• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    Um doens't Dark Pulse=Shadow Ball as far as coverage goes. Dark and Ghost both are good against only Psychic and.

I was thinking more or an Agility passer Zapdos set.

Dark Pulse is resisted by Heracross (and Toxicroak..lol)and so is Aura Sphere, whilst Shadow Ball hits him neutral.

Zapdos@Leftovers
    248 HP / 136 Def / 88 Sp.A / 36 Spe
    Timid / Modest
    - Agility
    - Charge Beam / Thunderbolt
    - Baton Pass
    - Hidden Power Grass

Is the standard set, you can also pass Charge Beam boosts which is cool.

Last edited:

addam19

Story Maker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Chimchar @ EverStone
    Nature : Impish
    EV : HP 3 / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    - FlameThrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Rollout
    - Focus Energy

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Chimchar @ EverStone
    Nature : Impish
    EV : HP 3 / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    - FlameThrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Rollout
    - Focus Energy

EVs are ok, but the nature, items and moveset are in dire need of changing.

Focus Energy and Rollout are useless given Infernapes other option, and Everstone offers nothing beneficial as a hold item. Check out this page for some better options: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Slowking

Wanting to EV train my Slowking, wanted to see if this was a good setup.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Nature: Sassy (+SpD -SpE)
    Characteristic: Quick to Flee (+SpE)
    Ability: Own Tempo

EV Spread: 192 HP/68 Def/44 SpA/200 SpD/6 SpE

Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Slack Off, Grass Knot/Fire Blast/Nasty Plot

I am unsure about the last slot, or if I should trade a move in a different slot. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wanting to EV train my Slowking, wanted to see if this was a good setup.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Nature: Sassy (+SpD -SpE)
    Characteristic: Quick to Flee (+SpE)
    Ability: Own Tempo

EV Spread: 192 HP/68 Def/44 SpA/200 SpD/6 SpE

Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Slack Off, Grass Knot/Fire Blast/Nasty Plot

I am unsure about the last slot, or if I should trade a move in a different slot. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

If you are using Slowking as a tank which your nature and evs suggest then try this

Slowking@Leftovers
    212 HP / 44 DEF / 252 S.DEF
    Calm Nature
    Own Tempo
    - Surf
    - Psychic / Ice Beam
    - Thunderwave / Toxic
    - Slack Off

The status is pretty much needed imo and Slowking is great at abusing it. Psychic is good for stab and the neutral coverage it grants and hits things hard so is preferable, though ice beam is ok for dragons and celebi and whatnot.

If you are using Nasty Plot, use Modest but use the evs i gave and put the sp,def into sp.att and use Nasty Plot over the status.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • RMT = Rate My Thread
    OU = Overused

OU is a tier for competitive battling. There are 5 tiers, uber, OU, BL, UU, NU. Someone else will have to expand on that.

RMT =/= Rate My Thread

It stands for Rate My Team, otherwise we could just make rate my threads filled with nonsense.

Uber, OU, BL, UU, and NU are the five main tiers, but I believe there's two more:

Uber - Uber (OU ban list)
    OU - Overused
    BL - Borderline (UU ban list)
    UU - Underused
    NU - Neverused (not in the literal sense)

Anything in a lower tier can be used in any higher tier, but it cannot go vice versa.

The other two tiers are LC and NFE.

LC - Little Cup - consists of generally 1st stage pokemon at level 5, has its own little metagame that no one plays.

NFE - Not Fully Evolved - not so much a tier, but it's fun to face other NFE teams with your own. Some pokemon that are technically not fully evolved exist in higher tiers (such as Magneton and Porygon2) and therefore cannot be used in NFE teams.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • If you are using Slowking as a tank which your nature and evs suggest then try this

Slowking@Leftovers
    212 HP / 44 DEF / 252 S.DEF
    Calm Nature
    Own Tempo
    - Surf
    - Psychic / Ice Beam
    - Thunderwave / Toxic
    - Slack Off

The status is pretty much needed imo and Slowking is great at abusing it. Psychic is good for stab and the neutral coverage it grants and hits things hard so is preferable, though ice beam is ok for dragons and celebi and whatnot.

