• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
Years
  • Scizor still needs to be Adamant; also, if you wanted speed and attack, Scyther works too with Swords Dance. He may be a lil more fragile, but Choice Band Scyther works for me just fine. With Scizor... I don't know to be honest.

All of those pokes are already made except for torkoal and pory z. Yeah i made scizor when i was a noob competetive battler....and it is my favourite poke...so i guess it deserves to be remade and with a REAL ev spread..(IT has 252 speed and att plus 6 hp right now)(+ i didnt know bout IVs and it has good ones except for a 3 in speed!!!.

Editing now....EV spread and moveset remain until resuggested.

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
  • Ok espeon is now porygon Z.anyone got any more suggestions?

Electrivire@expert belt LEADER 1
    lonely nature 232 ATK, 188 SPD, 90 SATK
    cross chop
    thunderbolt
    ice punch
    EQ

Scizor@life orb
    adamant nature. 252 att 252 speed 6 def
    night slash
    agility
    x scissor
    iron head

Snorlax@lefties
    Impish common spread
    rest
    curse
    EQ
    body slam

Porygon-Z@choice scarf LEADER 2
    modest common EVs
    ice beam
    discharge
    dark pulse
    tri attack

Blissey@lefties
    bold common spread
    ice beam
    aromatheropy
    softboiled
    thunder wave

Torkoal @ Leftovers; White Smoke
    Relaxed; 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
    Lava Plume
    Explosion
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock

I think i need to get rid of one of my walls....but which one??? probably snorlax as it is neither a cleric or spinner,stealther.....but what kind of offense should i replace it with?
    Anyone suggest a non wall poke to even my team up abit?
    BTW:Any changes on the EVs for scizor and its moveset?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • You're in good need of a Heracross counter, which I can see will really mess you up. I saw someone with a nice set for it.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    252 atk/176spd/80 HP

Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Close Combat
    Return

This set can work a good way to not only deal with ScarfCross, but Scarf'd Heatran. U-Turn for a quick switch if against something effective against you and Return for STAB. HP for Brave Bird.

Also, if you want to help take down Cross with another pokemon of yours, Scizor can do that with Technician Aerial Ace. Surely Scizor takes a Close Combat without dying if it's not Banded. It's also more suited for Baton Passing, but the sweeper set I suppose could work.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • You're in good need of a Heracross counter, which I can see will really mess you up. I saw someone with a nice set for it.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    252 atk/176spd/80 HP

Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Close Combat
    Return

This set can work a good way to not only deal with ScarfCross, but Scarf'd Heatran. U-Turn for a quick switch if against something effective against you and Return for STAB. HP for Brave Bird.

Also, if you want to help take down Cross with another pokemon of yours, Scyther can do that with Technician Aerial Ace. Surely Scizor takes a Close Combat without dying if it's not Banded. It's also more suited for Baton Passing, but the sweeper set I suppose could work.

The way I see the pokemon, Scyther is your sweeper, Scizor is your BPer...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    Can i have a Slaking moveset and EVs? The moveset and EVs are meant to counter the likes of herracross (normal mono) and hit anything else hard. Something like a little speed to outspeed non scarfed crosses, some hp to survive a non cb CC or somehting like that.

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • kk.......guess im using syther(or is my scizor just as good for sweeping?).......can someone give me an updated sweeping set for him?
    +can you think of another poke that does the same thing as that staraptor to the same effect, if not illl use it....

The problem with Scizor is that he lost a lot of speed, and most sweepers need speed in order to function properly, so despite the fact he is stronger (+20 Base Attack) the speed loss (-50 Base Speed) isn't worth it

Scyther@Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 HP
    -X Scissor
    -Aerial Ace
    -Reversal
    -Swords Dance

Aerial Ace is outputing at 135 Base Power (thanks to STAB and Technician) so it puts a dent in most things, especially after an SD, Reversal is just fun to use after SD and Focus Sash has kicked in.

====================================================================

I need help with the EVs for a Mixpert, anyone?

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam/Avalanche
    -Rain Dance

Rain Dance as it's for a Rain Dance team, other moves speak for themselves (well they should =P)

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    ok i need a pokemon that can take a hit but can take a hit aswell soim thinking about using a rhyperoir

can someone give me a good moveset based off my needs?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2008
    First Post and Need help

Hello I am looking for a team to battle my friend with.

If anyone is willing to help I only have access to Diamond, Fire Red, and Sapphire versions. I am not very far into Fire Red of Sapphire though.

Anyway I would like a good team that uses Electivire. Also my friends number one go to Pokemon is gonna be his Dragonite. Any help in a team would be greatly appreciated.

ABYAY

Years
  • well, we need a little more information on what you want, but most Vires use this set.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Lonely
    252 atk/178spd/80sp.atk (I think that's the spread; correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Cross Chop
    Ice Punch
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake

You'll need to attract electric users to get your Motor Drive boost. Gyarados is the best known partner of Electivire.

Gyarados@Focus Sash/Leftovers
    Adamant nature
    Unsure of EVs; someone can fill those in for me?

Waterfall/Ice Fang
    Stone Edge/Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt

Taunt to prevent you from being Roar'd out of the area after Dragon Dancing. If you fear a OHKO, go Focus Sash. If you go bulk, then go Leftovers. Use the above moves with one another (Waterfall and Stone Edge, Ice Fang and Earthquake) for best coverage.

To TBD_Leader: Rhyperior is best as a physical wall... Never expose to special attacks. Contents may melt.

Rhyperior@Leftovers
    Impish nature
    Solid Rock (IMPORTANT!)
    252HP/252Def/6Atk

Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Avalanche/Hammer Arm/Megahorn

Unsure of last move; designed to fit where needed.

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
  • [Tentacruel] @ Black Sludge/Leftovers
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spd <-- That's what I used when I was training a Tentacruel. Dunno how accurate it is however..
    Ability: Clear Body
    -Poison Jab
    -Waterfall
    -Swords Dance
    -Knock Off/Substitute

Swords Dance and sweep. OR Sub, Swords Dance and sweep.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • The problem with Scizor is that he lost a lot of speed, and most sweepers need speed in order to function properly, so despite the fact he is stronger (+20 Base Attack) the speed loss (-50 Base Speed) isn't worth it

Scizor gained a lot more than 20 base Attk. He got a lot better defenses and infinately better typing. Scizor can actually make use of a SD/Roost set.

ABYAY

Years
  • Scyther -> Scizor stat changes.

+20 base attack
    +20 base defense
    -40 base speed.

As you can see, the evolution doesn't change its stats at all. It just alters it to a more defensive pokemon with a better typing. If you're wanting to go all out fury, Scyther's more suited for that. If you're looking for a Baton Passer/stat builder, Scizor's your pick.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • Dialga @choice scarf
    pressure
    modest
    evs: 252 SAtk /252 Spd /6 HP
    -roar of time lolz! /dragon pulse
    -thunderbolt
    -earth power
    -ice beam /flamethrower

i dont know just thought of it right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2008
    ABYAY thanks for the info. With the Gyrados I was wondering could I replace him maybe with Empoleon because that's what I started the game with and it won't let me switch him out will it?

Also if I have an Electivire then use the Empoleon to draw out his electric could I possibly use a Weavile with Ice Punch as a lead then fill in the other three slots with something else? Maybe use Dialga for one of the last three slots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back