• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
  • Hippowdon @ leftovers
    sand stream
    252 hp, 6 atk, 126 def, 126 sp def
    sand tomb
    yawn
    earthquake/crunch
    sand attack

Uses sand tomb, sand attack, yawn, sand attack. This puts the opponent to sleep, lowers accuracy, and prevents escape, so i can switch in with sd scizor, or dddos/ddnite.

What is the best nature for something like this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Is this a good moveset for Mewtwo?

Mewtwo
    Modest Nature
    200Atk/200SpAtk/86HP or SPeed/24Hp Or Speed
    IceBeam
    Recover
    WillOWisp/Toxic
    Pyscho Cut

Years
  • If I want Curse Tyranitar to have a physical move with TWO special moves my options for moveset look like what?

Is it bad to put TTar with Hippowdon on the same team?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm trying to setup a nice Movset for a Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu only run on Plat. My goal is to send over an Egg with the moves bred into it + any TMs I might need. Haven't played with Egg moves before, so I might end up sending over a hundred+ eggs. xP
    Raichu:t026:
    1. Thunder Punch
    2. Magnet Rise
    3. Brick Break
    4. Toxic

I opted Punch over Shock because I -think- the physical-ness of it gives a chance for Static to kick in. Might be wrong. If nothing else, it'll allow a Sp. Atk reducing nature, making the breeding less restricted. (Brick Break's physical too, and no special based attacks, unless there's something weird about Toxic)

I threw in Magnet Rise to avoid Earthquake. From previous uses of Raichu, he is really fragile. I'd like to avoid Earthquakes, mudslaps, etc. 1hkos.

Brick Break to handle steel types and rock types(will cover a lot of earthquakers).

Toxic is a 'last resort' kind of deal. If I have nothing to use on a Pokemon I can Magnet Rise, Toxic, and spam Potions. xP

Only spent 20 or so minutes looking over list of moves Pikachu/Raichu can learn, so I'm looking for some opinions on my moveset, suggestions, improvements, an entirely different one, etc. from people who have been doing this for much longer. Basically, anything constructive is welcome.
    Thanks.

Edit:
    If it's relevant, I have an English Plat, Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Jap SS game I can readily breed/tutor on. Could probably get my sister to let me use a Diamond and Pearl(English).

On a related note, do all Pikachu-Raichu breeding combination of held items produce Pichus, or does it work on a similar note of Snorlax and Munchlax: A certain item can be held to change the egg from the baby to the first form.
    Or in other words, can I hatch a Pikachu out of an egg, and not a Pichu?

Raichu is gonna die from any physical move so i dont see what this set is accomplishing. Just try and do any much damage as possible with the Nasty Plot set or something seriously.

Hippowdon @ leftovers
    sand stream
    252 hp, 6 atk, 126 def, 126 sp def
    sand tomb
    yawn
    earthquake/crunch
    sand attack

Uses sand tomb, sand attack, yawn, sand attack. This puts the opponent to sleep, lowers accuracy, and prevents escape, so i can switch in with sd scizor, or dddos/ddnite.

What is the best nature for something like this?

"Dont use this"

Really though, that is a waste of a Hippowdon. Arguably the best physical wall in the game reduced to some gimmicky set. Especially with no Slack Off. Use something with Encore if you want to get free switch ins for your sweepers.

Is this a good moveset for Mewtwo?

Mewtwo
    Modest Nature
    200Atk/200SpAtk/86HP or SPeed/24Hp Or Speed
    IceBeam
    Recover
    WillOWisp/Toxic
    Pyscho Cut

Psychic moves suck in ubers.

Mewtwo@Leftovers
    252 HP / 226 Def / 32 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Seismic Toss / Ice Beam
    - Recover

If I want Curse Tyranitar to have a physical move with TWO special moves my options for moveset look like what?

Is it bad to put TTar with Hippowdon on the same team?

Well Cursetar needs Rest to be remotely effective so you are a little limited in options sadly, i.e you arent going to fit 2 special moves on lol.

And yes if you cover weaknesses.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So in ADV does Choice Band increase both Physical and Special Attacks?
    Serbii seems say it does and the in-game descriptions says it boosts a MOVE's power by 1.5x not the Attack stat.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It's only the Attack stat. Advance is weird like that.

So if that's true why on Earth would on use TrickBand Alakazam? Unless it uses Trick it's Pursuit bait ands its Special Attack doesn't even get to boosted for being Choiced.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I haven't played advance, but I guess since Pursuit was a special move then (Houndoom was the most powerful pursuiter, right? :S ), it wasn't that much of a deal, and tricking a band over to its counters would probably make the match much easier. So considering the situation, it is kind of having a minor setback and giving away a major. But what I'm saying now is purely speculation on my part, mind you..

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NSFW
    • Seen Jun 18, 2019
    Could someone recommend a set to me that is for walling Bronzong?

