• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    You have a good base for a cm Luke set. Only thing I'd say is since you have vaccume wave already I would drop aura sphere and add hp ice to check dragons and also since your vaccume wave will be powered up through cm really eliminates the need for aura sphere as it may be weaker but it is priority+stab still and will of course be boosted by cm

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Id try Flash Cannon over Aura Sphere if you REALLY want to hit dragons and have a good STAB move rather than the weak V-Wave to work off too.

69.2% - 81.6% <---Unboosted LO Flash Cannon to Naive Mence
    61.3% - 72.3% <---Unboosted LO Flash Cannon Vs 252 HP Gliscor.
    67.9% - 80.5% <---Unboosted LO Flash Cannon Vs Jolly Scarf Flygon.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Nah I already like the set. Flash Cannon doesn't sounds bad, is there something that resists both Fighting and Steel?
    And VWave was there to help me out, can OHKO tar after a boost which is useful because my team has some problems with Tar. (Assuming SR)
    That'll require some scouting but pwning them on the switch rocks ^_^.

Also +1 Aura Sphere wrecks crap. 32.8% - 38.7% on Blissey with +1. Since Blissey won't be coming in Luke anyway a +2 means a clean 2HKO with SR, even on 252/252 Calm Blissey ^_^. Man Luke rocks so hard. I feel he's an underrated special attacker. I'd give it Leftovers over LO since I can set up on vappy and friends.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    I'd stick with S-ball.
    Also darn stupid metalkid calc never makes **** right. Blissey takes 29.7% - 35.3% from +1 sphere with max hp / max sp.def calm nature. Which isn't bad at all considering Blissey is probably always bold and only invest in HP / def. Sphere does 39.5% - 46.5% to 252 HP / 4 Sp.def Blissey, which isn't bad. Unless I roll minimal damage twice Blissey won't be there for long. Luke is awesome ^_^.

Vecransyh

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    Any advice for a moveset on Deoxys-D? I was considering Entry Hazard but Deoxys-S does it so much better. Ideas?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I'd stick with S-ball.
    Also darn stupid metalkid calc never makes **** right. Blissey takes 29.7% - 35.3% from +1 sphere with max hp / max sp.def calm nature. Which isn't bad at all considering Blissey is probably always bold and only invest in HP / def. Sphere does 39.5% - 46.5% to 252 HP / 4 Sp.def Blissey, which isn't bad. Unless I roll minimal damage twice Blissey won't be there for long. Luke is awesome ^_^.

| Blissey | Nature | Calm | 61.2 |
    | Blissey | Nature | Bold | 31.8 |

Honestly I don't understand why people use bold on bliss, since it only gives it a like +12 or something boost to its defence stat. Same reason why I'm feeling opposed to giving Steelix a +sdef nature I guess lol
    Anyway, no one would switch Blissey into Luke at all, or at least not until they realize that you are special. So if you CM at the switch, then CM once again when they switch to Bliss, you should probably be able to 2hko it.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2010
    One Week to Make a Team

I've been challenged to a rematch in a weeks time, it'll be a double battle and i'm pairing with a guy i unfortunately can't get in contact with till next week.
    We had to pull together pokemon as near to lvl 50 as possible at the time so i want to start from scratch and train 3 pokemon to lvl 50. I only know that one of the opponents is likely to have dragon types.
    Please comment suggestions on teams and movesets. thanks =)

Years
    Are you using any Pokemon you want? Dragons generally have a 4x weakness to Ice-type moves, but if you're playing with ubers most dragons don't share that trait. Weavile or Mamoswine with STAB Ice Shard will be a problem for a lot of dragons, although they aren't particularly bulky so you may have a bit of trouble switching them in, especially Weavile. Something bulkier like Vaporeon can switch in safer and hit hard with Ice Beam, but it won't get STAB and lacks the priority of Ice Shard. Gyarados is similar and another good choice with Ice Fang.

Years
    I'm going to run a Machamp in Trick Room, and I was wondering how much of a difference it would make if it had an Adamant nature over the preferred Brave nature for Trick Room?

I swear I have bred over 100 eggs of this damn thing :bandit:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    ^
    I dunno Blissey's page on Smogon says Bold always. And it uses 252 HP / 252 Def.

Opposite Day gave the usage statistics, people use Calm more and rightfully so. Beating Gengar is supposed to be one of Bliss's selling points and Bold has a chance to get 2hko'd by LO Focus Blast. That and if LO Tran gets FF boost it 2hko's Bold Bliss with SR up with Fire Blast. -_____-

I'd go with Brave over adamant. It usually works better with Trick Room

Use Brave.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    well i'm making a special defensive politoed, and i already have a calm haze poliwag

i'm sorta following the "support" strategy from smogon : https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/politoed

but i'm sorta indecisive about something

right now i have this planned out:
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 HP, 6 Sp. Attack
    Moves: Haze, Surf, Ice Beam, Hypnosis

but i feel like the moves are too offensive for something with merely 6 sp. attk EVs.

so i was thinking either...

a. switch ice beam with toxic
    the thing is, i sorta need ice beam to go with my team
    or
    b. split the HP EVs into HP and Sp. Attack
    if b, should i keep hypnosis or switch it with toxic? and how should i split the EVs?
    c. keep it as is (but switch hypnosis for toxic?)

Last edited:

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Quick Question About My Dragonite

This is my MoveSet on my Dragonite

Moves
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Roost

My question is should i take off EQ and trade it that for ThunderPunch, since my Snorlax already has EQ and i don't really have any Electric moves on any other of my pokemon. He is Ev trained in Hp and Attack if that helps at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'd keep EQ. Either way you'll come across Pokemon that resist both of your moves and EQ is stronger and more accurate. In my opinion, any sweeper that gets EQ should use it.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    I'd keep EQ. Either way you'll come across Pokemon that resist both of your moves and EQ is stronger and more accurate. In my opinion, any sweeper that gets EQ should use it.
    I see what you're getting at but the problem is i don't have any thunder moves what so ever, so running into water type pokemon can be a problem for me.

Use Fire Punch > Roost so Skarmory won't be laughing at you.
    I have another pokemon what fire moves to deal with that.

Back