• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    CBDusknoir has weak moves coming off of base 100 Atk. Can you say 'easily walled'? It's bulky as all hell, but really.

The Anti-Spinner set is great, though, if only for Will-o-Wisp. Dusk makes a great mixed wall, especially with the ability to instantly cripple any physical attacker in his way.

And no, there's only one Reaper Cloth in the game. You could always get another from PBR, though. Or just trade for another one.

Years
    Yay, you can actually get 2. One in route 229 the other in the Turnback Cave after you catch Giratina. My friend got one for me anyway so even if I don't end up getting it, it won't be too big a problem. Also, with the CB set, I was wondering if maybe changing the CB would do anything? Not Life Orb because Dusknoir has low enough HP but maybe another item. Not sure what. It'll be harder breeding the Careful nature because I have an Adamant Ditto but not a Careful one. Oh well, if you guys say that Anti-Spin set is better, then yeah, that's what I'll use.

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    I have been trying for ages, to make a well balanced team with Tyranitar, Gyarados and Garchomp. I haven't been able to figure the 3 remaining pokemon.
    CB Tar, Bulky Dos, and a Scarfchomp. I need the 3 extra ones figured. thanks.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have been trying for ages, to make a well balanced team with Tyranitar, Gyarados and Garchomp. I haven't been able to figure the 3 remaining pokemon.
    CB Tar, Bulky Dos, and a Scarfchomp. I need the 3 extra ones figured. thanks.

IMO use a better Garchomp set than fail Scarf Chomp. Use the SDer or CBer if you want it to you know...do something.

I'd put walling in the last slots. Definitely a standard special wall and probably something like Swampert + Skarmory to help your walling, since Gyarados is a pretty good fighting resist. Vaporeon or something might be useful for MixApe coverage and for opposing Gyarados, who would smash that particular lineup.

MATTFO0

yo
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    hey i was looking for a good special wall for my new team. if you could post the ev spread,moveset, nature and item that would be great. i prefer it not be a blissey. thanks

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I'm trying to make a good Gallade moveset and I can't decide between the 3 choices on the last move.
    Adamant Nature
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 228 HP/ 252 Atk/ 30 Spd
    Psycho Cut
    Close Combat
    Night Slash
    Hypnosis/ Will O Wisp/ Thunder Wave

My logic is that Hypnosis stops the opponent all together temporarily and Will O Wisp cuts Attack and does small damage infliction. My pick would have been Thunder Wave since it has a chance of the foe's inability to attack and drops speed but I wanted to get a second recommendation before I decided.

Also for the item, I was thinking of having White Herb to recover from Close Combat instead of Leftovers.

Years
    Hey guys. How is it going :D
    I am thinking of making a new team, and since there are new pokemon that are allowed (i think) i would like to give them a try.
    I was wondering if Someone could suggest some a move set and EV spread, the usual please. I need to go work so it owuld be nice if someone could reply for these. Thank you so much :D
    If you do my whole team i will sort you out with thing that you need. If i have it :D
    The pokemon i would like to use is:

Speed Deoxys
    Tyranitar
    Garchomp

NOw i love these three pokemon, so yep. HOwever, i am not sure what to add to this team that would work well, i pretty much have physical sweepers don't I :/
    Oh well, but i would love any help. Anywho, off to work.
    Thank you for your help :D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys. How is it going :D
    I am thinking of making a new team, and since there are new pokemon that are allowed (i think) i would like to give them a try.
    I was wondering if Someone could suggest some a move set and EV spread, the usual please. I need to go work so it owuld be nice if someone could reply for these. Thank you so much :D
    If you do my whole team i will sort you out with thing that you need. If i have it :D
    The pokemon i would like to use is:

Speed Deoxys
    Tyranitar
    Garchomp

NOw i love these three pokemon, so yep. HOwever, i am not sure what to add to this team that would work well, i pretty much have physical sweepers don't I :/
    Oh well, but i would love any help. Anywho, off to work.
    Thank you for your help :D

Try smogon, there are alot of sets those pokemon run.

