• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
  • Magnezone (Life Orb)
    Quiet
    252SpAtk, 252HP, 6Def
    Discharge
    Flash Cannon
    Hidden Power Ice
    Protect

Works well with Sandstorm/Trick Room

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Magnezone (Life Orb)
    Quiet
    252SpAtk, 252HP, 6Def
    Discharge
    Flash Cannon
    Hidden Power Ice
    Protect

Works well with Sandstorm/Trick Room

Ugh, bad set.

By using Discharge, you have a high chance of paralyzing your opponent and make them slower than you, which is bad for a Trick Room team.

Also Protect is bad since it makes you use up a turn of Trick Room.

A better moveset would be

Magnezone @Life Orb
    Quiet Nature
    Magnet Pull
    252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SAtk

-Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power Grass/Fire
    -Explosion

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Okay so im making An eeveelution team to battle a friend's eeveelution team.

I have:

Vaporeon-Calm Nature (252Def 252HP 6SpD?)
    Umbreon-Careful Nature
    Flareon-[perfect attack and Speed IVS]-Jolly Nature
    Espeon-Modest Nature
    Glaceon-Calm Nature
    Jolteon-Timid Nature

All are currently Rare Candied upto Level 40. and i want to start EV training,

Just want to know what some suggested EV spreads for them are.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • okay so im planning on making a stall team (well i guess its more semi-stall but whatever) and im going to be using it during Smogon Tour (yes, I'm doing Smogon Tour) and im too lazy/i havent tested it enough to post an RMT, but I was wondering if someone could give me a good once over and see what big weaknesses I have. the sets are pretty self explanitory. so please and thank you.

Spoiler:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

Ugh, bad set.

By using Discharge, you have a high chance of paralyzing your opponent and make them slower than you, which is bad for a Trick Room team.

Also Protect is bad since it makes you use up a turn of Trick Room.

A better moveset would be

Magnezone @Life Orb
    Quiet Nature
    Magnet Pull
    252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SAtk

-Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power Grass/Fire
    -Explosion

I'll probably use this, but my Magnemite has HP Ice. I know Grass is better for Swampert and Fire is better for Scizor, but does it really make a difference?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Ice is acceptable; it gets fairly good coverage with Thunderbolt. It's usually a matter of preference. I wouldn't use Fire because Thunderbolt decimates nearly every Steel-type anyway. It does let you smack Forretress and Scizor around, but it's a sweeping set, not a Steel-killing set. Since switching in Trick Room is often a bad idea since it takes up turns, lets your (often frail) sweepers get injured, and detracts from the high pressure your offensive Pokemon apply (don't want to give them a free turn!), you can just Explode on Swampert anyway in almost all circumstances.

Okay so im making An eeveelution team to battle a friend's eeveelution team.

I have:

Vaporeon-Calm Nature (252Def 252HP 6SpD?)
    Umbreon-Careful Nature
    Flareon-[perfect attack and Speed IVS]-Jolly Nature
    Espeon-Modest Nature
    Glaceon-Calm Nature
    Jolteon-Timid Nature

All are currently Rare Candied upto Level 40. and i want to start EV training,

Just want to know what some suggested EV spreads for them are.

Jolteon and Glaceon are 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. Standard sweeper spreads, you don't need to change. Calm is difficult to work with, but it's not tanking anything. I guess you could give it Wish. Flareon unfortunately has an awful physical movepool, but with your IVs and nature, you'll have to capitalise on its fortunately high Attack. (Leafeon is better here...) Just max Speed to get the tie with Umbreon and use Superpower. 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe. Vaporeon works best Bold, but you can just use your spread, it's not exactly a very serious battle. (I think?) You could try to tank against their Jolteon / stall out other stuff, and you don't need any speed, so 252 HP / 252 Def or SpD / 4 Spe.

