• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • no, no, no... I want THESE pokemon! but I need a moveset for them, it's a creative project I am doing...

That's not what people are here for. We aren't going to build you a team, provide you with every moveset. Do the work yourself, then we can help correct issues that are present.

Should we post Gen 5 RMTs yet or no?

Way too early for that still

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    a shedinja, only better.

I have diamond and I have decided to make a shedinja that's epic.

he will be hasty (def. down, speed up) and he will be holding a focus band (HP is full, will leave with 1 HP - HP IS ALWAYS 1).

his moves (all possible):
    -Shadow Claw (TM.. something)
    -X-Scissor (TM 81)
    -Dig (nincada at lvl. 45)
    -Aerial Ace or Night Slash (TM something and egg move)

my plan is -
    1. to use my friends SS and breed nicadas a LOT until he gets a Hasty one (or Jolly, for that matter) and then trade it to my game.
    2. raise it to 45 with proposed EVs in mind.
    3. evolve him, teach TMs and continue EVing as much as I can.

good plan?

so, basically, how's my moveset + item, and how do I EV?

(in-game or competitive, haven't decided. I need to see how it'll turn out before anything)

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    for EV training go here https://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual

use a focus sash not a focus band.

Replace night slash for shadow sneak

Replace dig with swords dance.

But, honestly, don't use shedinja, it can't come in if rocks are up( it will be OHKO'd....lol) it has beyond medicore stats and is totally outclassed by just about every sweeper in the metagame.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    What's a solid counter for 3 attack calm mind suicune? It has wrecked my team over and over but whatever I try to use doesn't work. I tried celebi, zapdos, swampert and jirachi. Please no blissey, I want to kill it and keep momentum.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    What's a solid counter for 3 attack calm mind suicune? It has wrecked my team over and over but whatever I try to use doesn't work. I tried celebi, zapdos, swampert and jirachi. Please no blissey, I want to kill it and keep momentum.

LO Celebi (make sure its faster lol) and Shaymin OHKO it though a CM boost with Leaf Storm so make excellent checks. Same with Specs Jolt and Rotom.

Raikou works well too, especially the Rest Talker and there is always Snorlax who can Whirlwind it away or just smack it with Return or Body Slam.

There are some obscure counters like Ludicolo, Abomosnow and Lanturn too i guess. :/

Offensive Suicune is an ass though, seriously lol

Darksabre

EV Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    Good moveset/EV spread for Deoxys?

I have a Gamestop Deoxys, stats are:

Timid
    5/24/15/0/16/30
    Pressure

Can anyone give me a good moveset and EV spread for attack and speed forme of this Deoxys? Thanks.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I have a Gamestop Deoxys, stats are:

Timid
    5/24/15/0/16/30
    Pressure

Can anyone give me a good moveset and EV spread for attack and speed forme of this Deoxys? Thanks.
    Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
    40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Speed
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Superpower
    - Hidden Power / Shadow Ball / Substitute

Ice Beam deals with Dragon-types and Groudon, while Thunder provides good coverage alongside it and hits Kyogre and Ho-Oh. Superpower OHKOes Blissey with Stealth Rock set up (with the Atk EVs). HP Fire is for Scizor and Metagross switching in, but Shadow Ball hits Mewtwo, Mew, and Deoxys-D. Substitute can be used to avoid priority moves and Pursuit, though you lose coverage.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry / Light Clay / Leftovers
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Speed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes / Light Screen
    - Taunt
    - Shadow Ball / Reflect

Most popular lead in Ubers pretty much, sets up SR and Spikes. Taunt to stop other leads from setting up. Reflect or Light Screen can help your teammates switch in, while Shadow Ball allows you to defeat Deoxys-A leads. Lum Berry stops Darkrai from inducing Deoxys with sleep, but Light Clay increases dual screen's duration. Leftovers can help Deoxys last longer. You can also use a moveset of Reflect / Light Screen / Taunt / Stealth Rock or Spikes and Light Clay for a dual screener.

Last edited by a moderator:

toushiroH95

platinium trainer
    Years
  • Hey there:)
    I got a flawless bagon I want to train:)
    but could anyne give me a good moveset? Im not sure about what move set I can give it and what about a larvitar? also which EV spread would b more convenient for each

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey there:)
    I got a flawless bagon I want to train:)
    but could anyne give me a good moveset? Im not sure about what move set I can give it and what about a larvitar? also which EV spread would b more convenient for each
    Assuming you mean their final evolutions, and not for Little Cup:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower

This should be used alongside Rayqauza to weaken Rayquaza's counters so it can sweep (or the other way around). Dragon Dance gives Salamence an advantage over Garchomp because it can outrun Pokémon such as Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Choice Scarf Kyogre. Earthquake is for Steel-types like Dialga, Metagross, and Heatran, while the two Fire moves are for Skarmory, Forretress, and Scizor. Fire Blast OHKOes specially defensive Skarmory in sun, but if you don't use Groudon Flamethrower can be used since it will still 2HKO. Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Outrage / Dragon Dance with Naive nature and 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed can be used for a mixed moveset.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Superpower / Earthquake

Revenge killer, and traps Pokémon like Starmie with Pursuit. Stone Edge and Crunch is for coverage and dual STAB. Superpower hits Blissey, Tyranitar, Lucario, etc., but Earthquake can be used for Pokémon such as Metagross and Jirachi. Choice Band can also be used with Adamant nature and 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Speed (44 Speed for Vaporeon and Scizor, but you can use 96 for Skarmory). Aqua Tail is an option for the last moveslot to hit Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc.