If you are using Nasty Plot, use Modest but use the evs i gave and put the sp,def into sp.att and use Nasty Plot over the status.

I used Sassy nature because I tried for quite a while to get Calm, but I figured that Slowking was slow enough as it is, so it wouldn't matter to have the 10% decrease in speed. Also, he is mostly a tank but I wanted to have some EVs in SpA anyways to boost those stats up a bit for his special attacks, and since he's already got a high SpD + the 10% boost from Sassy, I thought taking a few EVs from SpD wouldnt hurt. Also, since he can take a few hits I would think Calm Mind would help boost his stats and make a stronger attack/take even more hits. I also want to take Psychic away because I might also have Gardevoir or Latias on the team.

But those are just my thoughts, if you think differently please explain.

Thanks,
    Ken

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Ampbipom @ Focus Sash
    Technician ability
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Agility
    -Baton Pass
    -Fake Out
    -Double Hit

Double Hit > Return is my choice for breaking Subs.

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    I'm having a hard time working with my Ampharos. I have no clue what moveset to use; any suggestions would be /massively/ appreciated.

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • I'm having a hard time working with my Ampharos. I have no clue what moveset to use; any suggestions would be /massively/ appreciated.

Heres a few sets
    Ampharos
    Modest
    252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Defense
    Thunderbolt/ Discharge
    Hidden Power Ice/ Hidden Power Grass
    Focus Blast
    Substitute/ Signal Beam
    Now i would reccomend Discharge on this because Amhporos is really slow and could really use the extra paralysis support. Now i would use Hidden Power Ice so it has the "BoltBeam" combo which only Lanturn Shedinja and Magnezone family resist. Focus Blast is there for power and substitute is there for poke faster then it and pokes that can threaten it with earthquake. Or you could always give this thing Choice Specs for alot of power

Ampharos
    Quiet
    252 Sp.Atk/ 200 HP/ 58 Attack
    Thunderbolt/Discharge
    Hidden Power Ice/ Hidden Power Grass
    Focus Punch
    Substitute
    Now if you plan on using this in OU then here is the set you wanna use as it lures in blissey and focus punch will take care of her

Ampharos
    Calm
    252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Light Screen
    Reflect
    ThunderBolt
    Toxic/ Hidden Power Ice/ Grass
    Now this is more of a tank set for Ampharos and is somewhat a supporter pokemon with the duel screens. Or you could always give it heal bell for even more of a supporter

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    I'm having a hard time working with my Ampharos. I have no clue what moveset to use; any suggestions would be /massively/ appreciated.

Depends on what you want Ampharos to do.

Ampharos @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Evs: 208hp/252sp.A/ 48spe
    - T-Bolt
    - Focus Blast/Focus Punch
    - Hp Ice
    - Sub

This is Ampharos most powerful set (Besides Specs). If you are planning to use this in OU go with Focus Punch over Focusblast and use a Quiet nature and shift 20 evs to att from hp. You can also use HP grass over ice.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ampharos You can also look here for more sets.

Edit: Looks like the person above me got to it first lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I've heard Vaporeon is good VS Tyranitar...
    & also Machamp, & I think Hippowdon...
    VS Scizor... I'm thinking Heatran...
    But do ya need something to take them BOTH?

Vappy is bad vs Tar, the CBer destroys it and so does most its other sets.

Best counters vs Tar are bulky fighting types aka Hitmontop, Hariyama, Machamp etc. Specs Luke is an amazing check as it can switch in on both stabs and threaten to KO with Aura Sphere or Vaccum Wave is Tar is of the DD variety. Bulky grounds are excellent against it too, Hippowdon, Swampert, Gliscor etc Scarfers like Flygon are ok checks too and so is Scizor.

