset:
    DarkPulse
    Hyperbeam (May change)
    Nasty Plot
    Pain Split

I use nasty plot to raise my special atk and special defense until the foe's pokemon drain almost all my life, then I use pain split to recover it and then, I start to attack with Dark Pulse.

Is it good?? There's any weak point here?

I would say Hidden Power Fighting, but its a pain to breed for Hidden Powers in game. I would replace Hyper Beam with maybe something like Shadow Ball for that fancy dual STAB.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'll use Parasect because of the inb4joke. That thing can handle grass and elec attacks for kyogre.

You'll want something to deal with Lati@s too or they'll set up on you thanks to Soul Dew. Blissey wants taking out if you dont have Rest additionally.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    I was thinking making the team semi-stall, with Kyogre being my only offensive one. For some reason I think Qwilfish might work with forry to set up hazards and also absorb tspkies.

Also why the hell game freak didn't give giratina curse.

EDIT:
    This team gets worse and worse. I mean I wanna run Heatran for Forry and Sect.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Tran + Kyogre = not such a good idea, IMO. Perhaps Palkia could work over tran? It has a x4 resist to fire, and in rain that would be a x8.. And it could probably work great with Forry since forry resists its only weak and the opposite way around. But idk that much about ubers, so I might be very very wrong.

joaowojcikiewicz

The Darkness, still here...
    Years

I would say Hidden Power Fighting, but its a pain to breed for Hidden Powers in game. I would replace Hyper Beam with maybe something like Shadow Ball for that fancy dual STAB.

Hmm....
    I put hyper beam to deal MUCH damage if I need. But ok, I totally forget about STABs

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Tran + Kyogre = not such a good idea, IMO. Perhaps Palkia could work over tran? It has a x4 resist to fire, and in rain that would be a x8.. And it could probably work great with Forry since forry resists its only weak and the opposite way around. But idk that much about ubers, so I might be very very wrong.
    I already wanted to slap Palkia on that team, I think I'll use Scarf Palkia since my team doesn't pack much offense and I really, really really need that speed.
    And tran has flash fire to keep things that want to kill parasect / forry. Yeah tran doesn't like rain at all, I'd might run flash cannon or something.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    yeah as gamer said it really matters about what your team is threatened by.

also i mean if like ninetales is carrying energy ball i probably wouldn't consider myself safe against quag or pert

RodeoJones

True Blue.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    For the Jolteon hidden power ice vs. grass question here's the team I'm working toward:

Ninetales
    Nasty Plot
    Energy Ball
    Flamethrower
    Hypnosis

Starmie
    Rapid Spin
    Surf
    Recover
    Thunderbolt

Jolteon
    Thunderbolt
    Baton Pass
    HIDDEN POWER
    Shadow Ball

Steelix
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Roar
    Gyro Ball

Snorlax
    Crunch
    Curse
    Rest
    Body Slam

Dusknoir/Lucario/Mismagius (I know this could be the deciding factor right here, but I can't decide between the three...Dusknoir is probably what I'm going to use until I can get a Riolu from the Safari Zone or a Spiritomb to breed with Misdreavous.) So in that case....

Dusknoir
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch

or a sub punch version with:

Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Sucker Punch
    Ice Punch

And now back the main question...HP Grass or Ice for Jolteon...

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Question on team

So I've got a normal Ninjask(jolly,252 hp, 252 speed, 6 def) with
    swords dance
    agility
    double team
    baton pass
    which I plan on using to pass the speed and boost to a physical sweeper

what physical sweeper would be recommended?

by the way, this is for single battle in battle tower, my 3rd Poke is a wall Bronzong(252 sp def, 252 def, 6 hp) with
    toxic
    extrasensory
    iron defense
    rest

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Going for a Toxic Staller. Thinking Registeel is my best choice, with it's 150 base defense and special defense. Others I was looking at were cresselia and muk.

Anyways I wasn't sure about an ev spread for it. Should I max out both def and spd? or maybe max out HP and give it some in def and some in atk? It's a careful nature. Probably gonna go with leftovers, maybe shuca berry. Moveset would be something like this:

Toxic
    Protect
    Rest
    Sleep Talk/Earthquake?

If you know of a better toxic staller, or a better moveset, let me know.

-Ken

Back