Last edited:

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I managed to breed a Spinorak with an Adamant nature, a 31 attack IV and with the egg move pursuit. I'm not too worried about it's EV spread right now but would it be a good idea to run Pursuit and Sucker Punch on the same set, or should I switch Sucker Punch with Shadow Sneak?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

I managed to breed a Spinorak with an Adamant nature, a 31 attack IV and with the egg move pursuit. I'm not too worried about it's EV spread right now but would it be a good idea to run Pursuit and Sucker Punch on the same set, or should I switch Sucker Punch with Shadow Sneak?

There's no point in using Shadow Sneak since it's unSTABed, weaker than Sucker Punch, and doesn't provide any additional type coverage.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Ice is acceptable; it gets fairly good coverage with Thunderbolt. It's usually a matter of preference. I wouldn't use Fire because Thunderbolt decimates nearly every Steel-type anyway. It does let you smack Forretress and Scizor around, but it's a sweeping set, not a Steel-killing set. Since switching in Trick Room is often a bad idea since it takes up turns, lets your (often frail) sweepers get injured, and detracts from the high pressure your offensive Pokemon apply (don't want to give them a free turn!), you can just Explode on Swampert anyway in almost all circumstances.

Jolteon and Glaceon are 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. Standard sweeper spreads, you don't need to change. Calm is difficult to work with, but it's not tanking anything. I guess you could give it Wish. Flareon unfortunately has an awful physical movepool, but with your IVs and nature, you'll have to capitalise on its fortunately high Attack. (Leafeon is better here...) Just max Speed to get the tie with Umbreon and use Superpower. 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe. Vaporeon works best Bold, but you can just use your spread, it's not exactly a very serious battle. (I think?) You could try to tank against their Jolteon / stall out other stuff, and you don't need any speed, so 252 HP / 252 Def or SpD / 4 Spe.

Okay so i should treat glaceon and Jolteon the same, Flareon max attack and speed, Vaporeon okay, what about Espeon?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Glaceon doesn't really have the speed to be a decent sweeper. You could probably go with a different spread to maximise it's bulk as much as you can, as well as dishing out a decent amount of damage.

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
  • Excuse my novicity in asking this, but I can't find the answers to the questions i'm looking for, literally anywhere on the internet.
    I've searched and searched at no avail :(

Question 1:
    Say i've recently learnt about EV training. I wish to EV train a level 45 pokemon of mine, that has been trained normally from level 2. Will I need to re-set the EV's of this pokemon? Is that possible?

Question 2:
    Once killed the equivalent number of the correct pokemon to gain 510 EV's, can I battle anything else to level it? For example, if it's only on roughly 50% of the way to levelling up, when all 510 EV's are earned, will I have to battle the same pokemon for the remaining 50%?

Question 3:
    Do I need to get 510 EV's every time my pokemon levels, or do I only need to do it once, the first time?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm just stumped for a solution, if anybody doesn't mind my questioning, is there anyone who would be willing to allow me to pm them with further questions- should I encounter them?

Any help is massively appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Crash.

Kylie-chan

Years
  • iCrash:

Q. 1. Yes. Use the EV-resetting berries. Read about them here.
    Q. 2. Once you have 510 EVs, you can't get any more EVs without resetting them, so you can battle whatever you like.
    Q. 3. Only once.

Resultz: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe works fine for Espeon as well. I suggest giving it Shadow Ball, as it will help a lot against their Espeon. Alternatively, there's Signal Beam, which is also super effective against Leafeon.

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
  • iCrash:

Q. 1. Yes. Use the EV-resetting berries. Read about them here.
    Q. 2. Once you have 510 EVs, you can't get any more EVs without resetting them, so you can battle whatever you like.
    Q. 3. Only once.

Resultz: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe works fine for Espeon as well. I suggest giving it Shadow Ball, as it will help a lot against their Espeon. Alternatively, there's Signal Beam, which is also super effective against Leafeon.

Thankyou. That's awesome, alot easier than I anticipated, anyway.
    Hatch egg -> Gain correct EV's -> Train as normal to desired level
    correct?