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry / Life Orb / Lum Berry
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Punch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail

This is Dragon Dance sweeper. Babiri is so that Tar can survive a Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch and reliably OHKO back with Fire Punch (as well as 2HKOing Skarm with perfect accuracy). Earthquake hits Jirachi, Metagross, Tyranitar, etc., while Aqua Tail is for Gliscor and Hippowdon.

charizardobsessed

I have opened my eyes...
    Years
  • Requesting a good offensive move set for Charizard. Its current moves now are:

Blast Burn
    Flare Blitz
    Flamethrower
    Fly

Any advice?

Requesting also a move set for my physically weak Victreebel. Should I set up the Victreebel and risk being attacked first, or should I use Choice Scarf and limit myself to one powerful move...

Any ideas? All comment appreciated. Anything to make the darn Victreebel a bit more badass.

Last edited:

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Here is a set for your offensive charizard

Charizard@ salac berry
    252 att/ 4 HP/ 252 spe
    jolly nature
    belly drum
    endure
    fire punch
    thunder punch/ earthquake

Now for victreebel...

this offensive set is probably your best option

victreebel @ life orb
    252 spA/ 120 HP/ 136 spe
    modest
    sunny day
    solar beam
    sleep powder
    HP ice/ HP fire

Hope this helps!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Just as a side note, since Victreebel gets Weather Ball w/ HG/SS, it might be worth consideration putting that over HP Fire as the base power will become higher in sun. That, or you might consider putting sunny day on something else on your team so that you may use it w/ HP Ice, for instance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    General advice and suggestions?

Hello, I only just realised a lot of interesting things in the Pokemon world, since I have been moving from amateur player to maybe something more, and thought now would be the time to experiment on EVs and such.

Lately I got into raising a good Cloyster and came up with this, although I am sure there is room for improvement!

Cloyster @ (haven't decided yet...)
    230 Sp. ATK / 230 DEF / 50 ATK.
    Lonely Nature
    Ice Shard (Replacable, can't figure something out yet)
    Blizzard
    Iron Def.
    Spike Cannon

seeing as hp probably won't be it's forte, I wanted to ensure good defense but can hit hard. Thoughts?

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Kita, are those its EV's or its Stats?

Because those Numbers are too high to be EVs.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Hello, I only just realised a lot of interesting things in the Pokemon world, since I have been moving from amateur player to maybe something more, and thought now would be the time to experiment on EVs and such.

Lately I got into raising a good Cloyster and came up with this, although I am sure there is room for improvement!

Cloyster @ (haven't decided yet...)
    230 Sp. ATK / 230 DEF / 50 ATK.
    Lonely Nature
    Ice Shard (Replacable, can't figure something out yet)
    Blizzard
    Iron Def.
    Spike Cannon

seeing as hp probably won't be it's forte, I wanted to ensure good defense but can hit hard. Thoughts?

Cloyster is not meant to be a pure attacker. It is mainly a supporting Pokemon, generally setting up Spikes or using Rapid Spin.

Cloyster@Life Orb
    Skill Link
    Adamant Nature
    160 HP/252 Atk/96 SpD

• Spikes
    • Rock Blast
    • Ice Shard
    • Explosion/Rapid Spin
    This set is tailored for Cloyster to be in the lead position, and with the EV Spread given it can take on the most common leads in UU

Cloyster@Leftovers
    Shell Armor/Skill Link (Use Skill Link if you are using Rock Blast)
    Bold Nature (Use Impish if you are running Rock Blast)
    252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

• Spikes
    • Rapid Spin
    • Surf/Rock Blast
    • Explosion/Toxic Spikes
    More of a flat-out utility and defender. In UU, you're better off running Explosion over Toxic Spikes because of the number of poison types that run around. Surf helps you hit Spin Blockers like Rotom and Spiritomb easier, but Rock Blast helps you break the sub of Mismagius. It's really just what your team needs.

EDIT: @Project. : The EV spread provided adds up to 510, but it's far from optimal

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Or you can use Payback + Ice Shard on the defensive set. Lets you OHKO Mismagius and Rotom (scarf) and if they live you can Ice Shard them lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    @ Project. : hypothetically EVs buuuut I doubt I would ever get that and I'm only learning stuff here so my thoughts on stuff could be wrong.

@ Jake♫ : Thanks for the explanations and suggestions! These are really helpful thoughts and I'll be sure to try them out. It'll be a good start with the Cloyster I plan on working out and from there I think I might be able to better align myself.

@ Dark Azelf : That's also an idea that I should try out, thanks!

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Hi, everyone. My name is Tkallab and I have a question.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to competitive battling. I made a team once based on my in-game Soul Silver team, and I won with it once. This time, I'm trying to make a UU team for real.

I'm looking for a way to get my main sweeper, SubLiechi Feraligatr, on the field safely. I was thinking of Baton Passing a Substitute to him. For this, I chose Leafeon, who could possibly bait a Fire Pokémon, and then Baton Pass a Substitute to Feraligatr, who then forces a swich. After that, the opponent still has to kill the Substitute, so that gives Feraligatr two turns of Dragon Dances. After that, he keeps Substituting until his HP is in range of Torrent and the Liechi Berry, thus being able to start his sweep.

I think this would require incredible luck to be pulled off... What do you think? And is there a better way to do something like this?
    Thanks in advance.

By the way, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this was the best place I could find. If this is the wrong place, then what is the right place?

Back