As for my query, i have a Scarf Typhlosion i want to use. No experience with it previously what so ever =p

Typhlosion@Choice Scarf
    144 ATT / 252 SP.ATT / 112 SPEED
    Mild Nature
    - Eruption
    - Lava Plume
    - Hidden power [Ice/Electric]
    - Focus Punch

What ive got currently,Focus Punch 2hko's Blissey and lax (Also puts dents in flash fire pokes such as Heatran etc), Lava Plume, i thought would be best when its Hp goes down and im mainly using it for its nasty burns rate.

suggestions ?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you Dark :)
    Do you want anything? Lol
    Like TMs?

Nah, its ok =p

You should know, D_A. I'm using a similar one, with less Spe IV's, & moar HP ICE.

I'm iffy on that set, though. It seems so easily walled.

I thought that, although, what other options does it have ? Unless i go all Shadow Claw, Return, Flare Blitz, T-Punch lol

Thats why i had Lava Plume, to burn switch ins, but meh, if you can think of better options, do tell lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Yo again. I thought about doing Rain Dance and Sunny Day teams for OU, because I just wan to try something different from weather teams then Sandstorm and Hail ones in OU. I have one question - which pokes are good enough to be first in both teams. Thx for any ideas and sets. Cheers.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    As for Rain Dance teams, something bulky like Bronzong or Ludicolo generally works best to start the rain, then you just need to use something like a Kingdra or any swift swimmer then a couple of pokemon to take the thunderbolts flying every which way.

Years
    Well I'll just tell you my opinions on RD and SD teams. You need bulky Pokemon for them. For a Rain dance team, you could use Gyarados. Sadly, there are no Drizzler's out there other than Kyogre. Then I'd use a Ludicolo. Also as Angelic Diablo said, use a Bronzong for some tanking and starting off the rain. Swampert would probably be a must. As for an SD team, I wonder how Roserade would work. Tropius isn't too good but if used properly I've noticed he doesn't play too bad. Once again, I'm not the best in this area but those are just my opinions.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    You do not need Gyarados on a Rain Dance team. It would not work as well in the Rain as others. What you need is two or more bulky pokemon to set up Rain Dance, then just sweep. Rain Dance in OU is limited to 5/8 turns so you should make the best of it.

It is worth noting that Kingdra and Kabutops are nigh uncounterable in the Rain.

Sunny Day teams revolve around the same principle except Sunny Day is not present on a variety of pokemon and the Chlorophyll/Solar Power sweepers are significantly weaker than Rain Dance sweepers. Like what I said about Rain Dance teams - sweep, sweep, sweep. Heatran is going to end your sweep most of the time though =/

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    I just go the 7th badge, and don't really play so I don't really know what breeding, ev training, etc are. I don't know what natures do what, also, tell me wha I should switch to what and such.

Ponyta: Level 35, has big root, don't know what that does.
    Lonely Nature
    Fire Blast
    Return
    Fire Spin
    Stomp

Floatzel: Level 36
    Rash Nature
    Surf
    Pursuit
    Crunch
    Aqua Jet

Staraptor: Level 35
    Bold Nature
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Wing Attack

Luxray: Level 36
    Hardy Nature
    Tackle
    Spark
    Charge
    Crunch

Haunter: Level 35
    Rash Nature
    Mean Look
    Sucker Punch
    Night Shade
    Shadow Ball

Torterra: Level 36
    Calm Nature
    Bite
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Earthquake

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm using this standard Smogon set for a Anti-Spin Dusknoir:
    Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Careful
    Pressure
    EV's 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
    ~ ThunderPunch
    ~ Fire Punch / Shadow Sneak
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Pain Split

And I'm wondering if a Sassy nature would be okay, because every Careful I breed have the worst ever IV's, and I bred a Sassy one with very high IV's in everything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back