• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Corrections in bold.

I'd like a team. So far the pokemon I have for it are Gengar and Dragonite. Movesets:

Gengar@ Wise Glasses
    ~Modest
    ~Levitate
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Destiny Bond
    -Focus Blast

Dragonite@ Muscle Band/Leftovers
    ~Adamant
    ~Inner Focus
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Any suggestions? (movesets aren't 100%, I'd still like some help with that if you think it needs improvement.) I'm thinking about putting in an Infernape. I did, after all, hatch over 30 Chimchars until I got a Jolly one.

I like Gengar because he's a fast Destiny Bond. Sludge Bomb for STAB and Focus Blast hits a larger variety of steel-types than does Thunderbolt(Steelix nullifies it and Magnezone is resistant). For Dragonite, Stone Edge is simply a better move than Fire Punch, and hits a larger variety of ice-types(especially those water/ice-types). Earthquake for Rock/Steel-types.

I hope this helped, PM me if you have anymore questions.

Last edited:

Umbr3on

Ouchie..*
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    Hello, i would like to request a team with the following pokemon.

Weavile
    Infernape
    Umbreon

others i would like r scizor and Gardevoir, but if these wont fit then it will be alright. just the top 3 i really want thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    I don't get online often, and when I do, I'm on for a while for I thought I'd post my Pearl/Diamond team and see what people think. Actually, I really would like criticism for people who's been in the WiFi battle scene and can give a few pointers. I would rather not you exchange out the pkmn, as these are my favorites, but unless you see it's absolutely necessary, feel free.

Absol@Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Ability: Super Luck
    Swords Dance
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Pursuit(Have thought about switching this with Stone Edge, because of the high critical hit ratio, or Baton Pass)

Lopunny@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 SDef, 6 HP
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Return
    Agility
    Baton Pass
    Healing Wish(thought about switching this to Mirror Coat)

Ninetales@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 Spd, 6 SDef
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Overheat
    Nasty Plot
    Energy Ball
    Dark Pulse(it was Special filler, but I like the moderate flinching effect myself)

Espeon@Wise Glasses
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 6 SDef
    Ability: Synchronize
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Morning Sun
    Hidden Power Fighting

Jolteon@Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Agility
    Baton Pass
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Toxic
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Heal Bell

Magnezone@Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 SAtk, 6 SDef
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Discharge
    Magnet Rise
    Flash Cannon
    Mirror Coat

Feraligatr@Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 HP
    Ability: Torrent
    Dragon Dance
    Water Fall
    Earthquake
    Avalanche

Tauros@Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Intimidate
    Return
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt
    Payback

About Payback, since I was left with a filler, I used it to get Zams and Gengar, but I was thinking of switching it with Pursuit.

Arcanine@Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Crunch
    Flare Blitz
    Extreme Speed
    Thunder Fang

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SDef, 6 HP
    Aqua Tail
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt

Hitmonchan@Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SDef, 6 Spd
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Agility
    Drain Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Close Combat

I've been questioning this set, but it's worked until now.

Ludicolo@Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 SDef, 6 Spd
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Surf
    Rain Dance
    Energy Ball
    Ice Beam

Pinsir@Muscle Band
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    X-Scissor
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake

Zapdos@Wet Rock
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Ability: Pressure
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Hidden Power Water
    Roost

I've recently started raising a few others, including Milktank, Kangaskhan and Scizor, but as you can see, I use more than 6 and switch so I'm never the same battle twice. I didn't list all of my battle-ready pkmn, but these are the ones I use most often. Definitely, you don't have rate all of them, and I understand my EV spreads are the basic 252/252/6, but I'm more comfortable with them that way.

Hey everyone. Trying to decide on a team, but I'm having some trouble. Here are the Pokemon I currently have bred and team-ready. Also, don't worry about having to explain EV spreads and MS to me, as these are already done.

Alakazam - TrickSpecs
    Garchomp - Standard w/ Life Orb
    Spiritomb - SP DEF w/ WoW
    Milotic - Hypnosis/Recover
    Togekiss - Paraflinch
    Pineco (soon to be Forretress) - Spiker/Stealth Rocker, Rapid Spinner

I want to use two Special Sweepers on my team, not sure if that's a good idea. Probably Alakazam/Togekiss and Milotic, or any combination using only those two. The one thing I DON'T like though is being BoltBeamer weak. :/ I don't really feel like getting a Gengar or Starmie though, or Porygon-Z.

For a Physical Sweeper, the only one I know of so far is Garchomp. I have NO idea who to use next, and it's driving me crazy. I was thinking Infernape for a SkarmBliss counter and was wondering, how well does it do against Weavile? Also, I was considering Metagross for helping countering Zam's counters, but am hesitant because I dread getting one on Emerald for possibly using Thunderpunch.

Since I have two sweepers of each kind, I'm guessing that's ok, that I need a Spiker and then maybe a support Pokemon. I was going to try Forretress and if that didn't work out, I'd use Skarmory. For a Supporter of some sort, I was possibly considering Umbreon. Anyhow, sorry for the some-what lengthy post, and thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Iron

The Restless
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Ok here is my current team and I was hoping to get it rate and see what kind of moves I should teach them.