Kylie-chan

Years
  • That's right!

When you're done, you should probably get an Effort Ribbon, so you know you hit 510 EVs. The Effort Ribbon is awarded to a Pokémon by a woman in Sunyshore Market in DPPt and in Blackthorn City in HGSS. ^_^

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
  • That's right!

When you're done, you should probably get an Effort Ribbon, so you know you hit 510 EVs. The Effort Ribbon is awarded to a Pokémon by a woman in Sunyshore Market in DPPt and in Blackthorn City in HGSS. ^_^

Thankyou again, I owe you :')
    I can safely say EV training actually makes perfect sense to me now, next up, wasting the rest of the summer putting it into practice xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    EV training

ok guys... im new and still reading things and such... im kinda confused on the whole EV training thing... like i know to give power bracer n such but how do i have like 253 Ev/4 SpD/253 Spd?

umm yeah i was sent here... and i have 2 questions

1. Is there anyway too predict your eggs nature and
    2. im kinda confused about EV training i know you are supposed have them holder power brace or whatever but how do i have like

EV
    232 ATk
    4SPd
    232 Def or whatever please help!?!?!

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

1. Attach an Everstone to a Ditto with the nature you want so that the Ditto will have a 50% chance of passing down the same nature to your offspring. Ditto can breed with any Pokemon.

2. The first step of EV training is to feed your Pokemon Vitamins since each Vitamin raises EVs in a certain stat by 10. You can find out which Vitamins raise what in the guide I showed you. For instance, if a Pokemon needs 252 Attack EVs, you need to feed it 10 Proteins to give it 100 Attack EVs. You can't feed it any more than 10 because 100 EVs is the max that Vitamins will give you.

To get the remaining 152 EVs, you need to battle Pokemon. Each Pokemon you beat will give you a certain amount of EVs in a certain stat. For instance, Magikarp will always give you 1 Speed EV while Gyarados will give you 2 Attack EVs. You can find out which Pokemon give which EVs by going looking them up on Serebii or Bulbapedia or some place. Power items make this job faster by giving you additional EVs along with the EVs you gained from the Pokemon. Again, read the guide to see which Power items give which EVs.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • So I made a Hyper-Offense-That-More-Becomes-Bulkier-Ish-Offence-Later-On team and it worked great until I changed it to be a Hyper-Offense-That-Doesn't-Do-The-Above team. :| So now I need your opinion on what to do with it, yadayadayada.

Spoiler:

The last slot is what I'm trying to decide; I have a major Scarf Zapdos weakness (nothing bar Roserade likes a STAB T-Bolt) and I also need something to counter Aero leads, who taunt Azelf to hell and back. I've tried Scizor (but removed it due to Aero weakness), Charge Beam LO Jolteon (but removed it 'cos it seemed to suck, even with its neat synergy with Gyarados) and I'm thinking of Weavile. Suggestions?

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • I was thinkin of trying A Support, Bulk UP Vigoroth for UU/NU.

Vigoroth@Leftovers
    Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Jolly
    Vital Spirit
    132 HP/252 Spe/124 Attk
    Bulk UP
    Yawn
    Pursuit
    Return

Now I understand this Set is Completely Walled By Steel types (aggron,Registeel,Ect.), But the Basis of the Set would have to be Yawn With Pursuit. If Sleep Clause Is in affect, It Does Lose A Lot of Pottential. EQ could Replace Return, But then I would Lose the STAB factor.
    Anyway Tell me what you think of it or any Changes to EVs,Moveset or whatever.(This Set Will Most Likely BE used in NU as apposed to UU)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Ninja Caterpie:

Post it as a RMT. This thread is for help with small questions/individual movesets.

If Sleep Clause Is in affect, It Does Lose A Lot of Pottential.
    Sleep Talk is ALWAYS in effect.
    Besides, the set sucks anyways. Not only are you walled by Steel types, you are also walled by Rock types, Spiritomb, and even physical walls like Cloyster. It's just a terrible set.

Back