Scizor counters are Rotom-A, Gyarados, Heatran, Magnezone, Skarmory, Bulky Flamethrower Salamence, Zapdos etc. Just make sure you try to avoid Stealth Rock with some of these though as it really wears them down with U-Turn.

If you want something to deal with BOTH i reccomend Scarf Iron head/Fire Punch Jirachi though this SHOULD NOT be your first switch into Scizor as U-Turn REALLY hurts. Fire Fang Gliscor can deal with both decently too.

Inb4bulkyape lol

Last edited:

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • Bulky Grounds counter Tyranitar, like Hippowdon, and Rhyperior, they both have excellent HP and Defense and can counter back with STABed Super Effective Earthquakes. Tyranitar also hates Scizor, with a 90 Base Power Bullet Punch with Choice Band and its Super Effective without a Bibari Berry its gunna take Tyranitar down, Scizor also has decent Defense and can use a Super Effective U-Turn as well.

Scizor's biggest counter is Magnezone (Scarfed is better counter) Magnezone can come in on Banded Scizor while its locked into Bullet Punch which Magnezone resists X4, and can OHKO back with a Super Effective HP Fire and Scizor is trapped due to Magnet Pull. Heatran is another counter but not as good as Magnezone because it cant trap it but it still can OHKO it deffinately

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Bulky Grounds counter Tyranitar, like Hippowdon, and Rhyperior, they both have excellent HP and Defense and can counter back with STABed Super Effective Earthquakes. Tyranitar also hates Scizor, with a 90 Base Power Bullet Punch with Choice Band and its Super Effective without a Bibari Berry its gunna take Tyranitar down, Scizor also has decent Defense and can use a Super Effective U-Turn as well.

You'd have to be an idiot to switch Scizor into T-Tar. Most T-Tar carry a Babiri berry now, and Jolly is faster than a standard CB Scizor, not to mention with Fre Punch

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • You'd have to be an idiot to switch Scizor into T-Tar. Most T-Tar carry a Babiri berry now, and Jolly is faster than a standard CB Scizor, not to mention with Fire Punch

Ummm ever hear of priority? It doesnt matter if Tyranitar is faster when Scizor is using Bullet Punch and whoever said that the Tyranitar wasnt Banded or was a Boah? No-one said it was Jolly and had a Bibari Berry, theres plenty of Tyranitar sets other then a Jolly DD Bibari Berry T-Tar. And even with a Bibari Berry Bullet Punch still does about 50% so all Tyranitar needs is alittle prior damage, and without a Bibari Berry Scizor can OHKO it with either Bullet Punch or U-Turn (SR would help) so get your facts straight.........

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2009
    what do you think of my heracross :

Heracross : METABEE
    LV 40
    Male
    ADAMANTnature
    somewhat stuborn
    likes spicyfood

abilty : guts

HP128
    Atk137
    Def79
    sAtk46
    sDef93
    Spd78

Close Combat 8/8
    Sword Dance 30/30
    Brick Break 15/15 (wil be chanced to Megahorn10/10
    RockSlide 10/10

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    If im Opt to use the SkarmBliss combanition, what are the suitable movesets for both Skarmory and blissey ?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    If im Opt to use the SkarmBliss combanition, what are the suitable movesets for both Skarmory and blissey ?

Skarmory@Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Impish Nature
    252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
    Trait : Keen Eye
    - Spikes / Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Brave Bird

+

Blissey@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 Def / 80 SAtk / 176 SpD
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Wish
    - Protect / Softboiled
    - Toxic
    - Flamethrower / Seismic Toss / Ice Beam

OR

Blissey@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 Def / 80 SAtk / 176 SpD
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Softboiled
    - Thunderwave / Toxic
    - Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Stealth Rock
    - Seismic Toss / Stealth Rock

Toxic on stall and T-Wave on more offensive teams.

Also they dont work without support you need a spin blocker etc, so yeah.

Back