Sneasel
    Charizard
    Kingler
    Carnivine
    Golem
    Spiritomb

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I've got a team in mind but would someone mind seeing if I have any glaring weaknesses? I don't, but then again I've never played a real battle so I'm not sure if I'm missing something important.

Blastoise (with Mirror Coat)
    Tyranitar (with Dragon Dance)
    Ninjask (Baton Passing speed to Tyranitar)
    Infernape (Scout and anti-Skarmbliss)
    Vaporeon (Hazer and Acid Armor Baton Passer)
    Slaking (Tank)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    I've got a team in mind but would someone mind seeing if I have any glaring weaknesses? I don't, but then again I've never played a real battle so I'm not sure if I'm missing something important.

Blastoise (with Mirror Coat)
    Tyranitar (with Dragon Dance)
    Ninjask (Baton Passing speed to Tyranitar)
    Infernape (Scout and anti-Skarmbliss)
    Vaporeon (Hazer and Acid Armor Baton Passer)
    Slaking (Tank)

I'm assuming you have at least 2 pkmn with Earthquake, right? (Tyranitar/Slaking?) A strong Electric/Fighting-type may prove formidable, like Electivire or Machamp for example. If it has Max Atk and Spd, it might catch Tyranitar off guard with a good 4x Cross Chop. Even Vaporeon who passes Defense can't take a critical hit from a Cross Chop. Maybe a strong Psychic-type? Like Zam, or Grumpig?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    Well actually I have Tyranitar and Blastoise with Earthquake. I'm trying something different. So Vaporeon is no good? Because I really like that pokemon, and I from what I've read every team needs a hazer.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Well actually I have Tyranitar and Blastoise with Earthquake. I'm trying something different. So Vaporeon is no good? Because I really like that pokemon, and I from what I've read every team needs a hazer.

I didn't say Vaporeon wasn't good, was just saying even if it passes defense to Tyranitar, critical hits ignore stat boosting and Cross Chop that both Machamp and Electivire can learn has a high critical hit ratio. Was just saying, be prepared for a strong physical sweeper.

Sal Kar

B.F.S. [Big Friendly Slav]
    Years
    could i request a team?

could u make it like an annoyer team like base around shuckle, i want most of the pokemon 2 have high def, sp. def and moves like, will-o-wisp, toxic, satus affecters, spikes, stealth rock etc. go crazy with the team, just have mainly rock and steel types,
    (shuckle az a starting point) if u could that would be great ^_^

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    Okay...I know I've been giving movesets but I really need one for Mewtwo. Yes it's an Uber, but this is for my team of 6 with one legend.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Okay...I know I've been giving movesets but I really need one for Mewtwo. Yes it's an Uber, but this is for my team of 6 with one legend.

Can't go wrong with..

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Psychic
    Recover
    Aura Sphere
    Calm Mind/Shadow Ball/Special Filler(i.e., Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower)

I say Shadow Ball or special filler because of other Psychic-types and Spiritomb. Watch out because Bug-types are a bit stronger with Yanmega and because Scizor can actually use Bug-type attacks(with Swarm and Max Attack, X-Scissor may OHKO Mewtwo). Hope this helped! Private message me if you need help.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    I'm very fond of Water-types, though I kind of felt they were kind of ignored during the 4th Generation. I'm not requesting an entire team, just good individual pkmn, though feel free to post a team if you so please. This is what I have so far..

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 SDef, 6 Def
    Trait: Torrent
    Surf
    Grass Knot
    Stealth Rock
    Ice Beam

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 SDef, 252 Spd, 6 Def
    Trait: Clear Body
    Haze
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic Spikes
    Barrier

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 Def, 212 HP, 44 SAtk
    Trait: Own Tempo
    Surf
    Slack Off
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

My starter, my favorite Utility water-type and a Bulky Water. I usually use 8 pkmn, so I can switch out depending on my opponent. I like the OU, like Gyarados and Milotic, but for a mono-type team to work, it needs to be able to work around its weaknesses, so it's plain to see Swampert, or any Water/Ground is a necessity, and I'm a bit of a Ludicolo fan. Help is greatly appreciated!

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    Can't go wrong with..

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Psychic
    Recover
    Aura Sphere
    Calm Mind/Shadow Ball/Special Filler(i.e., Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower)

I say Shadow Ball or special filler because of other Psychic-types and Spiritomb. Watch out because Bug-types are a bit stronger with Yanmega and because Scizor can actually use Bug-type attacks(with Swarm and Max Attack, X-Scissor may OHKO Mewtwo). Hope this helped! Private message me if you need help.

Thanks! But I was thinking of a bolt-beam with recover and aura sphere. Is that good?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    i need a team.

pokemon i want in my team:
    umbreon
    espeon
    amphoros
    altaria

other pokes i want:
    gallade
    gyrados
    vaporeon
    lumineon
    mismagius
    rosarade
    luxray
    i cant decide on just two, they all rock!!

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
    Years
    could someone help me improve this team?

Metagross@ Life Orb
    EV's: Attack-252, HP-128, Speed-128
    Nature: Adamant
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunder Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

Porygon-Z@ Wise Glassses
    EV's SpAttack-252, Speed-252, HP-6
    Nature: Modest
    -Tri-Attack
    -Nasty Plot