Bronzong @ Light Clay
    252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
    0 Speed IVs
    Relaxed Nature
    Trait: Levitate

-Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake/Explosion

Or you could try CMZong

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    252HP/252Def/4SDef
    Calm Nature

-Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Grass Knot/HP Grass/HP Ice
    -Rest

Basically functions like a CurseLax. (This hasn't been tried yet, but it seems viable, also I hope I don't get yelled at for theorymon-ing)

One last one is the SleepTalk set

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 62 Atk / 104 Def / 92 SpD
    0 Speed IVs
    Sassy Nature

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake

Rest off damage before you get into the danger zone, use Sleep Talk while your asleep, Gyro Ball and Earthquake hit most things for some kind of damage.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So on TeamUber's Shoddy Server today we were discussing whether or not Nasty Plot Crobat beats CB Scizor.

So far I've got:

crobat.png

Crobat @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    -Nasty Plot
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Heat Wave
    -Air Slash / Hidden Power Ground / Roost

This Crobat always OHKO's Salamence with Sludge Bomb and always OHKOs Gayardos if it takes Stealth Rock damage. Scizor never OHKO's Bat with Bullet Punch at full health minus SR damage unless it scores a crit and is always OHKO'd by Heat Wave. The last move is up to you. With high Speed, Air Slash is a an option for secodary STAB and has a sexy FlinchHax chance. HP Ground provides good coverage when paired with its other two attacking move. Roost is an option for healing off SR damage and Life Orb recoil.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • So on TeamUber's Shoddy Server today we were discussing whether or not Nasty Plot Crobat beats CB Scizor.

So far I've got:

crobat.png

Crobat @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    -Nasty Plot
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Heat Wave
    -Air Slash / Hidden Power Ground / Roost

This Crobat always OHKO's Salamence with Sludge Bomb and always OHKOs Gayardos if it takes Stealth Rock damage. Scizor never OHKO's Bat with Bullet Punch at full health minus SR damage unless it scores a crit and is always OHKO'd by Heat Wave. The last move is up to you. With high Speed, Air Slash is a an option for secodary STAB and has a sexy FlinchHax chance. HP Ground provides good coverage when paired with its other two attacking move. Roost is an option for healing off SR damage and Life Orb recoil.

Timid is preferred over Modest, otherwise standard stuff is standard.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • I changed lead aerodactyl's set a little. I wanted to make sure this set is ok.

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
    jolly
    pressure
    6hp, 252atk, 252spd
    taunt
    stealth rock
    stone edge/rock slide/earthquake
    roar

Instead of just taunting the other lead, setting up stealth rock, and trying to do a little damage to the other pokemon, it takes advantage of stealth rock and uses roar.
    That way, the user of this aerodactyl will know what he/she is up against, and will do decent stealth rock damage.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NSFW
    • Seen Jun 18, 2019
    I changed lead aerodactyl's set a little. I wanted to make sure this set is ok.

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
    jolly
    pressure
    6hp, 252atk, 252spd
    taunt
    stealth rock
    stone edge/rock slide/earthquake
    roar

Instead of just taunting the other lead, setting up stealth rock, and trying to do a little damage to the other pokemon, it takes advantage of stealth rock and uses roar.
    That way, the user of this aerodactyl will know what he/she is up against, and will do decent stealth rock damage.

Roar wastes Aero's speed and exposes its frailness keep Stone Edge/Rock Slide and put something like Crunch or EQ in over roar.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NSFW
    • Seen Jun 18, 2019
    How does it waste speed ?

Roar is a negative priority move, meaning the other guy gets to attack first, and since you will most likely taunt to prevent them from setting up/healing/statting up they will be forced to attack you. Aerodactyl is meant to function as a suicide lead, and do as much damage as it can until it dies.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Would someone recommend a good set for walling Wobbofets or however it's spelt online?

I keep running into them on pbr random wifi. :|

Wobbufett is Uber first of all so make sure that the other person is fighting Ubers before you use it.

Wobby @ Leftovers
    Calm/Bold Nature- Shadow Tag
    28 HP/ 228 Def/ 256 SpD

Encore
    Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Safeguard

Pretty much trap something that Wobbufett can Encore safely then switch to something that you can setup now thanks to Wobb and sweep.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Or if you can get it

Wobby @ Leftovers
    Calm/Bold Nature- Shadow Tag
    28 HP/ 228 Def/ 252 SpD

Encore
    Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Tickle

+ Choice Band Pursuit user.

THE best wall breaking combo in the game. Basically switch this into anything that cant hurt you, Encore and Tickle them down to -6 defense and then switch in your CB Pursuit user and hit them as they switch out. At -6 Defense a Pursuit from CB Tar basically OHKO's Skarmory lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    Help with Hidden Power

O.K,

So I've been trying to hatch a Pichu with Hidden Power Ice but with no luck.

All I get is Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Grass and Electric.

What do I need to do to make it's I.Vs higher for my Hidden Power type. Is it the PKMN in breeding (Female Raichu asnd Male Walrein) or do I just need to hatch more?

Back